76 posts in this topic

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
The princess stayed at the vet :crying: She is being tested for feline luekemia and other stuff. They are going to give her some medication. I can pick her up in an hour. I hope it is just a hairball.

Jackie (F)

Awwww poor kitty. You would think that the shelter you got her at would've tested her for feline leuk since every cat there could potientially get it if they just rubbed noses. My parents had a cat they had for years that was an inside/outside cat and he came down with feline leuk. Since they had no other cats, their vet told them if they kept him inside (so he could not infect other cats) he could live a few years. Their cat was about 5 at the time and he lived another 4 years! We'll think on the positive side though. Maybe she just has a virus or is a little stressed over the transition. GET WELL SOON KITTY!!! YOUR MOMMA MISS YA! (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am missing her already. It's time to go back to the vet. I sure hope she comes home.

J (F)

Just to prepare yourself, if indeed she cannot come home........just think that you gave her sooo much love and comfort these past days that she would not have gotten otherwise. (F)

Jenn- I used to love the Celtics back in the day of Larry Bird (bird bird bird is the word...lol) but I always did and always will hate the *squeak* *squeak* *squeak* sound of the sneakers on the floor. BLECH!!! gives me goosebumps just thinking about that sound. Kind of like fingers on a chalkboard or the feeling of a clean glass coming right out of the dishwasher when your hands are wicked dry. I hope you have a good time though!!!! :)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

The princess stayed at the vet :crying: She is being tested for feline luekemia and other stuff. They are going to give her some medication. I can pick her up in an hour. I hope it is just a hairball.

Jackie (F)

Hope kitty pulls through. I have had mine for 7 years and have battled so many different kitty-ailments. I swear I have the sickest cat everrrrrr!

Question for the cooking gifted :)

I have some blackberries, and pillsbury crescent roll dough. Can't I use them together and make tiny puff-ish pastries? I also have dark chocolate, sour cream, butter, flour. A few other things, but its all so erratic trying to gather all my ingredients since my move :(

Any suggestions?

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

you should check the pillsbury website for ideas! i think there's a list of all the pillsbury cookoff recipes on there! maybe make a quick blackberry preserve and fill the crescents with that and a bit of dark chocolate and bake them? maybe do an egg wash on the dough and then sprinkle it with sugar and then bake. sounds like it could be good! :)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

you should check the pillsbury website for ideas! i think there's a list of all the pillsbury cookoff recipes on there! maybe make a quick blackberry preserve and fill the crescents with that and a bit of dark chocolate and bake them? maybe do an egg wash on the dough and then sprinkle it with sugar and then bake. sounds like it could be good! :)

wooo! good idea.

btw- I just answered your thread in AOS. Hope its a smooth transition for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh Jackie-- I hope she feels better!

Let's see, on the list today:

1. 15 minutes on stair stepper (done)

2. work

3. do abs and arm exercises at work (done)

4. do holiday cards at work (mostly done, ran out of cards)

5. Make ammar sign every card I did (done)

6. cook dinner (brown rice for him, stirfry for me, chicken for him with a few veggies)

7. finish cards

8. package up 3 packages

9. find out about the translation

10. call friend

11. hang laundry

12. clean cat boxes, water, food

13. email about app deadline

14. make a cover letter for the first and 2nd job apps

15. discuss our money

16. 1/2 page of thesis data

17. think about eating chocolate covered donuts and how yummy they are.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Oh Jackie-- I hope she feels better!

Let's see, on the list today:

1. 15 minutes on stair stepper (done)

2. work

3. do abs and arm exercises at work (done)

4. do holiday cards at work (mostly done, ran out of cards)

5. Make ammar sign every card I did (done)

6. cook dinner (brown rice for him, stirfry for me, chicken for him with a few veggies)

7. finish cards

8. package up 3 packages

9. find out about the translation

10. call friend

11. hang laundry

12. clean cat boxes, water, food

13. email about app deadline

14. make a cover letter for the first and 2nd job apps

15. discuss our money

16. 1/2 page of thesis data

17. think about eating chocolate covered donuts and how yummy they are.

I vote for #17! :thumbs:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

My To Do list for the day just keeps getting longer :lol: I've got tomorrow's list going too :help:

I've also managed to look busy all day at work without getting anything productive done :D

Edited by polarbear

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm on another forum and they posted this recipe for plum cookies... I am going to try these on maybe friday. it's a butter/sugar dough rolled abd cut into squares, then cut at the corners with a concentric corner, then you pull this into a flower shape after you put a dollup of jam in teh center. I'm thinking about raspberry or strawberry though instead of plum...

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.