NAME CHECKS ON K1 BEFORE INTERVIEW??

78 posts in this topic

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I think we can all empathize with having some panic moments. Just relax, immigration is a wild ride!

WILD ALRIGHT...just not as fun as the Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion...(does that one still exist??)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

you will get through, like doodle said just take it day by day, I know how you feel , this is the worst time I can remember in my life, the unknown waiting and the feeling of powerlessness really can take a toll. I always feel it is bringing my fiance and I closer together not further apart....

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
How long have they or were they there?? Im thinking maybe its not an acutal name hit BUT we are considered high risk due to past divorces and age gap AND MENA...??? But HOW long have these people been in???

They've only been there a week.

I'm just hoping for the best for you (F)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Timeline
not to freak you out but I believe the dipsticks have been stuck in this place for over a year ... I'm sure that is so rare though and also i think once you get to cario you will still be a step 1 regardless of how long they take. Im really sorry its delayed.. it hasn't been too long though so don't get too worried. Also at this point I really think delays have to do with name checks not like in Cairo.

she is still at USCIS not at NVC..... I would take it as a positive.. If you get stuck at NVC, they will clear stuff up and maybe you will not get stuck anywhere else...LOL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Actually I believe Dip STicks is stuck at the service center level. Yasi and a few others got stuck at NVC. Some people started tracking going into AR at NVC and it was found to be overall - very insignificant. Some members though, did not fare so well, although it is rare.

You can get stuck at any leg of this process.

I feel we've been stuck in this process since day ONE. I see by the numbers MOST wait a few days to 2 weeks..to be sent..then the few up to a month....im sure its RARE to be much longer than that..Im just scared...I have major family issues here and he is sooo needed home. (Mom alzheimers..dad with picks disease dementia with less than an expected life expectancy of 5 years now and i do this alone..just to much going back and forth, waiting, and taking care of two...)

how long have you been waiting?

Dont laugh....a week? Its not the time...its the 6 months before at vermont...combined with the unknown..and seeing others here that get "stuck" is making me panic....I just found out last night about my father...(official diagnosis) so Im in a panic as I see everyone else being sent within 2 days..and the AP ####### scares me...so many seem to get stuck in it..I just imagine 6 months in vermont, 6 months nvc...interview....6-12 months AP AGAIN

I can't imagine having AP again..and the reps were adement that its sent to cairo then its up to them to deny...............why say it THAT way?

I have to comment on your situation with your parents. I can sympathize and it is a lot of work I'm sure, but...............I would really try not to look forward to your fiance helping out at all. Heck maybe he will you know? Maybe he'll be the knight in shining armor who helps you out bunches with them, etc. but seriously if that is what you are hoping for I would try to rely on yourself and others instead at the present time. Truth be told what if it takes a good year from now for him to get here? All that stress won't do you any good and then what if once he's here he has adjustment issues, as we've all seen happen on this board and he ends up being more of a burden to you (you now have someone else to cook and clean for, etc.) than a help?

I hope it's not the case but it does happen...we've seen it.

I hear you... good advice...I called my youngest son today...asking if he'd be willing to come help. I already know my SO is a "helper". He does dishes for his mom without even being asked when she is just resting...He never offers this information..but wil say..i need to do the dishes..I'll say..is mom sick? No, he says..it was a long day for her..she's resting...I ask...ohh, she asked you to do this..he says..no...I just do it. (How many Mena men cook ,clean, do dishes and do so much around home.) Maybe it changes...but he's a helper by nature... but I agree...I wasn't meaning helping in a physical way..but more emotional and support...ohhh...face it...IM JUST IMPATIENT TO HAVE HIM HERE.... if I have to be honest...just like everyone else here... :dance::dance::dance:

Faith, do you have Respite Care for your parents? If you don't try your local senior center or hospitals and try to find some outside help for them so you can have a little time to yourself.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline
Actually I believe Dip STicks is stuck at the service center level. Yasi and a few others got stuck at NVC. Some people started tracking going into AR at NVC and it was found to be overall - very insignificant. Some members though, did not fare so well, although it is rare.

You can get stuck at any leg of this process.

I feel we've been stuck in this process since day ONE. I see by the numbers MOST wait a few days to 2 weeks..to be sent..then the few up to a month....im sure its RARE to be much longer than that..Im just scared...I have major family issues here and he is sooo needed home. (Mom alzheimers..dad with picks disease dementia with less than an expected life expectancy of 5 years now and i do this alone..just to much going back and forth, waiting, and taking care of two...)

how long have you been waiting?

Dont laugh....a week? Its not the time...its the 6 months before at vermont...combined with the unknown..and seeing others here that get "stuck" is making me panic....I just found out last night about my father...(official diagnosis) so Im in a panic as I see everyone else being sent within 2 days..and the AP ####### scares me...so many seem to get stuck in it..I just imagine 6 months in vermont, 6 months nvc...interview....6-12 months AP AGAIN

I can't imagine having AP again..and the reps were adement that its sent to cairo then its up to them to deny...............why say it THAT way?

I have to comment on your situation with your parents. I can sympathize and it is a lot of work I'm sure, but...............I would really try not to look forward to your fiance helping out at all. Heck maybe he will you know? Maybe he'll be the knight in shining armor who helps you out bunches with them, etc. but seriously if that is what you are hoping for I would try to rely on yourself and others instead at the present time. Truth be told what if it takes a good year from now for him to get here? All that stress won't do you any good and then what if once he's here he has adjustment issues, as we've all seen happen on this board and he ends up being more of a burden to you (you now have someone else to cook and clean for, etc.) than a help?

I hope it's not the case but it does happen...we've seen it.

I hear you... good advice...I called my youngest son today...asking if he'd be willing to come help. I already know my SO is a "helper". He does dishes for his mom without even being asked when she is just resting...He never offers this information..but wil say..i need to do the dishes..I'll say..is mom sick? No, he says..it was a long day for her..she's resting...I ask...ohh, she asked you to do this..he says..no...I just do it. (How many Mena men cook ,clean, do dishes and do so much around home.) Maybe it changes...but he's a helper by nature... but I agree...I wasn't meaning helping in a physical way..but more emotional and support...ohhh...face it...IM JUST IMPATIENT TO HAVE HIM HERE.... if I have to be honest...just like everyone else here... :dance::dance::dance:

Faith, do you have Respite Care for your parents? If you don't try your local senior center or hospitals and try to find some outside help for them so you can have a little time to yourself.

Not yet..but Im checking into it after the holidays....Both still function but Its going to go fast I fear.

Timeline
not to freak you out but I believe the dipsticks have been stuck in this place for over a year ... I'm sure that is so rare though and also i think once you get to cario you will still be a step 1 regardless of how long they take. Im really sorry its delayed.. it hasn't been too long though so don't get too worried. Also at this point I really think delays have to do with name checks not like in Cairo.

she is still at USCIS not at NVC..... I would take it as a positive.. If you get stuck at NVC, they will clear stuff up and maybe you will not get stuck anywhere else...LOL

I keep telling myself...its ONLY been a WEEK...dont panic...and I do try to think that if they clear it up NOW..then we wont have this issue. Im sure many share a good portion of his first THREE names...his last name isn't common but the rest are. But it may not have been HIM that got us into AP...but whatever the reason...I just hope it makes the AP after go faster..but from what I read...these are DIFFERENT checks than they even do after the interview....but what I wonder is..why isn't there ONE central data base for all this info??? If its used this much why sooo many different agencies in use? Wouldn't ONE central data base of ALL of these be much more efficient??? Oh wait...this IS the government we are talking about...effeciency isn't in their vocabulary...

Timeline

as far as I can tell with my case we have never been sent in for more security checks since our case has made it to cairo and thats 7 plus months... AP covers much more than security checks especially if they want to put your relationship through the ringer.

K1 process

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

AOS

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/29/08 AP touch

6/02/08 AP in hand

9/02/08 AOS interview

Timeline
as far as I can tell with my case we have never been sent in for more security checks since our case has made it to cairo and thats 7 plus months... AP covers much more than security checks especially if they want to put your relationship through the ringer.

May I ask how long you and your SO knew each other before filing your petition?? How many times did you meet? What flags do you think set this off for your case??? Im so nervous about all this...I dont mean to be..but seeing others going through so much heartache and hardship... My SO said last night he doesn't care about the visa...we will be together, here, there..anywhere...

Good luck with your case.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Water,

I think it is their pleasure to delight in ringers.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Sure, we knew each other 9 months met via online before I went to Egypt 1st time. We got engagaed after about 1year of knowing each other, talk daily on the phone and email /im a lot. I went back to egypt again while waiting for NOA2 and I went this last Nov too.So 3 trips each 2.5 weeks ,2 before interview. I have meet his family each trip and they have accepted our engagement.

When they went for a home visit the two main points the man brought up were

A. Im older than him (8,5yrs) and that this is not "normal" in their culture (but wasn't Prophet Muhameds first wife a lot older than him (F) )

B. I have two kids

sooooo I guess those are the red flags for me

Internet,age,children

This whole thing really is so hard, we really love each other and I have not even one doubt of my fiances intentions in this marriage, If I would just give up on the visa and move to Cairo he would be overjoyed!!! His future in Egypt is actually pretty good the real stuggle will be getting established here... We just want to be together, this whole process has left me tramutized and depressed and I wonder if we will ever get an answer :crying:

Edited by water is wide

K1 process

AOS

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/29/08 AP touch

6/02/08 AP in hand

9/02/08 AOS interview

Timeline

WEllll still in AP as everyone else is forwarded...I dont understand why US...Its just such a fear to have this take forever. Maybe Im just impatient at this point..but we are SERIOUSLY considering going a different way with this...I'd say if things dont move faster after an interview...I'll sell the house..make other arrangements for parents and move. I'd have enough to go back and forth for a few years..and just wait out a different route with him..instead of apart. I dont know how some of you have done this..maybe im just not a strong person...but...I cant do the long wait thing. Not in my personality..and stress makes me ill with my Fibro...so I just dont need this. Just to much...

Timeline
WEllll still in AP as everyone else is forwarded...I dont understand why US...Its just such a fear to have this take forever. Maybe Im just impatient at this point..but we are SERIOUSLY considering going a different way with this...I'd say if things dont move faster after an interview...I'll sell the house..make other arrangements for parents and move. I'd have enough to go back and forth for a few years..and just wait out a different route with him..instead of apart. I dont know how some of you have done this..maybe im just not a strong person...but...I cant do the long wait thing. Not in my personality..and stress makes me ill with my Fibro...so I just dont need this. Just to much...

If you look in the K3 section someone from Jordan is going through the same thing. It looks like they're almost randomly taking cases from the Middle East and holding them for checks at the NVC level now.

Try to be calm and breathe. Don't look at everyone else's wait...just focus one day at a time. I know it's hard but you can do this. (F)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.