Antares

I-130 completed at NVC; K-3 just approved at USCIS

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello everyone,

I have a question. My 1-130 petition has been approved at NVC since october 2 2007. The case has not been scheduled for an interview yet. They claim there is a lot of backlog in my home embassy.

Just today USCIS approved my k-3 application. I am actually ready to pursue the k-3 visa now beleieving it will be faster since the inetrview is scheduled by the embassy. My question is:

How does NVC handle that kind of situation?

Given that my I-130 is waiting for an interview date (God knows when), will that prevent them from forwading my k-3 to the embassy when they receive it ?

How long does it take NVC to receive completed application from USCIS. I originally filed in Chicago. I have no idea where they sent it to thereafter.

Thanks for your response

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
hello everyone,

I have a question. My 1-130 petition has been approved at NVC since october 2 2007. The case has not been scheduled for an interview yet. They claim there is a lot of backlog in my home embassy.

Just today USCIS approved my k-3 application. I am actually ready to pursue the k-3 visa now beleieving it will be faster since the inetrview is scheduled by the embassy. My question is:

Given that my I-130 is waiting for an interview date (God knows when), will that prevent them from forwading my k-3 to the embassy when they receive it ?

How long does it take NVC to receive completed application from USCIS. I originally filed in Chicago. I have no idea where they sent it to thereafter.

Thanks for your response

You can move forward with the K3 unless and until NVC schedules the I-130's interview. If you get the K3, you'll have to go back to the embassy one day for your immigrant visa interview (which you can delay up to 1 year), unless of course you'd prefer to abandon it and go for adjustment of status instead (your K3 status will be good on its own for up to 2 years). However, if NVC suddenly schedules your I-130's interview, consider the K3 petition and interview as cancelled.

Edited by Chris Parker

IR-5 Immediate relative parent of adult U.S. citizen, §201(b)

I-130 [100 Days] (+10 days transiting)

03/30/07 Naturalization oath

03/30/07 I-130 sent to VSC priority mail

04/09/07 NOA "Received Date"

05/08/07 NOA1 issued by CSC, rcvd 05/11/07

07/18/07 I-130 approved!

07/23/07 NOA2 received

NVC [73 Days] (+23 days transiting) ** using James' NVC Shortcuts 2.0 **

08/10/07 NVC received, case number MOS*** assigned

08/20/07 DS-3032 & I-864 fee bill generated

08/23/07 DS-3032 delivered to NVC

08/23/07 I-864 payt delivered to St. Louis

08/27/07 IV fee bill generated

08/28/07 I-864 payt processed

09/03/07 I-864 package generated

09/08/07 IV fee bill received & payt sent

09/11/07 IV payt delivered to St. Louis

09/13/07 I-864 entered onto case

09/17/07 IV payt processed

09/24/07 DS-230 generated

09/25/07 I-864 RFE issued

10/01/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 delivered to NVC

10/04/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 entered onto case

10/22/07 Case complete at NVC!

12/10/07 NVC schedules the interview, finally!

12/17/07 Case left NVC

Embassy (Moscow)

12/20/07 Medical exam

01/10/08 Interview APPROVED!

01/15/08 Visa rcvd!

01/26/08 Entered USA

02/04/08 SSN card rcvd (from DS-230 appl./EAE)

02/16,21,25/08 OS155A msg. from TSC

02/28/08 PR card rcvd!

Filed: Timeline
hello everyone,

Thanks for your response

congrats! please fill in ur timeline it can help other

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.