Empress of Groovy

Dear Joyce

675 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Dear Joyce,

I am getting married in Feb. and this will be my second wedding. I'm really struggling over what to wear. The traditional wedding gown doesn't appeal to me. Been there done that. What can you suggest? Pictures would be helpful!

Also, would it be OK to frost our cake with Cool Whip?

Yours Truly,

Love is Better the Second Time Around

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
for the future nessa you can get panetone from GFS or Sams Club :)

really? thanks :thumbs: cuz I could order in a brazilian website, but they're way too damn costy.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dear Joyce,

I often hear of TV shows being filmed in front of a live audience. Does this mean that some shows are filmed before dead or comatose audiences? How can I tell which is which?

Signed,

Mildred Pierce

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Dear Joyce,

I often hear of TV shows being filmed in front of a live audience. Does this mean that some shows are filmed before dead or comatose audiences? How can I tell which is which?

Signed,

Mildred Pierce

:thumbs: excellent question, sister mocassin..i always wondered that myself

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

Dear Joyce,

There's nobody here again today. Can I leave an hour earlier sincfe nobody will ever know?

Thanks

Mrs. #######

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

sister joyce...

speaking of cool whip.....i know it goes great on pies and about everything.

but i am sure as a prom queen and cheerleader..you had many tubs licked off you... :devil:

Dean! Goodness!

Well, I must admit that, despite my stunning beauty (if I may say so), I was neither a cheerleader nor prom queen. I never felt that cheerleading represented me as an individual, plus I don't really like the tuba. The prom queen scandal at my high school was an international sensation, you may remember hearing about it. Apparently it was decided that I couldn't be crowned prom queen because I already had a helmet. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? I had to settle for Helmet Princess, which, I suppose, had its own glory.

My boyfriend at the time, the dashing Mr. Peter (he insisted that everyone call him Mr. Peter, including me, although we were the same age), was diabetic, so we couldn't participate in the activities you mention. This was before sugar-free Cool Whip. It's strange to think about how different things could have been!

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

wow...helmet princess...sounds so sensual

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Dear Joyce,

I am getting married in Feb. and this will be my second wedding. I'm really struggling over what to wear. The traditional wedding gown doesn't appeal to me. Been there done that. What can you suggest? Pictures would be helpful!

Yours Truly,

Dear Love is Better:

Well, there are many alternatives to the traditional wedding gown. I bet you can guess what I suggest! Although my favorite is the one-piece polyester pantsuit with a stunning belt, some ladies prefer the two piece, particularly for special occasions. Good examples of this type:

1.jpg

KLC198717323.jpg

I'm working on getting images of the one-piece. Stunning!

And of course you can frost your cake with Cool Whip! I recommend it!

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Dear Joyce,

Yours Truly,

Dear Love is Better:

Well, there are many alternatives to the traditional wedding gown. I bet you can guess what I suggest! Although my favorite is the one-piece polyester pantsuit with a stunning belt, some ladies prefer the two piece, particularly for special occasions. Good examples of this type:

1.jpg

KLC198717323.jpg

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

lol...sister joyce..those homies look like rough characters

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Dear Joyce,

Signed,

Mildred Pierce

Dear Mildred:

Now, that's a complex question! Back when I was a bit younger, I was cast in a sitcom, Barb and Stevie. I was to play the part of an ambitious young lawyer with a hippie-dippy boyfriend. The pilot was filmed before a supposedly live studio audience--I distinctly remember seeing humans in the audience--but they may as well have been dead! No laughs, no chortling, no reaction at all!

I was all set to be a TV star, and it was canceled! Hooey! Well, you can bet that the network execs have been kicking themselves ever since!

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

AOS

Dear Joyce,

There's nobody here again today. Can I leave an hour earlier sincfe nobody will ever know?

Thanks

Mrs. #######

Dear Mrs. #######:

You bet! You just gather your things together in your big leather bag with suede stitching, and you bust on out the door to your own groovy soundtrack!

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

AOS

Timeline

Dear Joyce,

Your advices inspire me. When I grow up I wanna be just like you.

Thanks

Mrs. #######

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Dear Joyce,

Yours Truly,

Dear Love is Better:

1.jpg

KLC198717323.jpg

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

Dear Joyce,

Thank you for the suggestions about what to wear! And while the outfits you selected are truly lovely, I was thinking I'd like something a bit dressier. Any more ideas?

Cool Whip frosting is settled! Any ideas for some classy wedding favors?

Thanks for the inspiration,

Love is Better

Dear joyce,

i checked out you homeboys...seem like a rough bunch.....what is the attraction?

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg