SusieK

Maybe the time is right to complain

30 posts in this topic

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22214008/

If this issue is foremost in the voters minds for the upcoming election, would it not make sense to send out letters to your Senator Congress rep whoever at this point? I am only suggesting this for the people that would like to take this route, again, however we deal with this issue is totally up to our make up, but this is really aimed at the outspoken peeps, like GOGO, HOHOHO, GREG (xxx) and a few others.

As you can probably tell by my rantings early in the morning I do seem to be quite vocal as it seems to make me think I made a dent somewhere for someone. Let me keep thinking that please, dont bash me for trying, but I cant just sit back and wait for another quote from USCIS that is different from the one that the poster before me got on the backlog and what is going on.

All I want is for a fairshake for everyone. Not just me, but all involved in this journey. If it takes long, then just tell us ok listen up mates, you all are sorta screwed for the next 18 months, but dont tell me a different story each day, i.e, meaning ok you should have a receipt in one week and then the next one saying you cant do that, its wrong. Why cant we just draft a manual for these people in which it states clearly the facts? When speaking to USCIS and whether it may be a CSR or Immigration Officer, I cant but think while they are talking, are they just winging it to get me off the phone or playing some war games on the computer (sorry bad joke there). To be concise in giving out information here to people that JUST WANT THEIR LOVED ONES WITH THEM SOON is not too much to ask.

Good Luck all in whatever way you to choose to deal with the wait. At least I can write for all of us here and mean it with every fibre I can muster.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!!!!

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

What is below is just my personal opinion (on a day when I am feeling particularly opinionated :whistle: ) and I do applaud anyone who is actively trying to make a difference in this process. I really hope that you are able to cause enough ripples for people to take notice :)

---

All of the things I've read about the immigration debate seem to focus on illegal immigration or on citizenship. Not one of the candidates seem to spend time talking about what the immigrants coming to the US legally have to go through. The hoops and the emotional hurt we have to jump through to stick to the process.

I am of the opinion that the American public doesn't really care about legal immigration unless they are (or someone very very close to them is) going through it themselves and they see the negative effects it has on both people in the couple. This is not a bash at anyone, it is purely what I have come across while visiting the States and talking to people regarding the whole process.

They are just plain astonished when they hear it takes 10+ months for someone from (merry old) England to come to the US. When I explain to them that there are much longer waits for other countries (and exactly how long that wait can be), they are gobsmacked.

This "dismissing" of the legal immigration process is primarily because they do not realise what it actually involves... how many American people do you know who believe that once you marry an american citizen, that you can just get on a plane and come to the US straightaway? Did any of us have any idea of what the process would take before we decided to research or undertake it ourselves? Were we also blissfully ignorant and thought it would be a relatively easy and painless process? How wrong our understanding turned out to be :(

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

What is below is just my personal opinion (on a day when I am feeling particularly opinionated :whistle: ) and I do applaud anyone who is actively trying to make a difference in this process. I really hope that you are able to cause enough ripples for people to take notice :)

---

All of the things I've read about the immigration debate seem to focus on illegal immigration or on citizenship. Not one of the candidates seem to spend time talking about what the immigrants coming to the US legally have to go through. The hoops and the emotional hurt we have to jump through to stick to the process.

I am of the opinion that the American public doesn't really care about legal immigration unless they are (or someone very very close to them is) going through it themselves and they see the negative effects it has on both people in the couple. This is not a bash at anyone, it is purely what I have come across while visiting the States and talking to people regarding the whole process.

They are just plain astonished when they hear it takes 10+ months for someone from (merry old) England to come to the US. When I explain to them that there are much longer waits for other countries (and exactly how long that wait can be), they are gobsmacked.

This "dismissing" of the legal immigration process is primarily because they do not realise what it actually involves... how many American people do you know who believe that once you marry an american citizen, that you can just get on a plane and come to the US straightaway? Did any of us have any idea of what the process would take before we decided to research or undertake it ourselves? Were we also blissfully ignorant and thought it would be a relatively easy and painless process? How wrong our understanding turned out to be :(

Hun,

as my husband would say in his brit accent, you are SPOT ON - did I realize what this was all about before I entered this screwed up system...NO...reason being why should I....did not affect me..............when I speak to people about the issue and that is everyday and they are totally clueless at the beginning of the conversation, I make sure that they are aware of what is going on. Best I can do for now.

I applaud you for a great informative post and cheers hun, and yes learned what gobsmacked means,. I AGREE and best of luck on the rest of your journey

Cheers :thumbs:

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

We did the K1 route, but I can agree on thinking this whole immigration process was going to be quicker & smoother. And I guess I thought so because... I was a USC :D Not an illegal allien, not a PR, but a super duper USC, and I thought that carried magical powers. I thought that once I mentioned my USC status, the applications would get processed super fast (and although they do faster than PRs, this is still slowww).

Everyone I mention to that we are still in the process, they roll their eyes saying "still? but you are a USC" I wish they would put a spotlight on legal immigration, and work on it a bit. Being separated from your family for these very long wait times is horrible. Don't they know they are causing "undue hardship on the USCs" the very point they are seeking to prevent.

12140.gif

Filed: Timeline

I did exactly that. I printed out lots and lots of data from this site, and sat down with my Congressional caseworker for about an hour, explaining the entire process. I told her what I know about immigration in general, including:

H visaholders, sponsored foreign workers, bring their spouses over in <4 weeks because their process to bring husband/wife over skips USCIS and goes directly through their respective embassies. The fact that it is a "non-immigrant" visa didnt cut ice with me, K1 and K3 visas are BOTH "non-immigrant".

I129 petitions, for foreign workers, are processed and completed within 8 weeks. They go through the SAME SERVICE CENTERS that process ours.

For $1,000 a company can file for accelerated processing. It covers the "additional overtime cost" of pushing the I129 petition through. I would have gladly paid that to have the same right to accelerate the process for my wifey. It isn't available to USC though nor is that option available for families.

Then, we went through the difference in processing time. If you live in an area covered by California, it takes about 2 months longer because the service center either isnt staffed or isnt as efficient as the one in Vermont. The information that is given out is rarely accurate, so there is no way to have any idea when to expect the processing to be complete, when to plan for your spouse/fiance's travel, or anything else. "Customer Service" is both rude and unhelpful, we called it together (this was in Month 5 for us) and I showed her an example of a typical attempt to find out anything on your case.

The long and short? She was angry. He is personally looking into it, not just for me, but into the process in general from the point of view that families at a minimum should at least have the same consideration as imported workers.

There need to be more of our legislators involved. Even though the caseworker was familiar with general immigration law, I think that for her this might be the first time that a regular joe sat down, went through the process, and came to realization just how difficult (and yes painful) it is to get through the legal process while doing everything exactly right.

From the standpoint of the State Department: (we're proud of pulling this off)

We didnt have to wait for Packet III, it was emailed from the embassy to my work email back in October, along with the medical forms that you have to fill out for your medical exam. Mostly med history questionaires.

I visited Jakarta in October and our documents check at the Embassy was completed in October, well before approval. The Indo lady tried to turn us away (not smart), but I had an email from the Consul inviting us to do just that. I had already made it clear, through the Congressman's office, that foreign employees at our embassies have no right to turn US Citizens away and certainly general rudeness that they show to everyone wasn't going to work with me. And you know what? The lady went to the back, checked, then she sat her little butt down and went through everything, checked it, and stamped it.

Nit's medical is scheduled for Monday (the 17th), and will be complete and sent to the embassy before the package arrives from NVC. The consul (American) assured me in writing that it definitely won't get lost.

So we are ready for our interview. The last thing we need is to get the file transferred from CIS to State (NVC), and my caseworker spoke directly with the CSC on Tuesday and they assured her that it would be within the week. She's going to check back in on Monday.

I hope every congressman gets the same visit. I hope every USC gets the same consideration. The only way to change it is to make sure our legislators know that it is a very real issue.

Regards, and luck to all of you

David and Nitadyah

I did exactly that. I printed out lots and lots of data from this site, and sat down with my Congressional caseworker for about an hour, explaining the entire process. I told her what I know about immigration in general, including:

H visaholders, sponsored foreign workers, bring their spouses over in <4 weeks because their process to bring husband/wife over skips USCIS and goes directly through their respective embassies. The fact that it is a "non-immigrant" visa didnt cut ice with me, K1 and K3 visas are BOTH "non-immigrant".

I129 petitions, for foreign workers, are processed and completed within 8 weeks. They go through the SAME SERVICE CENTERS that process ours.

For $1,000 a company can file for accelerated processing. It covers the "additional overtime cost" of pushing the I129 petition through. I would have gladly paid that to have the same right to accelerate the process for my wifey. It isn't available to USC though nor is that option available for families.

Then, we went through the difference in processing time. If you live in an area covered by California, it takes about 2 months longer because the service center either isnt staffed or isnt as efficient as the one in Vermont. The information that is given out is rarely accurate, so there is no way to have any idea when to expect the processing to be complete, when to plan for your spouse/fiance's travel, or anything else. "Customer Service" is both rude and unhelpful, we called it together (this was in Month 5 for us) and I showed her an example of a typical attempt to find out anything on your case.

The long and short? She was angry. He is personally looking into it, not just for me, but into the process in general from the point of view that families at a minimum should at least have the same consideration as imported workers.

There need to be more of our legislators involved. Even though the caseworker was familiar with general immigration law, I think that for her this might be the first time that a regular joe sat down, went through the process, and came to realization just how difficult (and yes painful) it is to get through the legal process while doing everything exactly right.

From the standpoint of the State Department: (we're proud of pulling this off)

We didnt have to wait for Packet III, it was emailed from the embassy to my work email back in October, along with the medical forms that you have to fill out for your medical exam. Mostly med history questionaires.

I visited Jakarta in October and our documents check at the Embassy was completed in October, well before approval. The Indo lady tried to turn us away (not smart), but I had an email from the Consul inviting us to do just that. I had already made it clear, through the Congressman's office, that foreign employees at our embassies have no right to turn US Citizens away and certainly general rudeness that they show to everyone wasn't going to work with me. And you know what? The lady went to the back, checked, then she sat her little butt down and went through everything, checked it, and stamped it.

Nit's medical is scheduled for Monday (the 17th), and will be complete and sent to the embassy before the package arrives from NVC. The consul (American) assured me in writing that it definitely won't get lost.

So we are ready for our interview. The last thing we need is to get the file transferred from CIS to State (NVC), and my caseworker spoke directly with the CSC on Tuesday and they assured her that it would be within the week. She's going to check back in on Monday.

I hope every congressman gets the same visit. I hope every USC gets the same consideration. The only way to change it is to make sure our legislators know that it is a very real issue.

Regards, and luck to all of you

David and Nitadyah

Congrats to you both much happiness and god speed on the rest of your journey...Totally appreciated your insight to this. It does make a difference sometimes in certain cases so to see it from a fellow VJ is just super cool!!!

Cheers

Susie

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

ALL THE ISSUES ARE RIGHT ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATIONS THAT IS WHY WE NEED TO SPEAK UP ….AND SCREEEEEEMMMMMMMM RAISE OUR VOICES TO SAY BEFORE YOU TAKE CARE OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION ISSUES TAKE CARE OF U.S CITIZENS ISSUE WITH IMMIGRATION …. THINK ABOUT IT …. HYPOTHETICALLY ..

IF I AM A U.S CITIZEN LIVING IN DETROIT … SEATILE … MOTANA … MAIN … NY, CA ANY BORDERING COUNTY … ALONG WITH TX, AZ, AND MEXICO BORDERING STATES …. AND FALL IN LOVE WITH A WOMEN FROM CANADA OR MEXICO I HAVE TO WAIT 18 MONTH TO BE WITH THAT PERSON …. THAT IS RETICULES …. ANY AMERICAN CITIZEN WILL AGREE THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS AND CRUEL … YOUR ONLY OTHER OPTION IS IMMIGRATE TO CANEDA ………. ANY U.S CITIZEN WILL AGREE THAT IF THIS HAPPENED TO A PERSON ON H1-B ( EMPLOYMENT VISA) THEY CAN GO AND SPEND A DAY OR TWO AT THE EMBASSY AND BRIONG THEIR SPOUSE WITH THEM.. ..SO DON’T TELL ME THE BULL ()**&& ABOUT IT ALL ABOUT SECURITY PROTECTING OUR COUNTY ….. THAT IS NOT RIGHT .... FOR A H-1 VISA HOLDER THE SECURITY AND BACKGROUND CHECK AND VISA PROCESSING ONLY TAKES TWO DAYS FOR THER WIFES …. AND TO US U.S CITIZEN IT WILL TAKES 18 MONTHS …….THAT IS RETICULES

THEY SHOULD MAKE K-3 PROCESS THE WAY AN H-1 VISA HOLDER GOES ABROAD ( HOME COUNTRY) GET MARRIED AND BRING THEIR WIFE HERE .. THE WHOLE PROCESS TAKE A 2 DAYS IN THE FOREIGN EMBASSY … I AM SOOOOOOOO PIIIIIIISSSSEEEEDD I AM IN THE IT INDUSTRY AND FROM INDIA .. 2 OF MY FRIENDS WHO ARE ON H-1 VISAS WENT BACK AND GOT MARRIED AND THEIR SPOUSE IS WITH THEM RIGHT NOW .. THE COUPLE FLEW BACK TOGETHER ..AND I BEING THE U.S CITIZEN STILL WAITING

---

Right you are about how ignorant people are about this. I don't know how many times I've had to explain to friends and family that just because you marry someone, doesn't make you automatically a citizen of their country. They're astounded! "But.. you're married!"

I did not want to bring up a specific country but there is a guy in my building who flew over to india, married a girl HE NEVER MET (arranged), and 3 weeks later she was here with him on US soil. He is a sponsored visaholder, engineer. I have no resentment towards them at all, but I have a great deal of resentment that this process isn't about "security" at all, it is about putting USC and the families of USC last.

ALL THE ISSUES ARE RIGHT ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATIONS THAT IS WHY WE NEED TO SPEAK UP ….AND SCREEEEEEMMMMMMMM RAISE OUR VOICES TO SAY BEFORE YOU TAKE CARE OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION ISSUES TAKE CARE OF U.S CITIZENS ISSUE WITH IMMIGRATION …. THINK ABOUT IT …. HYPOTHETICALLY ..

IF I AM A U.S CITIZEN LIVING IN DETROIT … SEATILE … MOTANA … MAIN … NY, CA ANY BORDERING COUNTY … ALONG WITH TX, AZ, AND MEXICO BORDERING STATES …. AND FALL IN LOVE WITH A WOMEN FROM CANADA OR MEXICO I HAVE TO WAIT 18 MONTH TO BE WITH THAT PERSON …. THAT IS RETICULES …. ANY AMERICAN CITIZEN WILL AGREE THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS AND CRUEL … YOUR ONLY OTHER OPTION IS IMMIGRATE TO CANEDA ………. ANY U.S CITIZEN WILL AGREE THAT IF THIS HAPPENED TO A PERSON ON H1-B ( EMPLOYMENT VISA) THEY CAN GO AND SPEND A DAY OR TWO AT THE EMBASSY AND BRIONG THEIR SPOUSE WITH THEM.. ..SO DON’T TELL ME THE BULL ()**&& ABOUT IT ALL ABOUT SECURITY PROTECTING OUR COUNTY ….. THAT IS NOT RIGHT .... FOR A H-1 VISA HOLDER THE SECURITY AND BACKGROUND CHECK AND VISA PROCESSING ONLY TAKES TWO DAYS FOR THER WIFES …. AND TO US U.S CITIZEN IT WILL TAKES 18 MONTHS …….THAT IS RETICULES

THEY SHOULD MAKE K-3 PROCESS THE WAY AN H-1 VISA HOLDER GOES ABROAD ( HOME COUNTRY) GET MARRIED AND BRING THEIR WIFE HERE .. THE WHOLE PROCESS TAKE A 2 DAYS IN THE FOREIGN EMBASSY … I AM SOOOOOOOO PIIIIIIISSSSEEEEDD I AM IN THE IT INDUSTRY AND FROM INDIA .. 2 OF MY FRIENDS WHO ARE ON H-1 VISAS WENT BACK AND GOT MARRIED AND THEIR SPOUSE IS WITH THEM RIGHT NOW .. THE COUPLE FLEW BACK TOGETHER ..AND I BEING THE U.S CITIZEN STILL WAITING

I did not want to bring up a specific country but there is a guy in my building who flew over to india, married a girl HE NEVER MET (arranged), and 3 weeks later she was here with him on US soil. He is a sponsored visaholder, engineer. I have no resentment towards them at all, but I have a great deal of resentment that this process isn't about "security" at all, it is about putting USC and the families of USC last.

OOOPSIE just had this conversation with someone last night, and was gobsmacked.........I did not know how quick they could bring their immediate family here...what about security checks??? ####### is wrong with this country...if Corporate America sponsors you then I guess you are good to go along with your SO and children if any. So confused.......

Cheers

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

OOOPSIE just had this conversation with someone last night, and was gobsmacked.........I did not know how quick they could bring their immediate family here...what about security checks??? ####### is wrong with this country...if Corporate America sponsors you then I guess you are good to go along with your SO and children if any. So confused.......

Cheers

Actually now trying to set up meeting with Congress person in two different sectors here in Central Florida with this issue - will post later down the road if we can get an open forum with two different reps (because of holidays who knows) and discuss what can be done for others further down this mess. There are three of us already from VJ that will pursue this little issue along with some other issues.

Cheers and sorry forgot to put this goodie....

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Please see if yours is interested in contacting mine? If so, I can give you my caseworker's contact info. Maybe something can be done after all.

Cheers

Actually now trying to set up meeting with Congress person in two different sectors here in Central Florida with this issue - will post later down the road if we can get an open forum with two different reps (because of holidays who knows) and discuss what can be done for others further down this mess. There are three of us already from VJ that will pursue this little issue along with some other issues.

Cheers and sorry forgot to put this goodie....

It is true. I have a lot of resentment at this, and not at the ones who get the "accelerated" processing or the "alternate non-immigrant visas" but at the fact that we do not have the same privilage they do. It's an equality thing with me. I would pay any additional price for time and do not have the opportunity to.

Cheers

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22214008/

If this issue is foremost in the voters minds for the upcoming election, would it not make sense to send out letters to your Senator Congress rep whoever at this point? I am only suggesting this for the people that would like to take this route, again, however we deal with this issue is totally up to our make up, but this is really aimed at the outspoken peeps, like GOGO, HOHOHO, GREG (xxx) and a few others.

As you can probably tell by my rantings early in the morning I do seem to be quite vocal as it seems to make me think I made a dent somewhere for someone. Let me keep thinking that please, dont bash me for trying, but I cant just sit back and wait for another quote from USCIS that is different from the one that the poster before me got on the backlog and what is going on.

All I want is for a fairshake for everyone. Not just me, but all involved in this journey. If it takes long, then just tell us ok listen up mates, you all are sorta screwed for the next 18 months, but dont tell me a different story each day, i.e, meaning ok you should have a receipt in one week and then the next one saying you cant do that, its wrong. Why cant we just draft a manual for these people in which it states clearly the facts? When speaking to USCIS and whether it may be a CSR or Immigration Officer, I cant but think while they are talking, are they just winging it to get me off the phone or playing some war games on the computer (sorry bad joke there). To be concise in giving out information here to people that JUST WANT THEIR LOVED ONES WITH THEM SOON is not too much to ask.

Good Luck all in whatever way you to choose to deal with the wait. At least I can write for all of us here and mean it with every fibre I can muster.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!!!!

Brother,I am with you !!!! this is just unexceptable to me........i have no idea where my file is,since september 24th....it went from texas to california to some lockbox....and their website is worthless,every week it updates to what?the same as it was last week.and the lockbox,does not say where they are at with the I-130 files....i have never seen such disorder in all my life....because if you ask them.Where is my file? their answer is...I don't know ? now that is #######.....tell me what to do man...i am with you.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
It is true. I have a lot of resentment at this, and not at the ones who get the "accelerated" processing or the "alternate non-immigrant visas" but at the fact that we do not have the same privilage they do. It's an equality thing with me. I would pay any additional price for time and do not have the opportunity to.

Should we file a class action lawsuit on this issue? Our USCs with foreign spouse are not treated equally. In my opinion, the K3 visa process should be like the H4 visa process. I hate this endless waiting........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.