Danno

Still waiting for info on Interview

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I did not want to intrude on Jason-sasha's topic though mine is closely related.

I received my notice from NVC dated nov7 informing me my petition would be forwarded to Moscow

for an interview date, as of now it is dec 10 and I still don't see her number posted at the website nor has she received any packet.

Does it normally take this long to "get the date"?

If it is past normal time... what should I do?

If anyone has contact phone numbers or addresses that might be helpful, I sent one email to the given address on the Moscow-site but have not heard anything in reply.

Thanks

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I did not want to intrude on Jason-sasha's topic though mine is closely related.

I received my notice from NVC dated nov7 informing me my petition would be forwarded to Moscow

for an interview date, as of now it is dec 10 and I still don't see her number posted at the website nor has she received any packet.

If anyone has contact phone numbers or addresses that might be helpful, I sent one email to the given address on the Moscow-site but have not heard anything in reply.

Thanks

I would first call the NVC and ask them if their records indocate if the file was sent to Moscow. NVC phone number: 603-334-0700. The second would be what you did, and e-mail Moscow embassy to confirm. (I believe the email is consulMo@state.gov) They will get back to you within a week or so. I hope everything works out really soon.

Good luck,

Mike.

Timeline

Thanks

I would first call the NVC and ask them if their records indocate if the file was sent to Moscow. NVC phone number: 603-334-0700. The second would be what you did, and e-mail Moscow embassy to confirm. (I believe the email is consulMo@state.gov) They will get back to you within a week or so. I hope everything works out really soon.

Good luck,

Mike.

I am in the same "boat" although our petition is not so badly overdue for an interview as yours! I noticed this morning 4 petitions approved by USCIS after our petition already had interviews schedules! I made a call to the phone service and found out nothing and sent an email to the embassy general contact address as well. Hopefully all of us impatient waiting types can all gain some insight into this murky process. The auto-response I have received so far said they "usually reply within three business days". I will post anything useful that I find out. Mike

Timeline

Thanks for the responses,

I called the NVC and was told it was forwarded to Moscow, they gave me a number in Washingtonl. 202-663-1225

I called that number and waited on hold 50 minutes, the lady who took my call told me "it might take 6 weeks".... check back after that time.

It has taken twice as long as normal at every step so far, even sending the documents from the service center to NVC and now from NVC to Moscow.... not to mention the processing time to get my NOA2.

Trying to find the sunny-spot in all of this and so far the only thing has been no RFE.

The other one was, it looked like the visa would be final at the lowest period of the year for airfares $$$

If this keeps up, it might be heading into the spring pricing season.

William Penn

Timeline

OMG!! "Up to 6 weeks" sounds like a cop-out to get you off the phone! :blink: If I were you, I would either wait out an email response from the embassy.... or go right to a member of Congress and ask for their help!! 3-4 weeks is what I was told by the paid phone service in Moscow and you are coming up on 5. :angry: Personally, I am still torn between wasting more money calling them and waiting for the inevitable "Thank you for your inquiry and here is some information you already know" response. :wacko:

Timeline

Yeah, I may just have to call that pay-line in moscow, although I am sure it will be a waste of time.

Danny

William Penn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Yeah, I may just have to call that pay-line in moscow, although I am sure it will be a waste of time.

Danny

I called that line myself several times, paid for it, got the already known information, but at least I did all I could do. They should e-mail you back really soon, so wait for the email first since those are the same people, only the email takes a week and is free.

Good luck,

Mike.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hmmm....I don't understand why its taking so long for Danno to get an interview date. I pray that it doesn't take this long for Sasha. Does anyone know how often Moscow updates their online interview schedule? They seem to be booked through the beginning of February, and it would make sense that it would be updated every week or so.....but who ever said sensible logic was relevent? Anyway, thanks. And good luck Danno!! Keep us posted.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

Nevermind!! I found the info I was seeking. Yes, they claim to update every week. :thumbs:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

I just happen to look at a email sent to me from NVC explaining (bullshitting) why it has taken twice as long as usual to process the petition through their center.

The 9-11 excuse is typical but what I did notice was the part where "they" would assign the interview date.

It seems as if the Embassy does not do this?

What do you think?

----------------------------------------

Good Afternoon,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

As part of the aftermath of the events of September 11, 2001, there are

additional security check requirements for visa applicants. While it is

not possible to predict when the clearances for this case will be

finished by all involved Washington agencies, please be assured that as

soon as the results are received the NVC will be able to schedule this

case for an interview at the assigned US Embassy or Consulate General.

As soon as an interview is scheduled notification will be sent to the

designated agent by mail.

Regards,

National Visa Center

OH2

William Penn

I know you don't want to hear it.... but just be patient.

In the past, it took about two weeks to get from NVC to the embassy and then about 2-3 more weeks (on average) to get on the website. If they're having a delay now (which I'm sure they are becuase of the whole USCIS update/change/charge'em'more'money) then it may tack on a few extra weeks. Obviously it has, but it shouldn't be too much longer now. You're almost there..... I know it's frustrating, but it will only be a couple weeks.

Hope to see you on here soon with the "date issued!" thread.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I agree with Slim. You are not at a point where you should panic too much. I have done two K-1's. With the first one, I would estimate the time from the packet going to Moscow until the interview date appeared on the website was 5-6 weeks. With the second it was more like 3-4 weeks. Normally as Slim said, two weeks to reach the embassy and 2-4 weeks to get listed on the website.

Your date was assigned at NVC. Now it is just a matter of them getting around to letting you know when it is. I would guess Valentines day might have a specail signifigance for you this year.

The assigned interview dates were always a mystery to me before someone said something about the dates being set at NVC. With my first K-1 I noticed that guys whose file was sent a week before mine had later interview dates and vice versa. I was a believer in the "stack" theory. That they stacked up the files each day on top and started working from the top. sometimes they never reached the ones on the bottom. Once you figure out that the interview date is alligned more with the processing date at NVC it makes more sense.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline

FYI - New interviews until Feb. 12th show on the site the embassy this morning! A Wed. even! Luda tells me that on a Russian site one woman knows her interview is scheduled on Feb. 16th! How do others get this info? I called Moscow embassy phone service and NVC again this morning. Both places say they can not even tell me our petititon was received in Moscow. NVC person denied they have ANYTHING to do with interview dates. Jason, if you see this... How did you find out that yours was delivered to the embassy? I was told again to wait at least a month before trying the embassy paid phone service...

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
FYI - New interviews until Feb. 12th show on the site the embassy this morning! A Wed. even! Luda tells me that on a Russian site one woman knows her interview is scheduled on Feb. 16th! How do others get this info? I called Moscow embassy phone service and NVC again this morning. Both places say they can not even tell me our petititon was received in Moscow. NVC person denied they have ANYTHING to do with interview dates. Jason, if you see this... How did you find out that yours was delivered to the embassy? I was told again to wait at least a month before trying the embassy paid phone service...

My case was covered by the new Appointment NVC processing. NVC scheduled our interview this past Monday, however the case number is not yet on the website (even with today's update). The case is still at NVC even though the interview has been scheduled, though it should be leaving shortly to arrive in time for the interview. I presume once it reaches the embassy, then, maybe, the case will appear on the interview schedule webpage.

IR-5 Immediate relative parent of adult U.S. citizen, §201(b)

I-130 [100 Days] (+10 days transiting)

03/30/07 Naturalization oath

03/30/07 I-130 sent to VSC priority mail

04/09/07 NOA "Received Date"

05/08/07 NOA1 issued by CSC, rcvd 05/11/07

07/18/07 I-130 approved!

07/23/07 NOA2 received

NVC [73 Days] (+23 days transiting) ** using James' NVC Shortcuts 2.0 **

08/10/07 NVC received, case number MOS*** assigned

08/20/07 DS-3032 & I-864 fee bill generated

08/23/07 DS-3032 delivered to NVC

08/23/07 I-864 payt delivered to St. Louis

08/27/07 IV fee bill generated

08/28/07 I-864 payt processed

09/03/07 I-864 package generated

09/08/07 IV fee bill received & payt sent

09/11/07 IV payt delivered to St. Louis

09/13/07 I-864 entered onto case

09/17/07 IV payt processed

09/24/07 DS-230 generated

09/25/07 I-864 RFE issued

10/01/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 delivered to NVC

10/04/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 entered onto case

10/22/07 Case complete at NVC!

12/10/07 NVC schedules the interview, finally!

12/17/07 Case left NVC

Embassy (Moscow)

12/20/07 Medical exam

01/10/08 Interview APPROVED!

01/15/08 Visa rcvd!

01/26/08 Entered USA

02/04/08 SSN card rcvd (from DS-230 appl./EAE)

02/16,21,25/08 OS155A msg. from TSC

02/28/08 PR card rcvd!

Timeline

I got the shipping date from NVC. the date they sent it to Moscow. I tracked the package through DHL. Its a really neat trick that a couple of guys came up with. Worked beautifully. Its in the NVC forum. Listed as something like "how to track your petition from NVC to Embassy".

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.