Udella&Wiz

What the heck did they do to the Heinz Ketchup???

310 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I know y'all are going to think me weird, but it took me a long time to get used to the US version of Colgate Total. It tasted completely different. I bring back toothpaste whenever I go home for a visit. :blush:

I don't think you are weird.. i thought the same thing.. it is different.. I was just thinking I was weird!! :):wacko:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
One funny story I have about CDN customs.. on my way back from England, i brought curry ketchup back (mmmmmmm) and chocolate.. those were the 2 things my friends and family asked for.

Because I had been on a farm in Wales, i was pulled into secondary and they questioned my "claimed purchases" .. i had claimed chocolate and ketchup.. the lady asked me point blank " are you pregnant or something?".. ha ha!! it was halarious.. I think she thought I was such an odd duck for having those 2 items in my bag she didn't question me further.. just told me not to go on a CDN farm for 2 weeks!! tee hee..

:lol: Just saw this post.

iagree.gif

Timeline
Try organic ketchup... its a little more expensive, but its REALLY yummy... (and has no high fructose corn syrup...) And is available in the US...

BUT IT"S NOT HEINZ!!!!! :P tee hee

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Other Timeline

I use organic ketchup now here too. And organic (or all natural) salad dressings. It costs a bit more, but its worth it. I think the brand of ketchup I use is called Full Circle. Its actually quite good.

I've been jonesing for some Canadian KD lately though. *sigh*

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You know what's funny is after reading this thread everyday for new posts, I started thinking is there anything I only have in Canada that I don't have in the US? Kraft Dinner isn't it, Ketchup isn't it, nothing really until I just realized it's Christmas.

When I used to go back to Canada for Christmas (or a summer visit) my dad would have coke in the fridge. I would drink a number of cans while I was there. I don't drink any soda here in the US and can usually only have a few sips before my teeth start feeling funky.

So I have to admit, I only drink Coke in Canada. Must be the lack of sugar or something, because my teeth don't feel like they're rotting as much or something. Good thing is since I don't drink any soda in the US, my teeth do love me a lot...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

You know what's funny is after reading this thread everyday for new posts, I started thinking is there anything I only have in Canada that I don't have in the US? Kraft Dinner isn't it, Ketchup isn't it, nothing really until I just realized it's Christmas.

When I used to go back to Canada for Christmas (or a summer visit) my dad would have coke in the fridge. I would drink a number of cans while I was there. I don't drink any soda here in the US and can usually only have a few sips before my teeth start feeling funky.

So I have to admit, I only drink Coke in Canada. Must be the lack of sugar or something, because my teeth don't feel like they're rotting as much or something. Good thing is since I don't drink any soda in the US, my teeth do love me a lot...

That's really interesting! It wasn't until I read your post that I started to think..."hmm, I don't drink pop here either!"

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

That's really interesting! It wasn't until I read your post that I started to think..."hmm, I don't drink pop here either!"

Carla (F)

It must be where you guys live. It seems that's ALL they drink down in the Southern States. But then, they add sugar to all their recipes here too. Or maybe it just seems that way. :unsure:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yep.. I just started to drink pop since coming to the US as well.. never drank it before..

that could explain the extra lbs :whistle:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Yep.. I just started to drink pop since coming to the US as well.. never drank it before..

Do they laugh at you when you call it pop? :lol: All of Nick's friends were like "...uh..what?!?" :blink:

:P

Nick calls it pop now too, what a cutie.

I don't drink pop at all and I don't think I'll change that habit once I move.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Do they laugh at you when you call it pop? :lol: All of Nick's friends were like "...uh..what?!?" :blink:

I notice in the Northern States they call it soda, but in the Southern States they call it pop.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yeah mostly when I say things and people give me a look like :blink: I have to stop - and rewind the sentance in my head figure how I went wrong and try to "speak American" to them... I used to get upset with it, now it's just annoying :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Yeah mostly when I say things and people give me a look like :blink: I have to stop - and rewind the sentance in my head figure how I went wrong and try to "speak American" to them... I used to get upset with it, now it's just annoying :)

Damn if I'm going to speak "American". Some people call it pop, some soda. People laugh when I call it pop. Some think it's "cute", some don't. I really don't care. I'll call it whatever I'm used to calling it! :lol:

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

POP FOREVER!!!! :protest:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.