Udella&Wiz

What the heck did they do to the Heinz Ketchup???

310 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I get mad when I hold open the door for people (at the mall, grocery store,etc) and they don't say thank you.

Me too!!!!! :angry: But I always say "You're welcome" like I think they've thanked me. :innocent:

haha. I say you're welcome too and walk off in a huff.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get mad when I hold open the door for people (at the mall, grocery store,etc) and they don't say thank you.

Me too!!!!! :angry: But I always say "You're welcome" like I think they've thanked me. :innocent:

I'm exactly the same.

"You're welcome!!!!" Huge smile on my face :innocent:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
If you read a lot of posts here, the ONLY reason we're here is because our spouse couldn't make the move to Canada. (at least not yet)

THIS is the only reason Joel is here with me. If I didn't have joint custody issues to deal with then my daughter and I would surely have emigrated to Canada. I'm a USC by birth but to be very honest, there is nothing that would keep me here other than this stupid joint custody issue...and I am NOT about to lose my daughter over it. So, until she is of legal age we are here in the US.

LOL...when I do that (and you know us southern girls can be so sarcastic in such a sweet way ;) ) sometimes the rude person turns and looks at me as if I've suddenly gone green or sumfin. :lol:

Y'know...we all have our reasons for not leaving the States...coming to the States....whatever. All I know is, it's nice to have a place to come post and not get shredded to pieces, as happens in other places on this board. No one gripes for asking questions...we can share our thoughts and opinions without getting judged...let's not allow that to change. This is the ONLY place left for many of us on here. Heck, it's been so nice in here that we have several honouraries that visit quite regularly! :thumbs: What does that say for this forum, eh?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
What does that say for this forum, eh?

You said eh. :lol:

Methinks the transformation has been completed...I am now CANADIAN. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

What does that say for this forum, eh?

You said eh. :lol:

Methinks the transformation has been completed...I am now CANADIAN. :)

Ta da!!!!! :thumbs:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

i always let ppl merge into my lane when im driving and i always get angry when they dont wave lol.

k-1

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays tongue.png)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Medical Exam: 2008-01-24

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11---APPROVEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry : 2008-02-20

Church Marriage : 2008-05-03

POE @ Edmonton International Airport: 2008-02-20

Courthouse marriage: 2008-02-26

ROC

ROC Filed with CSC: 2010-04-13

NOA1 recieved in mail dated: 2010-04-15

Biometrics Appointment: 2010-05-17

Approval Notice: 2010-08-03

Card Received: 2010-08-13

N-400:

N-400 sent 2013-12-02

NOA:|12/09/13|

BIOMETRICS:|12/27/13|

IN-LINE for INTERVIEW 12/31/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I think we had 1 thread closed before!! cant recall what it was centred around, but I think someone forgot to say thank you, which ticked someone off!!!

I get ticked off when people don't wave thank you if I let them merge. You know you're Canadian when....

see I'm like that but that's cause I'm from Wy and if you don't wave when you merge-your better believe that the person that you didn't thank will tell your mom/grandma/grandpa what a horrible child you are. Cause there aren't very many people in Wy and we all know each other.

Princess, you're going to have to get thicker skin as you grow up. You'll realize that people saying that they don't like this or that about the US (or for that matter they hate the whole country) isn't an attack on you. I a USC and don't plan on giving that up, but I like the places where we've been in Canada alot more than I like most of the places where I've lived in the US. My husband likes Canada more than the US too and we're hoping to move back to Canada as soon as I finish school and can find a job in Canada. His job is pretty portable where as only a few organizations will be interested in me. Absolute love of where you live is pretty rare and I'm not expecting to be perfectly happy anywhere. After all if I were, what would I have to look forward too?

Reba, couldn't agree with you more. lovely post

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would appreciate not being talked down to as if I have no experience in the world. You don't know me, don't judge ;). I never take things people say on forums as a personal attack, these things don't keep me up at night, its something else to occupy my time while I wait for my baby to get here. If someone says something I don't agree with, I will reply. I never claimed to be personally offended by anything that was said, but I did say that the things being said were offensive. More to defend someone else who WAS offended than to claim being offended myself. And, I can completely understand someone being angry about their country being bashed if they love their country. Sorry I don't just lie down and take it...I'm an American :)

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. When they openly share it though, it's open ground for other people to criticize that opinion.

If I let someone merge in front of me (rarely) and they don't wave, I stick up my middle finger and honk :lol:

K-1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-10-28

RFE Reply(s) :2007-11-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays :P)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28 (Vancouver)

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry :2008-02-20

Marriage :2008-02-26

Wedding Ceremony: 2008-05-03

Adjustment of Status 4105.gif

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2008-03-09

NOA: 2008-03-15

RFE(s) : 2008-03-29

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Touched: 04/01 - 04/02 - 04/16 - 04/17 - 04/18 - 04/21 - 05/06 - 05/07 - 05/08

Transferred to CSC: 2008-04-30

APPROVED!! : 2008-06-18

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method :Mail

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Approved: 2008-05-12

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Approved: 2008-05-12

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I think we had 1 thread closed before!! cant recall what it was centred around, but I think someone forgot to say thank you, which ticked someone off!!!

I get ticked off when people don't wave thank you if I let them merge. You know you're Canadian when....

see I'm like that but that's cause I'm from Wy and if you don't wave when you merge-your better believe that the person that you didn't thank will tell your mom/grandma/grandpa what a horrible child you are. Cause there aren't very many people in Wy and we all know each other.

Princess, you're going to have to get thicker skin as you grow up. You'll realize that people saying that they don't like this or that about the US (or for that matter they hate the whole country) isn't an attack on you. I a USC and don't plan on giving that up, but I like the places where we've been in Canada alot more than I like most of the places where I've lived in the US. My husband likes Canada more than the US too and we're hoping to move back to Canada as soon as I finish school and can find a job in Canada. His job is pretty portable where as only a few organizations will be interested in me. Absolute love of where you live is pretty rare and I'm not expecting to be perfectly happy anywhere. After all if I were, what would I have to look forward too?

Reba, couldn't agree with you more. lovely post

Like Wyoming. :lol:

If you read a lot of posts here, the ONLY reason we're here is because our spouse couldn't make the move to Canada. (at least not yet)

THIS is the only reason Joel is here with me. If I didn't have joint custody issues to deal with then my daughter and I would surely have emigrated to Canada. I'm a USC by birth but to be very honest, there is nothing that would keep me here other than this stupid joint custody issue...and I am NOT about to lose my daughter over it. So, until she is of legal age we are here in the US.

LOL...when I do that (and you know us southern girls can be so sarcastic in such a sweet way ;) ) sometimes the rude person turns and looks at me as if I've suddenly gone green or sumfin. :lol:

Y'know...we all have our reasons for not leaving the States...coming to the States....whatever. All I know is, it's nice to have a place to come post and not get shredded to pieces, as happens in other places on this board. No one gripes for asking questions...we can share our thoughts and opinions without getting judged...let's not allow that to change. This is the ONLY place left for many of us on here. Heck, it's been so nice in here that we have several honouraries that visit quite regularly! :thumbs: What does that say for this forum, eh?

Well, bless your heart. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.