MrsAmera

Eid Announcement

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just wanted to let you know that Saudi Arabia (who North America goes by for the announcement) has said today that the Eid will be on Wednesday December 19th inshallah. Go get your sheeps! :)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok I wasn't here last year for Eid since I was in Egypt............do people here really go out and buy a sheep and slaughter it? I don't think I could do that to a little lamb. :cry::cry:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
Ok I wasn't here last year for Eid since I was in Egypt............do people here really go out and buy a sheep and slaughter it? I don't think I could do that to a little lamb. :cry::cry:

We let the butcher do the dirty work.

I don't know how our landlord would feel about a lamb slaughter in our apartment. :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

..last year, the Eid was on december 30th....my husband and i got married on the second day of eid...so this eid is going to be DEpressinggggggggggg... :crying:

alhamdulillah, i'll be taking a final that day...i'll try to keep myself as busy as possible at college to avoid all thoughts of eid....man, it sucks that we got married on 2 holidays....eid AND new years...haha....oh boy...december is a really tough month..

anyway...sorry...seems that everytime i post, i'm complaining...

Eid Mubarak everyone!! :)

(L)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey we got married on the 28th of Dec. last year in Egypt. I wanted it to be New Years Eve but the two holidays and a wedding conflicted. So you were there too huh? Kewl!

I'm in finals right now this week. I know what you mean about staying busy with school. Although this is me procrasting my written finals right now. lol

Eid Mubarak as well!

Olivia (F)

..last year, the Eid was on december 30th....my husband and i got married on the second day of eid...so this eid is going to be DEpressinggggggggggg... :crying:

alhamdulillah, i'll be taking a final that day...i'll try to keep myself as busy as possible at college to avoid all thoughts of eid....man, it sucks that we got married on 2 holidays....eid AND new years...haha....oh boy...december is a really tough month..

(L)

Edited by OlivianWaleed

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Me neither :crying:

It is traditional to slaughter the sheep and many families do that; however it is also perfectly acceptable to make zakat with another useful and desirable food item, or to donate cash. The idea of the Eid is to make a sacrifice and to give alms to the poor. Islam allows you to decide the specifics in your own way.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Youssef went to a farm last year with a friend and killed a sheep. Supposedly the friend said he knew what he was doing but Youssef ended up doing the ah "butchering" not bad for a city guy. This year we'll just get one and do zakat at the mosque. Time to dig out the recipes. Last year our son was born the day after Eid on December 31st :)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Timeline

That's what my ex always does.

Not sure what Moh plans on doing for Eid. I suppose tonight is as good a time as any to find out. Thanks for the reminder, Amera. (F)

Youssef went to a farm last year with a friend and killed a sheep. Supposedly the friend said he knew what he was doing but Youssef ended up doing the ah "butchering" not bad for a city guy. This year we'll just get one and do zakat at the mosque. Time to dig out the recipes. Last year our son was born the day after Eid on December 31st :)

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband would love to slaughter a lamb here at home, but I seriously doubt it is permissable in the middle of the city...

Instead the past few years we have sent some money to his family to slaughter a second lamb in our honor in Morocco...not quite the same thing, but it'll have to do.

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Here in Alexandria the streets are beginning to have more and more animals everyday for the Eid. To me it's hard seeing all these animals knowing they will be slaughtered and the celebration of the feast, as I am a vegetarian.

Comments from Wael :

The purpose of slaughtering the sheep is giving people ( who are not able to buy meat ) part of the sheep meat ( the biggest portion actually ) .. and while many people can not afford buying meat for their family and their kids ( and usually eat it from Eid to Eid ) so you all should see the excitement on their faces when seeing the sheep and knowing that this is what they are going to eat soon .

( considering that the meat is not as available here as the states )

Every Eid i used to help the butcher when slaughtering our sheep .. it's a very hard moment for me .. but as i felt sorry for the sheep i also felt sorry for many hungry people waiting for a piece of meat ! Maybe that's what makes it easier for me to accept it .

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

(L)

Hey we got married on the 28th of Dec. last year in Egypt. I wanted it to be New Years Eve but the two holidays and a wedding conflicted. So you were there too huh? Kewl!

I'm in finals right now this week. I know what you mean about staying busy with school. Although this is me procrasting my written finals right now. lol

Eid Mubarak as well!

Olivia

(F)

(L)

Looks like the three of us are in the same boat. I won't blame either one of you for whining if you do the same for me. ;) This is going to be a very difficult Christmas/Eid/Wedding Anniversary/New Years :cry:

On the flip side though........if we can get through this I believe we can get through anything!!! I was talking to my husband last night and I told him that even though God only gives us what we can handle I think perhaps he has his sights a wee bit too high for me at the moment.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

(L)

Eid Mubarak as well!

Olivia

(F)

(L)

Looks like the three of us are in the same boat. I won't blame either one of you for whining if you do the same for me. ;) This is going to be a very difficult Christmas/Eid/Wedding Anniversary/New Years :cry:

On the flip side though........if we can get through this I believe we can get through anything!!! I was talking to my husband last night and I told him that even though God only gives us what we can handle I think perhaps he has his sights a wee bit too high for me at the moment.

yeah, its tough...when my friends/family see me depressed, they're always reminding me that everything's for the best and everything happens for a reason...AND also, as you said, God only gives us as much as we can handle....its still really hard though.. :(

but insha Allah, we'll all be reunited and God will bless us with a lifetime so beautiful that we'll forget these terrrrrrible daysssss...ameen!!

all the best everyone!! (L)

[oh yeah...it is really cool how we were all in egypt getting married at the same time..haha..sobHanallah]

If you never knew

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

--Westlife

Timeline

oh! by the way guys...just a reminder...

its really good to fast beginning tomorrow until the day before the Eid....i don't have time to post any real source that talks about it..but these days are the first 10 days of dhul hijja [the islamic month] and they're veryyyy important...its not obligatory, but its superrr good :thumbs: ...its a little tough with finals and all....but i'm gonna try..happy fasting :) hehe..

If you never knew

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

--Westlife

Timeline

yes i feel the pain of everyone here...sora and everyone else...:( it is a really depressing yet still happy time of year... I as well got married last year on December 21st, 2006...and the last time I was in Egypt we celebrated our wedding, 3eid, New year's...and it truly was an amazing time of year :) sadly, we will be apart for our first anniversary but you know I always tell myself that Allah does everything for a reason...as we say in Arabic..."kul ta2kheera we feeha kheera" which means every late occurrence has good reasons behind it ;) so just keep the hopes up and hey maybe our loved ones will be with us for Valentine's Day :D LOOOOOOL inshAllah :) take care everyone and 3eid mubarak to all!!! :) at least we can celebrate together on VJ!!!!! :dancing: who is bringing the lamb and kofta and baklava and mahshy...and basbosa...goodness i miss Egypt :(

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.