amrssnowangel

NAME CHECKS ON K1 BEFORE INTERVIEW??

78 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I guess I just do not understand why you feel you need to post anything. She never asked you to support or accept her in any way in her response to someone else. Sometimes I just get the feeling you like to be mean to others to make yourself feel better or more powerful or something.

I didn't ask for you to respond to my post to Jean, and yuo did. I have the same rights here, lady.

Lady!

No one is saying you do not have the right I am just wondering why you feel the need to hurt other people for your own personal pleasure.

:rolleyes:

Are you hurt now too?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
No, why? Would that give you some sort of perverse pleasure too?

Dear Sandy,

You're digging too deep. I get no pleasure out of saying what I think is true. I'm blunt so get over it. Everyone has their own style of writing and support and yours and mine are clearly different.

Ummmm, you guys..... :unsure:

Mhmmm.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just as you say what you have to, so do I and I do not have to get over it and will not get over you being rude and unkind to people who did not ask for your support or opinion in the first place. She never made any statement in this thread for you to respond to her in that manner.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
2004-05-20dog.jpg

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Oh God, another thread to the toilet.

Carry on.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Faith started this thread so that she could get some support and some answers. Now this thread has turned into a back and forth mudslinging fest.

Can we please try and get back on topic here (we may have passed that point but I may as well try)? Faith is still at NVC going through AP and I propose we get this thread back to that which it was intended. She still needs us.

Personally I find it disrespectful to the OP and others who have/will find the responses here useful to continue in this manner.

So :ot2:

Faith, besides you and the other couple I know of I have not seen anyone else who has been put on AP at NVC recently. I did see one couple who was in the same situation (they were from China) and they were at NVC for 20 weeks at the beginning of 2007. I don't know if this helps or not but it kind of gives you a little idea.

Hang in there (F)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

your right !!! and thats why I said what I said in the first place...

Faith I hope you get good news soon.

Water (F)

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline
Just as you say what you have to, so do I and I do not have to get over it and will not get over you being rude and unkind to people who did not ask for your support or opinion in the first place. She never made any statement in this thread for you to respond to her in that manner.

That's your choice Sandy.

I didn't realize that we're not allowed to reply to a post unless granted permission by the poster. I assumed that because this is a public board that anyone could reply to anything they wanted to. I couldn't care less if others disagree with people's posts, that's life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you to those for your support..we are still in AP..I guess I'll check back after the holidays...its just been miserable with his dsl out...limited dial up..(we were spoiled..long story)...but we are managing it. I will book a flight after the first of the year for sometime January..decided not to wait around for them to send the petition on to Cairo..I can always manage to get back for a short visit for the interview. Good news is...My daughter with her two sons will be coming to stay with us for a while..so I'll have help that came from a totally unexpected source...praise God...

Timeline
Thank you to those for your support..we are still in AP..I guess I'll check back after the holidays...its just been miserable with his dsl out...limited dial up..(we were spoiled..long story)...but we are managing it. I will book a flight after the first of the year for sometime January..decided not to wait around for them to send the petition on to Cairo..I can always manage to get back for a short visit for the interview. Good news is...My daughter with her two sons will be coming to stay with us for a while..so I'll have help that came from a totally unexpected source...praise God...

I think a visit will definitely help! :thumbs:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We are still in AP too but after the interview. I will be going back to Alex probably around March if my honey is not here by then. All we can do is be patient and try not to drive each other crazy. lol Let go and let God!

Timeline

Well, I called NVC today...after trying and holding for 20 mintues I got a rude man. Now, I used to teach customer service, manage in a call center and developed the quality assurance department, so Im very stingy with my customer service I recieve. I called because my SO realized that they dont have his full name on the papers we got. They leave one out...now that can make ALL the difference in the world on a name check with any MENA man...so I called. This guy..had the guts to tell me that I have to get his passport, mail them a copy...now does anyone know how LONG that can take?? I said..why?? You HAVE the right information in the file and YOU have the file..just fix it...he tried to get a supervisor (after 10 seconds of looking..)..said one was not available. I stated my concern that IF we were in a name check...they may be checking the wrong name...get this...he told me their process isn't any of my concern.. I said..oh yes it sure is...supervisor please...i'll hold...he argued I said...SUPERVISOR PLEASE, ILL HOLD. He puts me on hold FIVE SECONDS...comes back says one isn't available..I said I wasn't on hold long enough for him to even check..that I'll hold while he finds one..he hung up on me. Called back...20 minutes of the same..got one of the girls I talked to before..sweet. Said she doesn't understand WHY i was told I was in NAME CHECKS..cause its a k1..its being PROCESSED. That when the files come in...if all the papers look ok..it goes back out..if there is ANY questions on the paper work..its put aside to be manually gone through..and that takes 2-4 weeks average. I said..well I personally know of someone that is on K1 and has been stuck there a YEAR. She said that would be VERY rare and she's never heard of it...I said..well obviously it does...and thats my biggest fear is that they will stick us in this for MONTHS. She stated again very nicely that it SHOULD be only 2-4 weeks. I feel a bit better...but not till we get to cairo...i was EXPECTING THAT WAIT....NOT this one....I hate surprises..dont handle these well...(can you tell???? LOL) Anyways..jsut wanted to update ya all...thats for the support and advice.....

can we just stick to the AP subject though and just ALL get along??? This is stressful enough without the bickering.... :whistle: :whistle:

Timeline

Faith,

I hope your petition is on its way to Cairo soon - - (((HUGS))) we are all here for u girl!!!! we shall get to Cairo together and through this tog:) melinda -

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.