doodlebugg

Monday. Wish it was Sunday. 'cause that's my funday.

75 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Monday! Only Monday!?! :dead:

Hope everyone iced in gets some warmer weather. I'll try to send some your way ;)

Work is getting crazy, just in time for my SO to get here :lol: I'm trying to pull a full 5 days off in a row by combining my weekends and taking a personal day :dance: but I know there will be hell to pay when I get back...

My fiance decided to come on a Friday night.... so basically I get to install him in my apartment, stay with a friend and have chaperones until monday morning when we can legally get married :wacko: So far as I can tell, I won't even be able to give him a hug at the airport since the Imam wants to come with me to pick him up :crying:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not snowed/iced in here either.... :crying: ... apparently my mothers house is still under ice coz nobody is answering their phones. Of course me and my excessive worrying has them all frozen together due to the propane heater going out... I'm really worried about them... She had some "choice" words to say to me when I told her that it was 80 degrees here. I told her I'd gladly change places with her. I should be leaving for a visit on the 22nd so I hope everything is good to go by then.

Sorry to hear about the puppy. I've had to put a couple animals to sleep in my lifetime and it truely is one of the hardest and saddest things to go through. I hope urs gets better. :luv:

I was too sick to come back to VJ yesterday so I got to finnish Sundays daily thread today. I am too stubborn to cook 2 meals so I always cook stuff he likes. I'm not too picky though so its ok (most of the time) . I do, however, need some suggestions coz we eat the same things alllllllllllllllll the time due to "his highness" being so picky.

Here's what he doesn't like... boiled veggies, pasta (of any kind), canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, anything with melted cheese in or on it, beans, chili, american bread, mashed potatoes, sweets, turkey, frozen dinners, anything microwaved... I'm sure there are more but these are just the ones off the top of my head......

My son hates everything hubster hates only he also hates 99% of the veggies available

Then there's me.. I'm trying to stay away from carbs-- rice and breads. I can't stand fish or any other kind of sea food, and hate hate hate mushrooms.

We do a lot of chicken and beef (no tongues, brains, gizzards, livers, eyes, etc etc) sometimes lamb

With that being said, do any of u have any quick and easy meals that could accomodate all of this?? I'm totally at a loss here and just sick of eating the same stuff all the time. :help: any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok so My dog was left at the vet , she was almost completly paralyzed.... She is being given high dose intreveinous steirods and antibiotics. If this treatment works she may show improvement in a few more hours....I feel so sad today, I just don't know how much more sadness, disappointments and stress I can take. :wacko:

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am too stubborn to cook 2 meals so I always cook stuff he likes.

I am too stubborn as well. But I cook what I like for the most part, and if he doesn't like something, he doesn't have to eat it. Otherwise, he can cook for himself. I find if I do this, he ends up eating things that he might not try otherwise, and he usually finds he likes them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ok so My dog was left at the vet , she was almost completly paralyzed.... She is being given high dose intreveinous steirods and antibiotics. If this treatment works she may show improvement in a few more hours....I feel so sad today, I just don't know how much more sadness, disappointments and stress I can take. :wacko:

:( i'm hoping the puppy gets well soonest :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am too stubborn as well. But I cook what I like for the most part, and if he doesn't like something, he doesn't have to eat it. Otherwise, he can cook for himself. I find if I do this, he ends up eating things that he might not try otherwise, and he usually finds he likes them.

That's what I started trying this week. I made something, he frowned at it, and said he didn't like it (without even tasting it!) He asked what else we had to eat and I told him this wasn't a restaurant. He got pretty upset by my comment but he ended up eating it anyway! I hope he will end up being more open minded with food and we can enjoy things together. *crosses fingers this technique works! *

That being said, Amal, I'l try and think of things for you! That's quite the list there of no-no's! I give you a lot of credit for trying to come up with things to eat under those circumstances! :)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Hi everyone, the weather here isnt so bad. We definitly dont have ice, I think its cold but it probebly nothing compared to the weather some of you are dealing with.

My hunny started his new job today, he was so excited when he left for work this morning. He has been working since he got here but this is his first official job that he got on his own. I feel like doing something special for him ,like getting him cake but then again, I think, isnt that kinda corny?

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

Morning or afternoon I guess.

I was sick all night and home today. Not fun. Trying to finish up a paper too.

Polarbear - I think you should go to the airport to get him, its' really a special time that you get only once and I wouldn't share it with anyone. Sometimes you need to be selfish!

Have a good day everyone.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Here's what he doesn't like... boiled veggies, pasta (of any kind), canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, anything with melted cheese in or on it, beans, chili, american bread, mashed potatoes, sweets, turkey, frozen dinners, anything microwaved... I'm sure there are more but these are just the ones off the top of my head......

My son hates everything hubster hates only he also hates 99% of the veggies available

Then there's me.. I'm trying to stay away from carbs-- rice and breads. I can't stand fish or any other kind of sea food, and hate hate hate mushrooms.

We do a lot of chicken and beef (no tongues, brains, gizzards, livers, eyes, etc etc) sometimes lamb

With that being said, do any of u have any quick and easy meals that could accomodate all of this?? I'm totally at a loss here and just sick of eating the same stuff all the time. :help: any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

(F) amal (F)

Wow, your husband doesn't like almost all of the things my husband loves!

Hmm, I'm stumped... does he like soups? Or mexican food? Fajitas, tacos, chimichangas etc? Chicken pot pie? Curries? I'd say chicken parm, cause it's one of my husbands favorites, but melted cheese AND tomato sauce is out so I guess that's a no... :) chicken piccata?

i think about doing this all the time... and have done it a few times when he's really pissed me off. But then medy works from 10 in the morning to 11pm-1am so then i feel bad if there's not something for him to eat when he gets home or if it's something he doesnt like.

talking about food is making me really hungry.. its almost 2:30 and i still havent gotten something to eat. i am having a FANTASTIC time doing absolutely no work today.. i haven't spent this much time on VJ since i filed :)

Timeline

i think about doing this all the time... and have done it a few times when he's really pissed me off. But then medy works from 10 in the morning to 11pm-1am so then i feel bad if there's not something for him to eat when he gets home or if it's something he doesnt like.

I see what you're saying, but at the same time, you work too, right? And you're the one cooking the dinner!

I guess we're (or maybe it's just me :) ) just a little less "traditional" in that sense. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I also remember being amazed as a kid when I would go over friends' houses and their moms would be making separate dinners according to what everyone felt like having or refused to eat as if it were a restaurant. I grew up with a working mom. If I didn't want it, I didn't have to eat it, but there were no alternatives. I think that's why I'm not so picky as an eater myself.

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I see what you're saying, but at the same time, you work too, right? And you're the one cooking the dinner!

I guess we're (or maybe it's just me :) ) just a little less "traditional" in that sense. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I also remember being amazed as a kid when I would go over friends' houses and their moms would be making separate dinners according to what everyone felt like having or refused to eat as if it were a restaurant. I grew up with a working mom. If I didn't want it, I didn't have to eat it, but there were no alternatives. I think that's why I'm not so picky as an eater myself.

if i didnt like it my mom let me eat cereal!!!! im not doing that. im guilty of making something seperate for my 4 yr old son like veggie burgers or whatever because he likes really simple food and i like spicy stuff etc. my son eats fun stuff like sushi etc but he doesnt eat everything i like so i make him seperate stuff but not cereal! that said, i dont usually cook dinner my husband stuff so no skin off my back to heat up some nuggets!!!

Haha, i grew up with a working mom too and we got whatever was put in front of us. most of the time that was bbq chicken, white rice, and steamed broccoli. i swear we must have had that 3 nights a week at least. if she made it home in time for dinner.

I do work, which is why a lot of the time i get pissed if i cook something and what i get back is "ohhh but i don't like that and i'm too tired to cook...." well, i'm tired too! i was up at 6am! he may work long days, but he gets to sleep til 9 or 930.

we do alternate the cooking a lot, but because i'm home in the evening on the week days and he's not i usually end up doing the cooking. then on the weekends and monday night (since he doesnt work) he'll cook for both of us. and we split the household chores, so i don't really see us as being "traditional". just trying to make it work :)

Filed: Timeline

I agree, I'd tell the Imam that this is something special that the two of you would like to experience alone. I'd be pissed if an Imam wanted to cut into my plans like that.

Morning or afternoon I guess.

I was sick all night and home today. Not fun. Trying to finish up a paper too.

Polarbear - I think you should go to the airport to get him, its' really a special time that you get only once and I wouldn't share it with anyone. Sometimes you need to be selfish!

Have a good day everyone.

My mom was the same way. Four kids, so she wasn't going to cook six dinners! We were able to veto some things if we all didn't like them, but most of the time, we ate what was served.

C. isn't picky, really, but he and I have very different tastes, as in I'll eat pretty much anything, and he's a meat & potatoes guy & heavier food. I don't cook as creatively as I did before we were married, but he's getting better about it. One thing we've found that works well is stir fry, because the vegetables & meats can be added separately. For example, he doesn't like snow peas, but if we make a stir fry with them in, he can just pick them out. And if I am having a craving for shrimp and he likes beef, we can each have what we like with minimal effort. And to his credit, a lot of his 'dislikes' he's willing to try, and now he'll eat my chili.

Another thing we do, just to make sure we eat lots of vegetables is to have fresh cut veggies as a family-style side dish at dinner.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.