vcamm

OMG! Time is running out and we haven't yet applied for the adjustment of status

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

It will be two years in January since my husband received his temporary green card. We've had, let's just say, a less than stellar 2007 and I just remembered that I hadn't filled out the paperwork to apply for the adjustment of status which would be due in January 2008.

Can I get some sort of extension while this paperwork is in process or are we basically screwed? How long would it take for the paperwork to be processed?? I would truly appreciate any suggestions...

:help:

Edited by vcamm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Just send in the paperwork ASAP. You can send in the removal of conditions no earlier than 90 days before the 2 yr card expires. You MUST submitt it before the expiration date on his green card.

If you can't get everything together in time (supporting evidence, tax forms etc.), send in the application but expect an RFE. Be sure to include all of the vital forms. You don't want them to reject the application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Just send in the paperwork ASAP. You can send in the removal of conditions no earlier than 90 days before the 2 yr card expires. You MUST submitt it before the expiration date on his green card.

If you can't get everything together in time (supporting evidence, tax forms etc.), send in the application but expect an RFE. Be sure to include all of the vital forms. You don't want them to reject the application.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you for replying..I can't believe I overlooked this :crying: oh well...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved thread to proper forum. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
It will be two years in January since my husband received his temporary green card. We've had, let's just say, a less than stellar 2007 and I just remembered that I hadn't filled out the paperwork to apply for the adjustment of status which would be due in January 2008.

Can I get some sort of extension while this paperwork is in process or are we basically screwed? How long would it take for the paperwork to be processed?? I would truly appreciate any suggestions...

If his card expires in January, that's your deadline for having the paperwork SUBMITTED... Mine expires Jan 11th and I'm going to send my package in today just to make sure there's a few weeks leeway in case we screwed anything important up. It'll take them months to actually process it but that's their problem, not yours.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

The NOA that you will get after you've sent in your I-751 is also an extension letter. It extends the validity of your green card by 1 year.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

we sent our package aprox. 1 month before the expiration date, and we were fine.

take a deep breath and don't panic, just gather all your evidence and send it in asap. you'll be fine! :)

met online: August, 2002 - yahoo music chat room

met in real life: July, 2004 - Venice, Italy

K1

filed @NSC - Sept. 2004 / approved - Jan. 2005

married: April 2005

AOS

May 2005 - applied for AOS - Chicago

transferred to CSC - approved without interview: October, 2005

REMOVAL of Conditional Status

received on 09/10/2007 @ NSC- transferred to CSC again

check cleared: 09/29/2007

NOA1 in the mail: 10/02/2007 (notice date: 09/10/2007)

biometrics: 11/01/2007

10 year card production ordered: 12/03/2007

approval notice sent: 12/07/2007

10 year card received in the mail: 12/10/2007

Application for NATURALIZATION

sent off to NSC: 07/17/2008

07/19 - delivered at NSC - at 2 AM

07/24 - check cleared

07/28 - received NOA1 (dated 07/21) - expected wait time until interview - 240 days

08/14 - biometrics appointment

10/20 - naturalization interview appointment! - APPROVED!

11/12 - oath ceremony - CHECK!

and we are done with USCIS! yaooohoooo!!!! :)

Filed: Timeline

Join the club!

My wife's expires in january as well.

sending app tomorrow.

*******TIME LINE********

12/10/2007 - Application Sent

12/20/2007 - NOA received from California

12/19/2007 - Check Cleared

12/xx/2007 - Finger print letter received for early january

1/2/2007 - Letter sent to Change date request since person is not available for given date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.