Dr. A ♥ O

Monday

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

buhhhhh. Work. lol. Give me my flea market day!!!!

Ramy's got a part time job as a party planner's assistant, but he had to travel almost 50 miles to Hartford yesterday in the ice and sleet to be a videographer for a birthday party. I was so scared crapless because he hadn't yet driven in it. Once I found out he arrived to Hartford safe, I figured if he didn't know how to drive in it, he would by the time he got home! Thank God he arrived safe :D

When the roads were clear I ventured out to our booth at the flea market. We usually get to the flea market between 7:30-8:00 to set up but yesterday I didn't even try to go until 1:30. Of course the place was deserted except for the vendors. And without Ramy there I ended up buying a piece of furniture I'd been eyeing for a couple months--an early 40's sideboard. It's kind of art deco and absolutely gorgeous! I bought it from a vendor across the room from us and now we're going to use it as a counter. We were going to give up the booth after Christmas, but I'm so excited and love it so much that I don't want to. Ramy doesn't like it much, but I'm hoping my enthusiasm will catch on. lolllllll. I might post pics of the sideboard later because it's soooo pretty. And it only cost me $40, which was even better because they only charged us half rent for the booth. :D

Lal, feel better! Ramy's been suffering from the same thing since he got here, but we think he might be allergic to the cat.

Divorced. To hell with him.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Since I arrived here, I have had sinus issues. I never ever ever got sick in Tampa. Now I wake up and I

HAVE SO MUCH SNOTTTTTT

its driving me insane.

Sorry you are sick Jenn! be careful not to get dehydrated.

:blink:

maybe your house is too warm at night? i have mine drop to 62 during the night to prevent that.

perhaps - I will try that for a few days. I am getting more & more miserable :crying:

what kinda heat do you have? electric - propane - natural gas?

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

workin from home. School didn't start till 10 and I awoke to the door bell..it was the oil repair guy ready to fix my pipes...........I never even called to schedule him to come today so that was a weird thing but thank God he's here since we all had to sleep in my bed last night since it was the only room in the house with heat.

Yelled at the ex since he still hasn't deposited the money. Thank God my bank pays for checks even when I don't have the money. Granted I pay $33 a whack for that but at least it'll get me by until payday. As soon as I get out of this freakin' mess I'm getting a good lawyer.

I need more coffee. :angry:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm here, good morning all

those with overnight sinus issues, try sleeping with a humidifier on....

Jenn, hope you feel better soon, I dont think there is anything worse than a nasty stomach bug.

Edited by sara535

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Since I arrived here, I have had sinus issues. I never ever ever got sick in Tampa. Now I wake up and I

HAVE SO MUCH SNOTTTTTT

its driving me insane.

maybe your house is too warm at night? i have mine drop to 62 during the night to prevent that.

perhaps - I will try that for a few days. I am getting more & more miserable :crying:

electric - and I have been blaming forced-air for my nasal woes - but this all just sucks. I also want my ingredients for cooking!!! Everything got tossed when we moved so replacing everything is a bit of a pain. Today I am missing vanilla extract - I wanted to make rice pudding. Something gooey & comfy to make me feel less

snoooooootttty

:crying:

Timeline

hi all......

jenn i had something like that once try sticing ti saltine crackers and white rice

have a good day

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

HAVE SO MUCH SNOTTTTTT

its driving me insane.

electric - and I have been blaming forced-air for my nasal woes - but this all just sucks. I also want my ingredients for cooking!!! Everything got tossed when we moved so replacing everything is a bit of a pain. Today I am missing vanilla extract - I wanted to make rice pudding. Something gooey & comfy to make me feel less

snoooooootttty

:crying:

ah yeah, i remember that problem when we had electric heat in texas. you need plants and humidifiers.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Happy Monday! It is a whole 18 degrees here.

I soooo fell asleep during Survivor last night. I woke up to see Todd (that little #######) win a million dollars.

LaL, try Mucinex.

midwest snot-buster

Jackie (F)

Mucinex rocks!!!!

Happy Monday everyone.

I'm still chuckling to myself over the blacked-out word !

I said the dirty word in a restaurant once with my friend & her parents and I thought they were gonna slap me ! :))

It is still so funny. It was like I said the F-word or something. They wanted to kill me.

Anyway, I'm on vacation this week from work. We have a 5 day holiday for Eid.

Happy Eid anyone who is celebrating it !!!

I'm supposed to get some new glasses for my birthday this week & I want to go shopping for some winter boots. Here's a pic of a style I like:

0535_69367_mm.jpg

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Timeline
Happy Monday everyone.

I'm still chuckling to myself over the blacked-out word !

I said the dirty word in a restaurant once with my friend & her parents and I thought they were gonna slap me ! :))

It is still so funny. It was like I said the F-word or something. They wanted to kill me.

Anyway, I'm on vacation this week from work. We have a 5 day holiday for Eid.

Happy Eid anyone who is celebrating it !!!

I'm supposed to get some new glasses for my birthday this week & I want to go shopping for some winter boots. Here's a pic of a style I like:

0535_69367_mm.jpg

Ok so I take it you mean winter boots for Egypt not a place where there is ice??? I'd fall flat on my ####### if I wore those!!! :whistle: They are lovely though! lol

What's going on with your case btw? Any word? Of all people I would think you'd be done by now since you even live there!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Boooo Monday.

We went and watched Tiger Woods win his own tournament yesterday from the VIP box at Sherwood country club and had a great time.

Have a good one!

I concur.

Boo Monday.

Yeah bridget, I just need boots for the winter to replace my slides and my tennis shoes from the summer. I don't know if I would get some that high, but these were some that I seen with the wide calf on them. My leg is too wide to fit into some skinny boots. I might have to get ankle boots if I can't find anything to suit me here.

No word on our case yet. I sent the embassy an email a couple of days ago. We know how that goes. I also tried to call DOS today, but the wait was more than 15 min to talk to an operator, so I decided to try at another time. I'm not sure what they will tell me, but I decided to call later.

Apparently, living here doesn't speed up the process, it just helps us personally to be together while we wait.

Thanks for asking though ! (F) (F)

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

www.sparealife.org

www.freerice.com

Timeline

:crying: any day any day

I concur.

Boo Monday.

Yeah bridget, I just need boots for the winter to replace my slides and my tennis shoes from the summer. I don't know if I would get some that high, but these were some that I seen with the wide calf on them. My leg is too wide to fit into some skinny boots. I might have to get ankle boots if I can't find anything to suit me here.

No word on our case yet. I sent the embassy an email a couple of days ago. We know how that goes. I also tried to call DOS today, but the wait was more than 15 min to talk to an operator, so I decided to try at another time. I'm not sure what they will tell me, but I decided to call later.

Apparently, living here doesn't speed up the process, it just helps us personally to be together while we wait.

Thanks for asking though ! (F) (F)

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

SHUKIS, wiw !!!

I just got off the phone with DOS. I spoke to Chris. He said that everything is finished on Washington's end & that as of now they are processing the last updated information in Cairo. Duh! I knew that. But, he said the case won't go back to Washington & that the final stages are taking place right now.

Thanks again, wateriswide.

(F)

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.freerice.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Monday everyone...woke up to an additional 8 inches of snow to shovel...and some lovely packed in snow at the foot of the driveway...only took me one hour to get out..lol........

I hope everyone has a great day! ~Melinda

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.