TheJourneyBegins

Fiance's Reaction to process

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I looked for Slim's thread on here but could not find it. Any way, I can say that my fiancée has the same attitude as yours. She could not care less about any of this process. "Just tell me when papers will come and I must to go to Moscow, okay?" I hardly blame her. I tried to explain the whole process once before and she just looked at me, "Sounds like same Russian craziness!" I agreed! :lol:

Must be a Russian thing Slim, mine's about the same way. I stress over it more than she does. When we first started talking about filing, she asked when her Visa could be ready. I told her "springtime." So that's the target she has in her mind, and she's fine with it. The actual being apart from each other is harder, and we've both done our share of lamenting the fact that spring always seems so far away. But as far as the actual process goes, she has no interest in it. She doesn't know what a NOA1 or NOA2 or any of the other acronyms we throw around, and she doesn't care to know. All she really wants to know is when to be at the clinic in Moscow for her medical, and when to be at the embassy for her interview. it's a very grounded view that in a strange way actually keeps me grounded too.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Timeline
I looked for Slim's thread on here but could not find it. Any way, I can say that my fiancée has the same attitude as yours. She could not care less about any of this process. "Just tell me when papers will come and I must to go to Moscow, okay?" I hardly blame her. I tried to explain the whole process once before and she just looked at me, "Sounds like same Russian craziness!" I agreed! :lol:

:blink: *No* idea why I had Slim on the brain. Sorry about that!

This isn't the first time I've read one of your posts and saw myself and/or Nadya in it. Sounds like our ladies need to go bowling together. :lol:

Edited by mox

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My SO is really quite patient. Sometimes he will ask me when I think we'll be approved. But when I tell him that it will hopefully be in March but might be later, he just says "Ok, but I miss you."

We both knew that this was going seem like a long time apart, but we feel that we were meant to be together. And once, he's here, we'll be together forever. Soooo, when you look at being together forever, is several months apart really that bad? We have e-mail, e-cards, instant messenger and telephones.

When it gets really hard being apart from my SO, I think of my grandparents who were separated during WWII. My grandpa was stationed in Burma. No phones, no computer communications. They had to exchange letters by snail mail, and sometimes they would get lost. We're really lucky to have such great technology to communicate with!!!

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline

Hey, no problem! Bowling, interesting! That was one thing we never got a change to do when I lived in Kazan' for a year with my fiancée. We always talked about it, but never went.

:blink: *No* idea why I had Slim on the brain. Sorry about that!

This isn't the first time I've read one of your posts and saw myself and/or Nadya in it. Sounds like our ladies need to go bowling together. :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

It has been 1 1/2 years of an emotional roller coaster and the 10 months AP was the worst of it all.

Now once again there is light at the end of the tunnel.

He has been patient, encouraging, determined and up when I was down. Always pointing the way to have faith in God and pray.

We both worked hard on this visa journey and he trusts my judgment on how to proceed when faced with a setback.

He likes to be well informed on the entire process and communicate about each step.

We will be together in April and so looking forward to it.

Filed: Timeline
Hey, no problem! Bowling, interesting! That was one thing we never got a change to do when I lived in Kazan' for a year with my fiancée. We always talked about it, but never went.

Heh, it would even be semi-feasable as Nadya's only a couple hours away in Y-O. We were going to go bowling once while I was there, only to discover the only bowling alley in the city was closed down because the owner was on holiday for a month.

There are definitely worse places to live for a year than Kazan. I really enjoyed the day trip we took. If it weren't for the Russian and Tatar signage, you'd swear you were in Europe.

Timeline

I know Y-O quite well. Even had a friend meet a lady there once (didn't work out though). I still e-mail some folks there (Just last week as a matter of fact.)

Hey, no problem! Bowling, interesting! That was one thing we never got a chance to do when I lived in Kazan' for a year with my fiancée. We always talked about it, but never went.

Heh, it would even be semi-feasable as Nadya's only a couple hours away in Y-O. We were going to go bowling once while I was there, only to discover the only bowling alley in the city was closed down because the owner was on holiday for a month.

There are definitely worse places to live for a year than Kazan. I really enjoyed the day trip we took. If it weren't for the Russian and Tatar signage, you'd swear you were in Europe.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

adriano is usually calm, but thats because he usually doesnt have to do anything...i actually made him go get the italian police certificate today, and am so proud that he actually accomplished the task!! :lol:

he doesnt speak english, so i do all the paperwork and research and such...i try to inform him the best i can, but its so complicated that i know he doesnt really understand everything thats going on...

hes very nervous now, because he is returning to albania on friday to gather the required documents, and have his interview in tirana...he has been living in italy for about 4 years, and has made a life for himself there (steady work and very close friends who are like family to him)...if he doesnt get the visa, then he will be stuck in albania (he doesnt have a visa to return to italy)...i can understand the nervousness, but i constantly tell him that if we are prepared, then we wont get denied the visa...i hope im right!! :blush:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I was lucky, Nick spent alot of time here in Scotland with me. We both find the seperation tough after so long together. I'm now at the point I'm waiting for my packet 3, my medical is booked for jan 11th. It's a nightmare that they wont let us here in Scotland go to Edinburgh consulate or have our medical up here. Means 2 fairly costly trips to London.

It is a really long process made even longer by delays and poor planning for the influx of pre fee increase cases. Hopefully I'll have my interview date by the time I have my medical and we'll be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

While going through it, my husband had no idea how much work I put into my part of it. Even when he had all these errands to run for the process, he thought he knew; but he didnt'. Once he got here, and saw my complete bound book of paperwork and proof, he was amazed.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

To be honest, she is as patient as I am. If she got her visa tomorrow, fine. If it took another year, well then we wait. Neither of us gets in a tizzy over any of this. We are all in traffic jam. Blowing your horn, yelling out the window, all those things do nothing. We'll get there eventually!

That is how I feel! I am a calm driver as well although I do have a rant from time to time when I experience idiocy but then I am only human!!

I am the "away" party and I started off ok - we hadn't been waiting long and we thought the process would only take 6 months (back in the hey day of 90 days to get to NOA2). I've fluctuated in terms of how I have been coping being away from Jeremy but I have developed a sense of calm and patience - I am a different person to who I was when I started this process and I think I am a better person for it. Ok so I am still waiting but we will get there eventually - what matters is the journey - and once I am over there the journey still continues - we will just be together :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.