Udella&Wiz

What the heck did they do to the Heinz Ketchup???

310 posts in this topic

cheese whiz :thumbs: I think I miss that the most, food-wise that is.. :(

:lol: Cheese Whiz isn't food, it's one step away from plastic :P

Quasi-plastic on celery is yummy!

I don't care it tastes good on toasted bagels :P and celery as mentioned above.. :thumbs:

I totally forgot about Cheese Whiz! How could I forget such an important nutritional supplement? :D

Modano (Kandy) ~ Canada ------ Johnny ~ USA

04/22/05 ~ Moved to the US

06/18/05 ~ Married!! Woo Hoo!

06/22/05 ~ Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago

06/27/05 ~ Applied for SSN

07/05/05 ~ Received SS card via Mail

07/08/05 ~ NOA's for AOS/AP received

08/24/05 ~ Fingerprinting & Biometrics

03/07/06 ~ I-485 Interview Date

03/07/06 ~ I-485 Approved!

04/13/06 ~ Conditional GC Received

01/04/08 ~ I -751 package mailed to NSC

01/09/08 ~ Confirmation package was received

01/07/08 ~ Cheque cashed - they cashed that in a hurry!

01/15/08 ~ NOA Received dated 01/07/08

01/29/08 ~ Biometrics appointment letter dated 01/25/08

02/12/08 ~ Biometrics appointment

03/13/08 ~ APPROVED!! Green Card has been ordered!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would settle for the No Name Lite Cheez wiz sold at Zehrs/ Loblaws...just as good.

I was thinking...maybe we should consolidate our list of foods to bring? Thanks for the tip about Trader Joe's ketchup - will try

Mine now includes:

V8-Go - i miss the flavour :(

Ketchup (about 8 bottles)

Miracle Whip

Hellmans 1/2 fat mayo - again, doesn't taste the same

Sugar free jam - Smuckers just isn't the same down here

Nestea water add-ins

Corn Syrup (for baking)

Tim's coffee

and the list goes on...........

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Timeline
List:

Ketchup

Cheez Whiz

Rappie Pie

:lol:

No, honest. It's good. Get my X-MIL to make it for you. If she's still alive. Not sure. Haven't seen her since my husband died. Her son, that is. Not my current husband. He's still alive, so please don't send condolences. :unsure:

Oh. And here I was all happy I could use my history degree for something. I'll go to work now! ;) LOL

Oh!! I like history!! Please use it anytime on me!! :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey, out of curiosity, are there Everything Bagels in Montreal? My in-laws seemed mystified by the concept but they don't seem to stray much from poppy and sesame seed.

Mmmmm. Canadian everything bagels. They don't taste the same down here so I've boycotted them. :(

Good to know they exist there just in case Derek and I end up in Canada! :thumbs:

#######, now I am craving an everything bagel with veggie cream cheese.

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Good to know they exist there just in case Derek and I end up in Canada! :thumbs:

Mmmmmm. Toasted everything bagel (Canadian) with herb & garlic cream cheese and a medium coffee with half a cream and one sugar from the Horton's. Mmmmmmm.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mmmmmm. Toasted everything bagel (Canadian) with herb & garlic cream cheese and a medium coffee with half a cream and one sugar from the Horton's. Mmmmmmm.

You are completely killing me!

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh. And here I was all happy I could use my history degree for something. I'll go to work now! ;) LOL

tee hee.. no worries.. Because I spent all my time on the Acadian history - i know nothing of my own !! ;) so you can talk to me all about the early scottish settlers in the Maritimes all you like girlie!!

Girl, you have officially unleashed a monster. I can bore you magnificently with tales about the Bluenose, the history of Louisbourg (I can even sing to you 18th century French folk songs), the importance of the "Foreign Protestants" to the settlement of the South Shore, and blah blah blah. :P Oh, and the Scottish stuff too. ;)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh girl.... are you serious?? It MUST be an aquired taste... it's like potatoes infused with fat.. :P I had it once, and I swore never never again!! I did see a rappie pie group on Facebook though!! ;) tee hee...

Ew. That's not how my X-MIL's tasted. :blink:

My MIL buys the ones from the D'Eon family there in Pubnico. Oh baby is it ever some more good! What I've had has never had a "clog your arteries" type fat. Must be dependent on who's making it.

tee hee.. no worries.. Because I spent all my time on the Acadian history - i know nothing of my own !! ;) so you can talk to me all about the early scottish settlers in the Maritimes all you like girlie!!

Girl, you have officially unleashed a monster. I can bore you magnificently with tales about the Bluenose, the history of Louisbourg (I can even sing to you 18th century French folk songs), the importance of the "Foreign Protestants" to the settlement of the South Shore, and blah blah blah. :P Oh, and the Scottish stuff too. ;)

Me loves history too! I'm wanting to learn all I can about my husband's French Acadian ancestry (as well as his Miqmac background - or is it Micmaq). My ancestry (on my Da's saide) is Welsh and my mom's is Native American...what a mix I am!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

I would kill for a bagel. *sigh*

Hmmm. You got me thinking. It might be easy enough to make them at home. Found this recipe:

BAGELS

• 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 2 pkgs (TBS) dry yeast
  • 2 TBS sugar
  • 2 TBS salt
  • 4 cups bread flour
  • 1 TBS vegetable oil
  • cornmeal for dusting
  • kosher salt, sesame or poppy seeds
  • 3 qts simmering water
  • 2 TBS molasses or malt syrup
Mix together the water, yeast, and 1 tsp sugar and let stand for 10 minutes.

In a large bowl, add the remaining sugar, salt, and 2 cups of the flour. Add the yeast mixture and the oil. Mix and add the remailing 1 1/2 cups of flour. Trun out onto a board and knead for about 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and firm, adding flour if the dough sticks to the board.

Place dough in a clean, oiled bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.

* Punch down the dough and let it rest for about 5 minutes as is, or divided it into 16 small pieces and let the dough relax for about 5 minutes.

To shape into bagels, roll the dough in a long strand and chop off a 6" length with the heel of your hand. Roll it in small pieces the width of a finger and twice the length, tapering at the ends. Shape into rings, pinching ends well together fo that they won't come apart in boiling.

Set the over for 450 degrees F. Place the bagels on a cookie sheet covered with cornmeal and cover for 10 minutes.

Heat the water in a large pot and add the molasses or malt syrup to the water. When the water is very hot, but not boiling, drop the bagel rings carefully into the water, one at a time, in two batches. Cook about 30 seconds, then turn with a skimmer on the other side and simmer for another 30 seconds.

Drain for 5 minutes on a rack. Dip into, or sprinkle with the desired topping, such as salt of seeds. Bake on a greased cookie sheet on the bottom shelf of the preheated over for 15 minutes or until the bagels are light brown and shiney. Cool on a rack.

NOTE: * You can use a bread machine to make the dough, and then continue from the * above.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

huh...whodda thunk? Maybe I'll try that in my bread machine. I hate kneading bread dough by hand :P

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.