myheartwillgoon

Will there be trouble with my age?

52 posts in this topic

Well, right, but if we have a rule of polite discussion on an international board that makes certain judgments off-limits, shouldn't that extend to a younger couple?

You do realize you are in the MENA forum right? :lol: j/k

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

you had to be legally emancipated to marry before 18 correct at least her in California, which means you an adult as far as financial responsibilities goes?This may be an exception to the 18 year old rule.

Good luck with your marriage and I think you face all the same struggles of anyone !!! None of us know the future, and you have all the same chances of anyone (L):)

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well, right, but if we have a rule of polite discussion on an international board that makes certain judgments off-limits, shouldn't that extend to a younger couple?

You do realize you are in the MENA forum right? :lol: j/k

OMG....... :lol:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
That is not for you to judge. The OP is asking a question here.

Ditto :thumbs:

yes we are young soo at least im not 60 trying to marry a 20 year old. Many people in the USA have gotten married in thier teens and are still married 20 30 40 years later. LIke I ask everyone, "is it ok to just date this one and that one, and sleep with them and live with them for 3 or 4 years to make sure the marriage works??" Waiting until age 25 doesnt guarantee anymore success just more experience. OH sure that is more appropriate and unfortunately that is what people really think you should do, but ask God what he thinks...... We have only known each other and we plan to keep it that way. Yes, I am still in highschool, but by the time he gets here hopefully, i will be graduating. He has already graduated college and he is 21. Our marriage, I bet, will outlast most because we have not known anyone but each other and for 3 years too. As far as parents, yes they support me. My mom and grandmother have met him and his family personally and they love them and him very much. My family will help us in anything we want to pursue in life.

Myheartwillgoon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
That is not for you to judge. The OP is asking a question here.

Ditto :thumbs:

yes we are young soo at least im not 60 trying to marry a 20 year old. Many people in the USA have gotten married in thier teens and are still married 20 30 40 years later. LIke I ask everyone, "is it ok to just date this one and that one, and sleep with them and live with them for 3 or 4 years to make sure the marriage works??" Waiting until age 25 doesnt guarantee anymore success just more experience. OH sure that is more appropriate and unfortunately that is what people really think you should do, but ask God what he thinks...... We have only known each other and we plan to keep it that way. Yes, I am still in highschool, but by the time he gets here hopefully, i will be graduating. He has already graduated college and he is 21. Our marriage, I bet, will outlast most because we have not known anyone but each other and for 3 years too. As far as parents, yes they support me. My mom and grandmother have met him and his family personally and they love them and him very much. My family will help us in anything we want to pursue in life.

but 20 goes into 60 at lot more than 60 goes into 20 :lol: - but all joking aside let's not go there regarding age differences as that is a rather sore subject in this particular forum that some have used to beat others over the head with for their own personal enjoyment.

while it is good that you two have known each other for please understand that there are no guarantees in life. a few times in the past i was certain of a relationship only to learn that i really didn't know the gal that well. life will throw lots of trials and tests your way, i do pray that both of you are successful in overcoming them and live a long successful life together. (F)

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

We do all have opinions here. Its all in the presentation. For instance, why say "Getting married at 17 is foolish"? Wouldn't it be kinder, but still get your point across by saying "Getting married that young can bring trials. I know that when I was 17 I wasn't ready for that comittment".

:thumbs: Sometimes we type and post before we think (I have certainly done that plenty of times). It's always valuable to think about how we can rephrase things so that rather than coming off as judgmental they simply share our opinion. It's a good skill for life too!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We do all have opinions here. Its all in the presentation. For instance, why say "Getting married at 17 is foolish"? Wouldn't it be kinder, but still get your point across by saying "Getting married that young can bring trials. I know that when I was 17 I wasn't ready for that comittment".

:thumbs: Sometimes we type and post before we think (I have certainly done that plenty of times). It's always valuable to think about how we can rephrase things so that rather than coming off as judgmental they simply share our opinion. It's a good skill for life too!

This is so true, and I have been guilty of it in the past. I have learned at work that when I type an email that I need to reread it to make sure it comes out how I intended. I am usually blunt and to the point, but I have learned that my approach works well with others like me, but yet another personality type will take it as harsh sounding. I think its just a matter of learning these techniques after you have upset a few people unintentionally.

To the OP, don't stress about opinions here, they are just opinions. You don't need to defend yourself or your decisions to anyone here. That is between you, your fiance, and God. I think what is being stressed here is just to take your time and make sure it is the right choice. Marriage is not what I thought it was when I was your age. I was picturing us doing everything together, and nothing but happiness. What I found is that marriage is hard, sometimes damn hard. Some days you might look in his face and ask yourself "what was I thinking?". lol

I can see that you have already decided, and that is great. Now comes a new phase in your life. I wish you the best.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.