MrsAmera

Eid Announcement

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Oh shoot, Eid is in 2 days, right? On Wed? I forgot!

Depends Sarah, are you are going by Saudi Arabia or Morocco? Morocco is celebrating on Friday the 21st. Simo is there now, running around all day looking for a sheep.

btw...sheeps are running about 2000-2500dhs for a medium small sized one.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Eid!

Hey Carrie! Are you guys in Morocco?

No not me, just Simo. He went for 2 weeks.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Happy Eid.... wait, so, there is an option to just donate money? But instead people eat sheep? Instead of donating money?

??

????

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

Eid Mubarak!

This will be my husband's second Eid away from his family (Eid al-Fitr this year was his first) and our second Eid together. It's a mixed feeling, you know, happy about being together but sad about being away from his family at the same time.

It's also going to be the first year that he has not personally slaughtered and cleaned the sheep himself.... I didn't know if the neighbors would complain about him doing it in the backyard since we live in the city limits and the halal butcher offered a great deal... he will do everything for the price we'd pay for the sheep anyway so we decided to play it safe and just go that route. My mom lives in the country (in the middle of the woods lol) and I hinted around to her that I'd like to come there and do it but she was having NO part of Little Bo Peep's sheep being done in on her property LOL

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
We're going to have a dinner party on Friday for Eid with lots of lamb and red wine. I can't wait!

:dance: Inshalla I'm getting married Friday night at the masjid and we normally have dinners there :dance: I hope there's dinner too, bc I'm a terrible cook and it would be a shame to make him cook on our wedding night :P

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Happy Eid.... wait, so, there is an option to just donate money? But instead people eat sheep? Instead of donating money?

??

????

The tradition is to donate much of the meat. Usually the family will keep about 1/3 of the meat, and give the rest to the poor.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

??

????

Not everyone agrees that this is an option :)

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
:dance: Inshalla I'm getting married Friday night at the masjid and we normally have dinners there :dance: I hope there's dinner too, bc I'm a terrible cook and it would be a shame to make him cook on our wedding night :P

Hmmmmmmm seems to be another change of plans here -- so he'll be coming home this week after all ? Congratulations !!! :dance::dance::dance:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Hmmmmmmm seems to be another change of plans here -- so he'll be coming home this week after all ? Congratulations !!! :dance::dance::dance:

:lol:

It took me about 2 hrs to decide if I wanted to strangle him or hug him when he told me! After all that sh!t he put me through (I even started to cancell all plans) he decided that it wasn't worth it and he would be on the next possible flight! He's leaving tomorrow night after 1 day Eid with his family and will be here late Thursday night. 3 days warning! Decided he didn't want to wait until next week. :wacko: Whatever, I'm just happy he's coming :energetic:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
We're going to have a dinner party on Friday for Eid with lots of lamb and red wine. I can't wait!

this friday? woohooo :dance::dance::dance::dance:

eta: happy eid everyone!

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
i'm sure our neighbors would have a FIT if we tried to slaughter anything in our backyard. i can imagine the hysteria now!

we'd have peta, the mspca, the town police and probably the fbi at our door at the first site of the sheep! :lol::lol:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.