j.r.

i-130

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

what do i do now? i'm so confused with all this. paper work is not my strong point. i'm in the navy. and i need help. i know that this topic has been addressed many times over but, i don't have the time to go back and look for it. so any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated. im also waiting for my NOA2 for my I-129F for a K-3. and this whole process is driving me crazy. im not a very optimistic person although i always tell other people to be the opposite. so please help me with this.. someone? anyone? any takers at all?

V/R,

J.R. :huh:

im so clueless regarding this matter...

Are you going for the CR1 or K3 route?

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Are you going for the CR1 or K3 route?

he filed for K-3. the I-130 has been approved, but the 129F has not been approved yet. think he's wondering what does that mean? and what he should be doing at this point.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

The reason why I am asking this and why I have not posted any of the reply of either route is because I dont want to mislead him and get confused. He can leave either the I-130 or I-129F hanging once s/he is decided which route s/he will be going for. But anyways... here's what it is ....

I-130- CR1:

Once it is approved, it will be sent to NVC for processing. There is a shortcut with NVC that will take at least 2-3 months of processing provided that all documents necessary have been prepared; and he is prepared to submit all the documents or correspondences and or bills before it gets to him. He needs to be calling and following up with NVC each step of the way to process the I-130 quickly. The NVC Forum has the James Shortcut as one of the pinned thread, and the NVC Automated Messages is pinned as well. Without the James Shortcut, it will be at least 3-5 months. Once NVC completes the case, additional 4-8 weeks wait for the USEM interview. Total cost: $70- Affidavit of Support, $380- Immigration visa (NVC Processing)

I-130- K3:

I-129F will be approved by USCIS, will be moved to NVC for Case Assignment (2-4 weeks) then to USEM (at least 4-6 weeks) for interview date. The processing of documents will be done once the case reaches USEM. I am not familiar with the K3 processing, but one thing I know is the $100 for the interview fee and the AOS totaling to $1010.

Another fee to consider is the $145 medical at SLEC and P165 for Delbros visa delivery.

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

what do i do now? i'm so confused with all this. paper work is not my strong point. i'm in the navy. and i need help. i know that this topic has been addressed many times over but, i don't have the time to go back and look for it. so any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated. im also waiting for my NOA2 for my I-129F for a K-3. and this whole process is driving me crazy. im not a very optimistic person although i always tell other people to be the opposite. so please help me with this.. someone? anyone? any takers at all?

V/R,

J.R. :huh:

im so clueless regarding this matter...

If you are being deployed into a war zone, you can request expidted service on your application.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

R.P.'s timeline does not give the date the I-130 petition was submitted. If the I-129f (K3) was submitted a few months later, the USCIS has been forwarding the I-130 (CR1/IR1) and no longer processing the K3. If both petitions were approved together, the K3 is sent to the NVC and the I-130 held for AOS. Email notification has been inconsistant.

R.P. should wait to see which I-797c (NOA2) hardcopies are sent to him/her. If both are received in the mail, then follow the K3 path.

If just the I-130 NOA2 is received, then follow the CR1/AR1 directions.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks to all of your replies! i appreciate all of them.

i reread the I-130 NOA2 that CIS sent me, it still isn't clear to me why they're sending it to the NVC already if its just the I-130 alone. because from what i have read from different posts is that the I-129F is the one that the NVC will take action on but, it also says on the NOA2 that they will be contacting my spouse regarding the visa processing steps. my question is, are they processing the I-130 and the I-129F together or is the I-129F disregarded since they are already starting the process of her visa application by contacting her? the letter also says that it is forwarding the visa petition to the appropriate consular office. this is why i'm so confused. :wacko:

thanks to all of your replies! i appreciate all of them.

i reread the I-130 NOA2 that CIS sent me, it still isn't clear to me why they're sending it to the NVC already if its just the I-130 alone. because from what i have read from different posts is that the I-129F is the one that the NVC will take action on but, it also says on the NOA2 that they will be contacting my spouse regarding the visa processing steps. my question is, are they processing the I-130 and the I-129F together or is the I-129F disregarded since they are already starting the process of her visa application by contacting her? the letter also says that it is forwarding the visa petition to the appropriate consular office. this is why i'm so confused. :wacko:

If they are forwarding to the consular office (a branch of the Manilla Embassy) sounds like you are on K-3 track. The CR-1 would have to go thru choice of agent, affidavit of support and DS-230 at the NVC before being forwarded.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.