EsOrEnNa

*Baby Corner*

5,208 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
@BelwinMills: congrats to your girl! we just found out today we're having a boy! he gave the doc a hard time because he was kicking and covering his face with his arms. no 3D pic for us either.... how many times during pregnancy are they doing ultrasounds? I forgot to ask. I hope that wasn't the last one? :unsure:

haha we too only had picked out a girls name- Erin....

now we have to come up with a boys name, that seems so much harder!

your stabbing pain might be from the ligaments stretching out. I'm having that too.

Congrats on your boy :dance: . You will have one more ultra sound between 30 weeks and 40 weeks.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much Yassmine. I have lost weight 10 pounds in my first 4 months so maybe that could be it. I have never had pain before in my hand or numbness maybe the baby is pinching a nerve. I need to go research this online.

I lost 15 pounds in my first trimester from being so ill, it seems to be common for alot of women to lose in those first few months. Ive also noticed a number of women mentioning pinched or compressed nerves. I know when my little butterball decides he's comfortable, its usually because he's laying on one of my irritated nerves :)

@autumnchik and yassmine: what is it with pregnancy and chinese cravings???? I could eat chinese every day. i never had any extreme cravings like pickles with peanut butter or anythiung like that. just watermelon and chinese when I felt sick.

For the first coupla months I was so sick I could barely keep down juice and jello. But once I started craving stuff, I didnt care if I got sick. Id let the morning sickness run its course, have a chat with brother john, and proceed to scarf half a gallon of hot and sour soup and a fistfull of crab rangoons with hardly a burp. Once I got sick, I could eat what I wanted for the rest of the day.

Im not a pickle person, never have been. But I do get the peanut butter cravings from time to time. I find it especially tasty with Barnums Animal Crackers. And if you havent tried it, sample the kinda that's made with a dab of honey roasted nuts or honey itself. Nummers :) Ive also noticed alot of folks posting their love of dairy products. I go through that phase off and on eating bowl upon bowl of cereal and milk. I guess its whatever your body needs the most, you crave like mad.

In the past couple of weeks, I've really been feeling my little guy moving. I would swear he's already practicing his salsa dancing :lol:

You have to wonder what on earth they are doing in there sometimes. I was laying on the couch watching a movie tonight with the remote resting on my belly. I was more engrossed in watching the remote jiggle and bounce than what was on the telly :lol:

I got a question: what are my chances of finding a job (any job) at about 25 weeks pregnant?

As previously mentioned, you may have good luck in seasonal employment, like the mall or Walmart. The closer you are to your due date, the less apt an employer is to take the chance of having you pop on the clock. I would just lay all your cards on the table from the get-go and make it clear you're only wanting to work for a short time.

Speaking of work, has anyone else got advice for a newly out-of-work mom-to-be. Today was my last day at work (forced to take early leave) and Im already a basket case! What do I do with myself? And how do I keep from being so dang-blasted depressed? I dont want to be a mope for 2 months waiting to have the baby. I want to enjoy the bright side of the rest and relaxation, but Ive got so many worries on my mind.

Well i have my child birth classes today. I am looking forward to it. Lots to learn, even through i have been through it once already, you forget after 6 years. Hubby is excited through moaning about having to watch a labor on video LOL.

As you can tell by the time, i am awake in the middle of the night AGAIN, this is driving me nuts, i really just want a full nights sleep.

CONGRATS on the boy and girl!!!!!

Edited by Lizzy

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

@belwinMills: congrats.. yay a girl!!

@chnst: i had 2 U/S here in the US and 4 in germany.. but i paid for 2 in germany.. i think they do more U/S if the doc thinks something is wrong with the baby or if they check on the weight.. one of my friends had 7 U/S here in VA and the insurance company paid for all of them cuz the baby wasnt healthy.. so it really depends..

ugh i could do it without meds.. i have LOTS of respect for those who did it all without meds.. gosh i even cry when my tooth hurts :wacko: i hate pain.. :blush:

i have a feeling this is gonna be a loooooooong day.. D was up all night long!! he slept for 30 min!! (6AM -6:30am)!!!! ugh!! i need some sleep :crying:

Edited by Joel'sWife

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

btw the castor oil isnt yucky at all!! i only tasted the O juice.. i would do it again and again.. :lol:

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Joels Wife, your little guy is adorable!! You must have been so worried about the lump on his chest...

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Timeline

I have had 2 u/s and I don't think I get anymore :( He is an active little guy in there! I don't have just kicks anymore...it is more like a total earthquake of the stomach. So cute! I am getting excited...less than 10 weeks to go :)

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

BelwinMills: Yayyy finally another baby girl on this thread! hehe That's amazing!

Joel: Oh no I hope it all goes smoothly and evrything is okay. Please keep posting about it as much as you can. I hope he is okay. Eman isn't sleeping through the night either. He constantly wakes up and he is such a violent sleeper like daddy. THey both toss and turn and drive me bonkers!

I went natural but only cause I had no choice. I got the pain med in the IV for like 2 hours but baby's heartbeat dropped and they thought it was a result of that so they stopped it. I had heard lots of stories about epidurals so it scared me to get one. And I also got induced because my water broke but I wasn't having contractions.

The biggest thing for you preggos to keep in mind is that every person is different so don't freak out when you hear stories about labor. Just listen to your body and take it one step at a time.

Oh and labor will be over before you know it. I had my best friend with me (hubby missed his flight) and she kept me busy through it all. I couldn't believe it was time to push!

LADIES I NEED SOME ADVICE :help:

My due date is tomorrow and I don't see him being born this weekend. Doc said she will sweep my membranes on Monday if I'm not in active labor before then :( and I don't want to go thru that. I've tried eating the famous Preggo Pizza from Skipolini's, acupressure in the webbing between thumb and index finger, sitting and bouncing on the exercise ball, walking (when weather permits) and sex...still nothing. I bought some castor oil yesterday and that is my last desperate attempt (still haven't worked up the nerve to drink it yet *yuck*) to get this labor started. Any suggestions?

Try messaging the groove on the fleshy part of the inside of your foot....as well as the webbing again!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think American doctors have an issue with inducing the labor. The baby will come out when he is ready. The nature knows better.

How come everybody seems to lose weight in the 1 trimester? I was sick as a dog, I threw up non stop and still put on weight. :blink:

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

everyone is different.. i gained a lot in the last 2 months.. not at the begining.. :whistle:

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
I think American doctors have an issue with inducing the labor. The baby will come out when he is ready. The nature knows better.

If that were true, then there would be no premature or postmature babies. There is no reason to believe nature knows best. All magical thinking and nothing more. The same is true for the argument that none of us would be here if childbirth were inherently unsafe. That is also nonsense.

Let's say your greatgreatgreatgrandmother had 7 pregnancies. Of those, there were 5 successful births. One was stillborn. In the last pregnancy, your ancestor developed and died of HELLP along with her baby. Oops. So, we have 5/8 lives altogether. Odds are good that some of your next ancestor's siblings also died later in childhood, but somehow your direct ancestor managed to survive and successfully breed. It is a numbers, not safety game, the way nature has always been. There is a lot of wastage in reproduction.

As for not having pain medication in childbirth, that is nothing more than a preference. Putting your child in a car to go home is many, many, many, many, many times more dangerous and deadly than an epidural. All about perceived and real risk. If you don't want pain relief, knock yourself out. If you do, knock yourself out.

Edited by Wacken

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

joel's wife-Glad your little guy is doing good!

I have had 2 u/s and I don't think I get anymore :( He is an active little guy in there! I don't have just kicks anymore...it is more like a total earthquake of the stomach. So cute! I am getting excited...less than 10 weeks to go :)

I also don't have any more u/s planned. But I have had 4. The first at 9 wks for dating purposes, 2nd at 12 weeks b/c baby's heartbeat wasn't picked up on doppler, 3rd at 20 weeks for gender and diagnostics, and then another at 25 weeks b/c they didn't get a good shot of the kidneys at 20 weeks. A lot huh! But I do wish I could see baby again!

:) I am getting excited too! Eeks! I am trying to stay positive. I have pain and all but I don't want to focus on it. I want this all to be a positive thing and it has been so far. I hear you about the stomach eathquakes, lol.

How come everybody seems to lose weight in the 1 trimester? I was sick as a dog, I threw up non stop and still put on weight. :blink:

I didn't lose weight in the first trimester. I was nauseas in the mornings but I still added weight little by little.

Oh yeah-the question about going natural...to me it means no meds. I think there is a place for induction and I don't want to be really overdue waiting for the baby to come. I don't want to have to be induced but I also don't want to go really far past my due date!

I am planning on using lamaze, and no epi or meds. I know it can't always work out that way, but that is my goal as of now. I know some people think it's crazy to try drug-free these days when almost everyone just gets an epi, but I still want to try it that way.

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

im heavy to start with, so losing weight for me isnt necessarily a bad thing.....ive lost 12lbs and im just over 15wks. i have really bad aversions to food....some days i cant even think about eating anything but i force myself to.

also im getting really bad heartburn already. no fun.

drs appt again on the 27th. the dr here does u/s's every appt, he doesnt like the handheld dopplers. but i leave here to go back to NY Jan 12th, so from then on out ill prolly have less ultrasounds, but ill still get some because my DS was so big and my dr will want to measure this one.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png