doodlebugg

Monday. Wish it was Sunday. 'cause that's my funday.

75 posts in this topic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Well.... the HOMEGIRLS POTATO CHIPS go equally well with any dish.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

You just made me remember something, there is a dish called magloobeh (upside down rice casserole) and usually made with chicken or lamb however there are people who make it with fish!

Tell that to my inlaws who eat rice with EVERYTHING!!

Fish and rice are perfect...think sushi!

Well yes in that form, its very good. However many MENA fish dishes are made of a whole fish which is broiled or fried and I dont think rice goes with that.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Timeline

My MIL makes a fish and rice dish that has tomatoes and onions in it. Not sure what it's called though. They usually just pan fry or broil whole fish stuffed with herbs and serve it with white rice on the side. Because fish is so inexpensive there, they eat it 3 or 4 times a week. I had the best fish in my life in Egypt. So fresh and delicious!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I agree with ammar, fish and rice don't go together. :no: When we make fish, we usually make fries, or garlic potato salad (boiled cubed potatoes, garlic, parsley, lemon, EVOO, salt, pepper), some kind of tahini salad, hummos or baba ghanouj, broiled or fried pieces of eggplant, and tons of bread.

my husband always makes that kind of potato salad! its very yummy although i do prefer the standard gloppy mayo kind. ;) that entire meal is right up his alley actually. maybe i'll make all that tomorrow for dinner!

amera- no go with the preserved lemons at whole foods today! grrrrrrr they have 20,000,000 other items there but no lemons! i guess i'll just make my own and wait a month before i can make your chicken. :unsure:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

I agree with ammar, fish and rice don't go together. :no: When we make fish, we usually make fries, or garlic potato salad (boiled cubed potatoes, garlic, parsley, lemon, EVOO, salt, pepper), some kind of tahini salad, hummos or baba ghanouj, broiled or fried pieces of eggplant, and tons of bread.

my husband always makes that kind of potato salad! its very yummy although i do prefer the standard gloppy mayo kind. ;) that entire meal is right up his alley actually. maybe i'll make all that tomorrow for dinner!

Im sure he will pleased. :star:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I agree, I'd tell the Imam that this is something special that the two of you would like to experience alone. I'd be pissed if an Imam wanted to cut into my plans like that.

Morning or afternoon I guess.

I was sick all night and home today. Not fun. Trying to finish up a paper too.

Polarbear - I think you should go to the airport to get him, its' really a special time that you get only once and I wouldn't share it with anyone. Sometimes you need to be selfish!

Have a good day everyone.

Well, had to tell him what was up so he could do the wedding contract (islamic one) and he has decided we should spend ANY alone time until we are married (and yes, that includes in public).... and is willing to be my "guardian" until that time so we will be allowed to see eachother. :angry:

Well, yes I am muslim, and yes we really aren't allowed the alone time, but I REALLY want to just give him a big hug at the airport!! I have convinced my best friend here to take the day off work and go with me to the airport. So we don't need anyone else. She is very willing to let me meet him alone and just meet us at the baggage claim :devil: But after that it will have to be "hands off".

Edited by polarbear

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I really don't want to be at work. Anywhere but here. Ahhhh I can share pictures from my weekend.

DSCI1893.jpg

Lexy eating a KFC meal in my front seat. We had a picnic in the car yesterday while out shopping.

Jackie (F)

Awwwww, Jackie! She is adorable!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I really don't want to be at work. Anywhere but here. Ahhhh I can share pictures from my weekend.

DSCI1893.jpg

Lexy eating a KFC meal in my front seat. We had a picnic in the car yesterday while out shopping.

Jackie (F)

I think sooo toooo omg so cute

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Here's what he doesn't like... boiled veggies, pasta (of any kind), canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, anything with melted cheese in or on it, beans, chili, american bread, mashed potatoes, sweets, turkey, frozen dinners, anything microwaved... I'm sure there are more but these are just the ones off the top of my head......

My son hates everything hubster hates only he also hates 99% of the veggies available

Then there's me.. I'm trying to stay away from carbs-- rice and breads. I can't stand fish or any other kind of sea food, and hate hate hate mushrooms.

We do a lot of chicken and beef (no tongues, brains, gizzards, livers, eyes, etc etc) sometimes lamb

With that being said, do any of u have any quick and easy meals that could accomodate all of this?? I'm totally at a loss here and just sick of eating the same stuff all the time. :help: any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

(F) amal (F)

Wow, your husband doesn't like almost all of the things my husband loves!

Hmm, I'm stumped... does he like soups? Or mexican food? Fajitas, tacos, chimichangas etc? Chicken pot pie? Curries? I'd say chicken parm, cause it's one of my husbands favorites, but melted cheese AND tomato sauce is out so I guess that's a no... :) chicken piccata?

I am too stubborn to cook 2 meals so I always cook stuff he likes.

I am too stubborn as well. But I cook what I like for the most part, and if he doesn't like something, he doesn't have to eat it. Otherwise, he can cook for himself. I find if I do this, he ends up eating things that he might not try otherwise, and he usually finds he likes them.

i think about doing this all the time... and have done it a few times when he's really pissed me off. But then medy works from 10 in the morning to 11pm-1am so then i feel bad if there's not something for him to eat when he gets home or if it's something he doesnt like.

talking about food is making me really hungry.. its almost 2:30 and i still havent gotten something to eat. i am having a FANTASTIC time doing absolutely no work today.. i haven't spent this much time on VJ since i filed :)

ohhh I forgot about those...yeah, he doesn't like tacos or anything u can get at taco bell, no pot pies (no pot anything like that), no chimichangas, no burritos. He likes soups but they can't have any form of noodles in them. He has no qualms about just plain not eating if it is not to his satisfaction and I just hate that. I promised his family that their son would be well taken care of and that includes meals. If it were up to him, he'd just have zaatar, olive oil, and pita bread (if we don't cook). That is fine every once-in-a-while but not all the time. We also don't make enough money to cook more than 1 meal at a time so cooking more than 1 thing is out of the question. I go with what he wants coz my son is on the same page as him anyway so it is 2 against 1 in the food category...arg

I forgot my latest creation - Stuffing Meatloaf.

So get it ready like you do normal meatloaf (there's like a million ways pick your favorite.) Divide the meat in half. Put down the first half. If you have some leftover use it otherwise make a batch of instant stuffing. When it's done add a layer of that on top of the meat. I top ours with Gouda cheese but you don't have to add cheese. I do add other things to the stuffing like dried cranberries and nuts. Up to you. After the stuffing layer, add the rest of the meat and cook until done! Alternately I'd like to try the recipe with a rice pilaf of arborio rice and some other ingredients. But this is really great with the stuffing I think they will like it!!

thanks Amera! I am going to try that!

neither of my boys like meatloaf. i am going to request my mama make a meatloaf when i'm there visiting!!!

Thanks everyone for ur suggestions!!!!! keep'em comming!!!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Charles: you are just FULL of questions today!!

that's nicer than what some say i'm full of :lol:

It's early. I"m being nice. :whistle: Once I've had to deal with a few insurance companies, the gloves might come off!

no way! wiseguy.gif

oh that looks like a good one for yassmne too. (to use, not to be used ON)

More than you know. If any of you work for an insurance company, pray you dont have me call you about a claim :P I got so riled up with one rep today my boss actually had to tell me to let it go. And she's the one who's always pressing us to be agressive and get the claim paid!

WiW, prayers for your pup. I know how hard it is to have a sick furry baby. (F)

No snow or ice here. But lots of 'frog', as my beloved calls it :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

DSCI1893.jpg

Jackie (F)

that is a gift from GOD, she is so cute :innocent:

July 19------------Send the I-129F

July 26------------Recieved

December 7th----NOA2 online

December 14-----NOA2 Hard Copy

December 21-----NVC recieved

December 28-----NVC send to US embassy in Ethiopia

January 8---------US embassy in Ethiopia will recieve

January 11--------Packet 3

February 7 -------Interview

February 7 -------Passed interview

February 12------VISA in hand

February 22------IN the USA

March 1-----------Wedding

March 15----------Sent AOS

July 7 -------------Finger Print

January 27, 2009--Green card approved without interview. It took almost one year though.

Feb 2 -------------Got the green card in the mail

Next: playing the waiting game for the 2 years holding removal

omg_wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.