amrssnowangel

NAME CHECKS ON K1 BEFORE INTERVIEW??

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Faith,

I do not think it is a matter of name checks, but a matter of checking to see if all the papers are in order and things match up . I believe your petition was one that randomly gets selected and looked at a bit more closely. It happens. It isnt just a MENA thing, it just happens. I know it is unpleasant, to say the least. Who can comprehend why these things occur ? Use this short wait time as a means of building endurance . After the interview, it is possible you MAY just have a long AP, God forbid, so use this time to better equip yourself . Many of the ladies here have / had persevered through great periods of wait time. Look to them and learn from them. I realize we all have different levels of tolerance, and I mean no harm in what I say. You are in boot camp as far as learning patience. It's rough, I know. You will get through it, rest assured.

I believe the woman you spoke with at NVC was correct. Your petition will move on to the Embassy in a few weeks. Don't stress yourself, it WILL get there.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith,

I do not think it is a matter of name checks, but a matter of checking to see if all the papers are in order and things match up . I believe your petition was one that randomly gets selected and looked at a bit more closely. It happens. It isnt just a MENA thing, it just happens. I know it is unpleasant, to say the least. Who can comprehend why these things occur ? Use this short wait time as a means of building endurance . After the interview, it is possible you MAY just have a long AP, God forbid, so use this time to better equip yourself . Many of the ladies here have / had persevered through great periods of wait time. Look to them and learn from them. I realize we all have different levels of tolerance, and I mean no harm in what I say. You are in boot camp as far as learning patience. It's rough, I know. You will get through it, rest assured.

I believe the woman you spoke with at NVC was correct. Your petition will move on to the Embassy in a few weeks. Don't stress yourself, it WILL get there.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: excellent advice.

I can vouch for the concern on the name thing as well. Not only did they drop one of his 4 names (still dropped, we arent going to fight that battle anymore).. but his name is also transliterated into Egyptian colloquial!!! What should be spelled out:

Abdelmajeed is spelled Abdelmeguid in his Egyptian passport. :wacko: Boy I had a heart attack about that one.

I can empathize with the frustration trying to pull any kind of customer service out of USCIS, but its more of a headache than it's worth. As Nagi stated - it WILL get there! :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well, I called NVC today...after trying and holding for 20 mintues I got a rude man. Now, I used to teach customer service, manage in a call center and developed the quality assurance department, so Im very stingy with my customer service I recieve. I called because my SO realized that they dont have his full name on the papers we got. They leave one out...now that can make ALL the difference in the world on a name check with any MENA man...so I called. This guy..had the guts to tell me that I have to get his passport, mail them a copy...now does anyone know how LONG that can take?? I said..why?? You HAVE the right information in the file and YOU have the file..just fix it...he tried to get a supervisor (after 10 seconds of looking..)..said one was not available. I stated my concern that IF we were in a name check...they may be checking the wrong name...get this...he told me their process isn't any of my concern.. I said..oh yes it sure is...supervisor please...i'll hold...he argued I said...SUPERVISOR PLEASE, ILL HOLD. He puts me on hold FIVE SECONDS...comes back says one isn't available..I said I wasn't on hold long enough for him to even check..that I'll hold while he finds one..he hung up on me. Called back...20 minutes of the same..got one of the girls I talked to before..sweet. Said she doesn't understand WHY i was told I was in NAME CHECKS..cause its a k1..its being PROCESSED. That when the files come in...if all the papers look ok..it goes back out..if there is ANY questions on the paper work..its put aside to be manually gone through..and that takes 2-4 weeks average. I said..well I personally know of someone that is on K1 and has been stuck there a YEAR. She said that would be VERY rare and she's never heard of it...I said..well obviously it does...and thats my biggest fear is that they will stick us in this for MONTHS. She stated again very nicely that it SHOULD be only 2-4 weeks. I feel a bit better...but not till we get to cairo...i was EXPECTING THAT WAIT....NOT this one....I hate surprises..dont handle these well...(can you tell???? LOL) Anyways..jsut wanted to update ya all...thats for the support and advice.....

can we just stick to the AP subject though and just ALL get along??? This is stressful enough without the bickering.... :whistle: :whistle:

I just wanted to say not to worry about them not having all of the names. We never submitted all of his names due to lack of space. Instead of submitting his 5 names we submitted 3. A while back when I called they said is your husband's name **** **** **** **** ***? They have more information than you can ever imagine so they will indeed find all of his names. no worry. Out of your hands for now. One day at a time or you'll make yourself nutso!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.