Em&Ed

Just another question

7 posts in this topic

We're in the final stage of the whole K1 process, my fiancee is currently waiting for an interview date. I was just wondering about something that someone else brought to my attention. We never made copies of our K1 petition. To be honest we, or let's say I never thought of it (I know, not very smart). Now, someone said to me they might ask my fiancee for copies of our petition at her interview? Why, if at all, would they do that if they have the originals right there? I told my fiancee not to be worried about this because I can't possibly imagine me not having made copies would lead to a visa denial, so can anyone tell me if I am right or that my fiancee is indeed right to be stressed out about this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Some consulates may ask for copies, although they should have the petition with them. This is more of a precaution, in case they ask for something you already submitted, you have the petition right there to show them it was submitted early in the process.

What she should do now is take all originals of what you sent with the application.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Maybe this is a bit of a stupid question, but originals of what exactly. My fiancee is on here more than I am, but she is currently on holiday and probably knows exactly what you're talking about, but I would just like to know for myself so I can get the stuff to her in the mail this week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, letters, e-mails, pictures, tickets and boarding passes, receipts, etc that you supplied as proof, as well as copies of your birth certificate and passport and anything else that´s not supposed to go around through snail mail. Basically, get the stuff you sent with the I-129F again, except for the forms themselves (I-129F, G-325A).

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I made a copy of myself and Claudeth and then send her to original documents for the interview.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

To the OP. I can see your confusion. It's very, very, unlikely you will need to produce a copy of your petition at the Consulate interview.

You will need copies or originals of emails, photos, and any other relationship evidence.

You will need originals of any document such as Divorce Decrees, Death Certificates, beneficiary Birth Certificate or any other document that you used as evidence to demonstrate eligibility to marry.

It is extremely unlikely/ not required to produce original of USC Birth Certificate/Passport/USCIS/GS form submitted with your petition, unless extraordinary circumstances exist.

The Consulate already has them.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.