Udella&Wiz

What the heck did they do to the Heinz Ketchup???

310 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Maybe, best to get that popcorn back out,lol Time for bed!!

It was just a sit in, a peaceful demonstration if you will.

This thread has really got me thinking though. If I had not seen it I would not have thought about taking any food with me, now I will - ketchup definately and I haven't decided what else yet.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Rappie Pie and Poutine...those are a couple of food things I miss greatly. *sigh* I have tried to duplicate Poutine here but it's just not as good as what I've had back home. I haven't even tried to duplicate Rappie Pie...not sure I want to cos I don't think I'll be too successful with it. My MIL knows to have one (or two) cooked while I'm there. :D

Rappie Pie is a French Acadian dish, I've not heard of it being found anywhere else (so far) than in the French Acadian region of Nova Scotia. Of course, we all know what Poutine is. :D

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

cheese whiz :thumbs: I think I miss that the most, food-wise that is.. :(

:lol: Cheese Whiz isn't food, it's one step away from plastic :P

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Rappie Pie and Poutine...those are a couple of food things I miss greatly. *sigh* I have tried to duplicate Poutine here but it's just not as good as what I've had back home. I haven't even tried to duplicate Rappie Pie...not sure I want to cos I don't think I'll be too successful with it. My MIL knows to have one (or two) cooked while I'm there. :D

Rappie Pie is a French Acadian dish, I've not heard of it being found anywhere else (so far) than in the French Acadian region of Nova Scotia. Of course, we all know what Poutine is. :D

I have never tried it but I have heard of it in New Orleans- Cajuns are ancestors of the French Acadians from Nova Scotia.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh girl.... are you serious?? It MUST be an aquired taste... it's like potatoes infused with fat.. :P I had it once, and I swore never never again!! I did see a rappie pie group on Facebook though!! ;) tee hee...

My first husband was French Canadian, from PEI, and his Mom's Rappie Pie was amazing. :thumbs:

REAALLY .. I did not know that Krikit.. you learn a little something something every day!! :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Oh girl.... are you serious?? It MUST be an aquired taste... it's like potatoes infused with fat.. :P I had it once, and I swore never never again!! I did see a rappie pie group on Facebook though!! ;) tee hee...

My first husband was French Canadian, from PEI, and his Mom's Rappie Pie was amazing. :thumbs:

REAALLY .. I did not know that Krikit.. you learn a little something something every day!! :)

List:

Ketchup

Cheez Whiz

Rappie Pie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Aye, with the Expulsion, Acadian people scattered to New Brunswick and PEI and other parts of NS, since their lands in the Annapolis Valley area were confiscated. I am not sure if Acadian people were there pre-Expulsion.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
Aye, with the Expulsion, Acadian people scattered to New Brunswick and PEI and other parts of NS, since their lands in the Annapolis Valley area were confiscated. I am not sure if Acadian people were there pre-Expulsion.

Sorry girlie.. i did know about the Expulsion.. it was the fact that Krikit's 1st husband was from PEI that i was surprised about.. I'm a French Immersion Flunkie- so got all the Acadian history I could handle :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Hey, out of curiosity, are there Everything Bagels in Montreal? My in-laws seemed mystified by the concept but they don't seem to stray much from poppy and sesame seed.

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry girlie.. i did know about the Expulsion.. it was the fact that Krikit's 1st husband was from PEI that i was surprised about.. I'm a French Immersion Flunkie- so got all the Acadian history I could handle :)

Oh. And here I was all happy I could use my history degree for something. I'll go to work now! ;) LOL

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
Oh. And here I was all happy I could use my history degree for something. I'll go to work now! ;) LOL

tee hee.. no worries.. Because I spent all my time on the Acadian history - i know nothing of my own !! ;) so you can talk to me all about the early scottish settlers in the Maritimes all you like girlie!!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
cheese whiz :thumbs: I think I miss that the most, food-wise that is.. :(

:lol: Cheese Whiz isn't food, it's one step away from plastic :P

Quasi-plastic on celery is yummy!

I don't care it tastes good on toasted bagels :P and celery as mentioned above.. :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.