Udella&Wiz

What the heck did they do to the Heinz Ketchup???

310 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I popped in to Zellers yesterday, for no particular reason and I saw these signs in the automotive department - metal signs - and the one on top said Southern Born - then some red white and blue logo type thing then Southern Bred.

I think they were on sale, perhaps not a big seller :blink:

I did not see any ketchup at Zellers

I got some great deals at Zellers when I was home for Christmas! (Hats & mits, slippers and boots.)

As to the metal signs.... that's just weird. Maybe it will make sense to someone who is southern born and/or bred? :blink:

Those signs usually mean the person exhibiting it is very proud of their Southern...and the red, white, and blue logo is probably the Confederate Flag emblem - which to some represents a subtle hint of racism. I'm Southern born but I don't subscribe to the Confederate "the south will rise again" belief. Just MHO. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I popped in to Zellers yesterday, for no particular reason and I saw these signs in the automotive department - metal signs - and the one on top said Southern Born - then some red white and blue logo type thing then Southern Bred.

I got some great deals at Zellers when I was home for Christmas! (Hats & mits, slippers and boots.)

As to the metal signs.... that's just weird. Maybe it will make sense to someone who is southern born and/or bred? :blink:

Those signs usually mean the person exhibiting it is very proud of their Southern...and the red, white, and blue logo is probably the Confederate Flag emblem - which to some represents a subtle hint of racism. I'm Southern born but I don't subscribe to the Confederate "the south will rise again" belief. Just MHO. :)

Yeah - but I live in Canada :lol:

As an aside, my GG grandfather (from Ireland) was a enlisted in to the confederate army - he deserted and joined the union army as he didn't believe in slavery. Yay gg grandfather!

I have his court martial records (for an unrelated matter - he swore at an officer - or not, depending on who you believe haha)

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Yeah - but I live in Canada :lol:

As an aside, my GG grandfather (from Ireland) was a enlisted in to the confederate army - he deserted and joined the union army as he didn't believe in slavery. Yay gg grandfather!

I have his court martial records (for an unrelated matter - he swore at an officer - or not, depending on who you believe haha)

I just asked Joel about that...he says to some Cdns the Confederate (or Rebel) flag means "bad azz"...that they're wannabes. :blink: I guess that makes sense?

Yay for your GG grandfather! :thumbs:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline

Yay gg grandfather!!!!! That's interesting that you have his court martial records. What was the outcome?

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yay gg grandfather!!!!! That's interesting that you have his court martial records. What was the outcome?

They let him off, conflicting stories - but he got out of it - he said he didn't swear at the guy and from what I know of him that probably means he really didn't - but who knows!

And yes Karen, it is a sign of that here, Joel is absolutely right. A couple of weeks ago we saw a guy in a small pickup with confederate flags as back 'curtains' on the window - we laughed - silly people.

Bagels are in the oven, just flipped them over!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance knows what a bagel is... but he has noo clue what an English Muffin is. His face was clueless when I mentioned it. But I also had no clue what a biscuit was.

Also, I've noticed difference it what we call things. Such as In Canada, we call it a Pogo... but they call it a Corn Dog! And I Say Converter and he says Remote Control. lol

My husband has learned lots of "Southernisms" since moving to Georgia. Some I've found hard to explain even though I've used them all my life. Does that make sense? Anywho, I bought him a couple of books to help him along: The Dixie Dictionary and How To Speak Southern. :D

BTW, we live in the Northeast Georgia mountains, near where the Cabbage Patch Dolls are "born".

Cool my wife's parents live in Cleveland, GA and we go back to visit every once in awhile. We go boating on that big lake there and love it...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

So we had the Lipton's chicken noodle (box kind) soup for dinner last night. Disappointing. It wasn't salty enough. It did say it has 25% less salt than the original, but it was on the bottom shelf at the supermarket (which had a lot of emtpy shelves btw - staff shortages per usual) - so I wasn't willing to crawl around on the floor to see if there was some 'regular' at the back of the shelf.

Oh and the flavoring didn't come in the customary blob, it was powder like!

Who buys the stuff on the bottom shelves anyway, garden gnomes?

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
My fiance knows what a bagel is... but he has noo clue what an English Muffin is. His face was clueless when I mentioned it. But I also had no clue what a biscuit was.

Also, I've noticed difference it what we call things. Such as In Canada, we call it a Pogo... but they call it a Corn Dog! And I Say Converter and he says Remote Control. lol

My husband has learned lots of "Southernisms" since moving to Georgia. Some I've found hard to explain even though I've used them all my life. Does that make sense? Anywho, I bought him a couple of books to help him along: The Dixie Dictionary and How To Speak Southern. :D

BTW, we live in the Northeast Georgia mountains, near where the Cabbage Patch Dolls are "born".

Cool my wife's parents live in Cleveland, GA and we go back to visit every once in awhile. We go boating on that big lake there and love it...

We just moved from Cleveland to Demorest...about a 12 minute move. I teach in White County schools which are in Cleveland. :) What big lake?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.