SusieK

Maybe the time is right to complain

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
It is true. I have a lot of resentment at this, and not at the ones who get the "accelerated" processing or the "alternate non-immigrant visas" but at the fact that we do not have the same privilage they do. It's an equality thing with me. I would pay any additional price for time and do not have the opportunity to.

Should we file a class action lawsuit on this issue? Our USCs with foreign spouse are not treated equally. In my opinion, the K3 visa process should be like the H4 visa process. I hate this endless waiting........

is it possible?

almost afraid to...then our wives and other family members may never get here.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
What is below is just my personal opinion (on a day when I am feeling particularly opinionated :whistle: ) and I do applaud anyone who is actively trying to make a difference in this process. I really hope that you are able to cause enough ripples for people to take notice :)

---

All of the things I've read about the immigration debate seem to focus on illegal immigration or on citizenship. Not one of the candidates seem to spend time talking about what the immigrants coming to the US legally have to go through. The hoops and the emotional hurt we have to jump through to stick to the process.

I am of the opinion that the American public doesn't really care about legal immigration unless they are (or someone very very close to them is) going through it themselves and they see the negative effects it has on both people in the couple. This is not a bash at anyone, it is purely what I have come across while visiting the States and talking to people regarding the whole process.

They are just plain astonished when they hear it takes 10+ months for someone from (merry old) England to come to the US. When I explain to them that there are much longer waits for other countries (and exactly how long that wait can be), they are gobsmacked.

This "dismissing" of the legal immigration process is primarily because they do not realise what it actually involves... how many American people do you know who believe that once you marry an american citizen, that you can just get on a plane and come to the US straightaway? Did any of us have any idea of what the process would take before we decided to research or undertake it ourselves? Were we also blissfully ignorant and thought it would be a relatively easy and painless process? How wrong our understanding turned out to be :(

Dude very well said!! I couldn't agree with you more. I was lamenting to a co-worker this week, and her response was, "I feel for you, but you knew what you were getting into when you signed up for this, so don't complain"....

View our personal blog

Our timeline:

2007-06-25 Married in Brazil

I-130

2007-07-16 Filed I-130 with Nebraska

2007-07-27 NOA1 received

2007-07-28 Touched; no idea why..

2008-01-29 thru 02-01,03 Touched

2008-02-05 Called RFE line, was told my app is on HOLD because I CALLED TOO MUCH!!!!

2008-02-13 my app was assigned to an adjudicator

2008-02-19,20,25,26 Touched

2008-03-04 Congressman called; USCIS called him and told him my cases were being processed any day now... SERÁ??

2008-03-04,05,10,11,12,13,14,17,18 Touched

2008-03-28 Received RFE, dated the 18th (delayed 10 days to receive)

2008-04-08 Sent requested evidence

2008-04-11,13,14 Touched

2008-04-21 RECEIVED NOA2 APPROVAL!!! (Date shows 4-14)

I-129

2007-09-19 Filed I-129F/K3; sent directly to CSC

2007-09-21 NOA1 received

2007-09-25 Touched: Filing fee waived

2008-01-30 thru 02-01,03,04,05,10,11,13,14 Touched

2008-04-14 Touched

2008-04-21 RECEIVED NOA2 APPROVAL!!! (Date shows 4-14)

What is below is just my personal opinion (on a day when I am feeling particularly opinionated :whistle: ) and I do applaud anyone who is actively trying to make a difference in this process. I really hope that you are able to cause enough ripples for people to take notice :)

---

All of the things I've read about the immigration debate seem to focus on illegal immigration or on citizenship. Not one of the candidates seem to spend time talking about what the immigrants coming to the US legally have to go through. The hoops and the emotional hurt we have to jump through to stick to the process.

I am of the opinion that the American public doesn't really care about legal immigration unless they are (or someone very very close to them is) going through it themselves and they see the negative effects it has on both people in the couple. This is not a bash at anyone, it is purely what I have come across while visiting the States and talking to people regarding the whole process.

They are just plain astonished when they hear it takes 10+ months for someone from (merry old) England to come to the US. When I explain to them that there are much longer waits for other countries (and exactly how long that wait can be), they are gobsmacked.

This "dismissing" of the legal immigration process is primarily because they do not realise what it actually involves... how many American people do you know who believe that once you marry an american citizen, that you can just get on a plane and come to the US straightaway? Did any of us have any idea of what the process would take before we decided to research or undertake it ourselves? Were we also blissfully ignorant and thought it would be a relatively easy and painless process? How wrong our understanding turned out to be :(

Dude very well said!! I couldn't agree with you more. I was lamenting to a co-worker this week, and her response was, "I feel for you, but you knew what you were getting into when you signed up for this, so don't complain"....

Must have been HR MANAGER who sends in the extra 1k to expedite the service for these peeps- that is out of line and order.............am i sensing a trend here that applications are being returned for some unknown reason, applications are being forwarded to somewhere else for another frigging delay...........I dont know but tell ya what mates, going to do everything I can physcially do to find out from our congress person. And I will do this for all of us that are waiting. Whether I get a no go or information, will share it.

All I need to do is keep reading these stories and it should help. I am doing a news pr release and have gotten the contacts for some agencies about 50 of them so will do a bulk email and hope that someone is interested in this story.......will post soon on letter that will go out next week to them. Meantime other VJ is calling his congresswoman Monday to get an open forum and I will go to him since he is in a different county, but will copy my congressman on everything that I am doing even tho it may not matter, I have to take the effort and chance in the hopes that it can help somewhere, someone.

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: Timeline

On something like a class action? I'm in, so in to the point that i would risk everything, myself, everything I am to make this right. No matter the shallow comments on VJ and similar sites, the way things are now is wrong.

It is true. I have a lot of resentment at this, and not at the ones who get the "accelerated" processing or the "alternate non-immigrant visas" but at the fact that we do not have the same privilage they do. It's an equality thing with me. I would pay any additional price for time and do not have the opportunity to.

Should we file a class action lawsuit on this issue? Our USCs with foreign spouse are not treated equally. In my opinion, the K3 visa process should be like the H4 visa process. I hate this endless waiting........

On something like a class action? I'm in, so in to the point that i would risk everything, myself, everything I am to make this right. No matter the shallow comments on VJ and similar sites, the way things are now is wrong.

Only way to approach this correctly is to make sure that we protect our most valuable assets and that is our SO's. Lets try to do this throught the press as it a good time to make a shot at it, but class action can have considerable unfavorable results.

Hang on mates, please.

PM me with your thoughts please.

Cheers

Susie

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22214008/

If this issue is foremost in the voters minds for the upcoming election, would it not make sense to send out letters to your Senator Congress rep whoever at this point? I am only suggesting this for the people that would like to take this route, again, however we deal with this issue is totally up to our make up, but this is really aimed at the outspoken peeps, like GOGO, HOHOHO, GREG (xxx) and a few others.

As you can probably tell by my rantings early in the morning I do seem to be quite vocal as it seems to make me think I made a dent somewhere for someone. Let me keep thinking that please, dont bash me for trying, but I cant just sit back and wait for another quote from USCIS that is different from the one that the poster before me got on the backlog and what is going on.

All I want is for a fairshake for everyone. Not just me, but all involved in this journey. If it takes long, then just tell us ok listen up mates, you all are sorta screwed for the next 18 months, but dont tell me a different story each day, i.e, meaning ok you should have a receipt in one week and then the next one saying you cant do that, its wrong. Why cant we just draft a manual for these people in which it states clearly the facts? When speaking to USCIS and whether it may be a CSR or Immigration Officer, I cant but think while they are talking, are they just winging it to get me off the phone or playing some war games on the computer (sorry bad joke there). To be concise in giving out information here to people that JUST WANT THEIR LOVED ONES WITH THEM SOON is not too much to ask.

Good Luck all in whatever way you to choose to deal with the wait. At least I can write for all of us here and mean it with every fibre I can muster.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!!!!

Hi all, I've found that many VJers want to stand up to USCIS but most are afraid as they may be blacklisted if this is the case. We all know that none of us want to wait any longer than we have to this is why I emailed Ellen Degeneres and Oprah asking for assistance...informed them of this website, take a look at the frustration we deal with and incompetence of USCIS. I urge every VJer to email these talk shows and maybe we can get some action after all, television is the highest form of getting our message out there and with their faithfull audiences, maybe this could lead to something. Thank you & good luck to everyone!

jen

Edited by hheaven67

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Timeline

---

Must have been HR MANAGER who sends in the extra 1k to expedite the service for these peeps- that is out of line and order.............am i sensing a trend here that applications are being returned for some unknown reason, applications are being forwarded to somewhere else for another frigging delay...........I dont know but tell ya what mates, going to do everything I can physcially do to find out from our congress person. And I will do this for all of us that are waiting. Whether I get a no go or information, will share it.

All I need to do is keep reading these stories and it should help. I am doing a news pr release and have gotten the contacts for some agencies about 50 of them so will do a bulk email and hope that someone is interested in this story.......will post soon on letter that will go out next week to them. Meantime other VJ is calling his congresswoman Monday to get an open forum and I will go to him since he is in a different county, but will copy my congressman on everything that I am doing even tho it may not matter, I have to take the effort and chance in the hopes that it can help somewhere, someone.

Cheers

today,i wrote to my congressman here in florida....we'll see what becomes of it.

Timeline

If this issue is foremost in the voters minds for the upcoming election, would it not make sense to send out letters to your Senator Congress rep whoever at this point? I am only suggesting this for the people that would like to take this route, again, however we deal with this issue is totally up to our make up, but this is really aimed at the outspoken peeps, like GOGO, HOHOHO, GREG (xxx) and a few others.

As you can probably tell by my rantings early in the morning I do seem to be quite vocal as it seems to make me think I made a dent somewhere for someone. Let me keep thinking that please, dont bash me for trying, but I cant just sit back and wait for another quote from USCIS that is different from the one that the poster before me got on the backlog and what is going on.

All I want is for a fairshake for everyone. Not just me, but all involved in this journey. If it takes long, then just tell us ok listen up mates, you all are sorta screwed for the next 18 months, but dont tell me a different story each day, i.e, meaning ok you should have a receipt in one week and then the next one saying you cant do that, its wrong. Why cant we just draft a manual for these people in which it states clearly the facts? When speaking to USCIS and whether it may be a CSR or Immigration Officer, I cant but think while they are talking, are they just winging it to get me off the phone or playing some war games on the computer (sorry bad joke there). To be concise in giving out information here to people that JUST WANT THEIR LOVED ONES WITH THEM SOON is not too much to ask.

Good Luck all in whatever way you to choose to deal with the wait. At least I can write for all of us here and mean it with every fibre I can muster.

Hi all, I've found that many VJers want to stand up to USCIS but most are afraid as they may be blacklisted if this is the case. We all know that none of us want to wait any longer than we have to this is why I emailed Ellen Degeneres and Oprah asking for assistance...informed them of this website, take a look at the frustration we deal with and incompetence of USCIS. I urge every VJer to email these talk shows and maybe we can get some action after all, television is the highest form of getting our message out there and with their faithfull audiences, maybe this could lead to something. Thank you & good luck to everyone!

jen

what are the email addresses to write to them?

jen

pm me hun and give me where u are cheers

got alot of responses ready to go go go go as gogo would say.......

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

jen

Ellen DeGeneres: http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=10

Oprah: http://www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

jen

Ellen DeGeneres: http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=10

Oprah: http://www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml

SIGN THIS PETITION:

http://www.petitiononline.com/unitefam/

Ok lets also sign this thing and get it out to Washington DC - working on some other things here and to my fellow VJ's that I have spoken to on the phone - thank you for the support and concerns.

Will post later with News Release hopefully wtihin two days

Cheers all and something has to be done for those that will follow us..........all we can do is try and again this is no offense to people that are going to wait for the tides to change, that is your nature, we will just try to make a dent somewhere for all of us - wish us LUCK!!!!

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Can I ask you a question please? I read you timeline and note that you were married in US and then he came to visit you in UK. Well I am in the same situation. I am a UK citizen, living in UK, my husband is a US citizen and had to go back to US for work and while we applied for a visa.That was in August (although we started process in March). He is coming back for 2 weeks next week. He is flying in to Heathrow. I am worried about what questions they will ask him. I called the British Embassy and they said as long as he had a return ticket and proof of work to return to , it shouldn't be a problem, did your husband get hassled when he tried to visit you? Just to put our minds at rest.

Thanks

Can I ask you a question please? I read you timeline and note that you were married in US and then he came to visit you in UK. Well I am in the same situation. I am a UK citizen, living in UK, my husband is a US citizen and had to go back to US for work and while we applied for a visa.That was in August (although we started process in March). He is coming back for 2 weeks next week. He is flying in to Heathrow. I am worried about what questions they will ask him. I called the British Embassy and they said as long as he had a return ticket and proof of work to return to , it shouldn't be a problem, did your husband get hassled when he tried to visit you? Just to put our minds at rest.

Thanks

Hun,

Since he is the USC i dont think its that bad, I can go visit my mate if I want since application is here in the USA - just work prevents me from doing this.

Speaking with Custom's Head Of Operations at JFK who is a good mate, he said that my husband should not attempt to come here (VWP) while everything in progress since we went for the 6 month Visa which we were advised to do by the US CONSULTANT LOL JOKE dont do that goodie - and he was denied due to strong ties in the USA - so with that in mind, your hubbie does not have per se strong ties in the UK just you, but the application is for you to come here I think???????.

I hope that made sense, sorry half asleep. Kris (hubbie) was here while we got married, but has not been able to come back since then while we wait. and wait and wait.

NOT SURE HERE THO - where application is being filed for the UK or USA - so this could be a moot point. Not sure about how the UK works it but there is a thread under that region to ask this questions. Sorry -

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Thanks

My hubby didn't get overly questioned at all. If you are worried I would suggest when your husband comes to visit, one of the strongest things he can show as evidence that he is not intending to stay in the UK (along with the return ticket etc), is that he is applying for a visa for you to emigrate to the US :) Bring along a copy of the NOA1 :)

Btw, if you are applying for a K3, you might want to change your "filed for" in your profile (you're not in AOS yet :) ). Also please create a timeline, it really does help :)

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.