Ahmed N Cheryl

Packet 3

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:help::help::help: I am so nervous about Packet 3. Any tips out there? :D I have finished my Affadavit of Support, I have the letter from my work and my boss, I have my pay check stubs, and a letter from my bank. I also included last years tax return. I took Ahmed all the original documents in October when I went so he has the original of my divorce decree, my birth certificate (we also got his translated while I was there), he has the original photos of us when we together, his copy of the I-129F packet, he has the new letters of Intent to marry. I am Fed Exing him the photos fro our October trip, the travel documents, all the stubs from the palces we went together, he has letters and msn logs anbd skype logs to prove ongoing realationship. Is there anything I am missing or leaving out that will help?

:unsure: Cheryl :unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:help::help::help: I am so nervous about Packet 3. Any tips out there? :D I have finished my Affadavit of Support, I have the letter from my work and my boss, I have my pay check stubs, and a letter from my bank. I also included last years tax return. I took Ahmed all the original documents in October when I went so he has the original of my divorce decree, my birth certificate (we also got his translated while I was there), he has the original photos of us when we together, his copy of the I-129F packet, he has the new letters of Intent to marry. I am Fed Exing him the photos fro our October trip, the travel documents, all the stubs from the palces we went together, he has letters and msn logs anbd skype logs to prove ongoing realationship. Is there anything I am missing or leaving out that will help?

Cheryl,

This sounds about all that I have also. I am always nervous that I will forget something and with going to EG in a few weeks I want to make sure everything is ready for him when they call him for the interview and him not have to wait on anything to be mailed at the last minute. If I find out any new information I will let you know. One of the girls on here is sending me the packet 3 information when I get it I will share it with you so you can just double check. Best Wishes!

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would say you got it under control. Best of Luck to you. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cheryl,

This sounds about all that I have also. I am always nervous that I will forget something and with going to EG in a few weeks I want to make sure everything is ready for him when they call him for the interview and him not have to wait on anything to be mailed at the last minute. If I find out any new information I will let you know. One of the girls on here is sending me the packet 3 information when I get it I will share it with you so you can just double check. Best Wishes!

Tasha

Packet 3 Info:

ear Sir,

The validity of the petition is automatically extended once the process starts. We noted your request to extend the validity. Meanwhile, your fiancé may start preparing the following:

1. Photocopy of passport (the original to be submitted on the appointment date)

2. Photocopy of birth certificate

3. Police certificate from every country where the applicant lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16 (not all are obtainable or required; call us at 02-797-2201 for further information)

4. Photocopy of military certificate (for men between 18 and 50 years of age)

5. An Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) signed by the Petitioner and notarized before either a notary public in the U.S. or a consular officer at the embassy (this can be done on the day of your appointment).

6. Petitioner’s most recent year of federal income taxes (form 1040 only). Please also bring the most recent W2 form and a job letter indicating current salary and length of employment

7. Medical exam for applicant list attached

8. Applications:

a. Two completed DS-156 visa application forms; you fill it online and print it through the link: https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

b. Form DS-156K; you may also print it through the link http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf

c. Form DS-157, you may print it through the link: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79964.pdf

9. 2 photos face view photos with a white background for the applicant

10. A receipt of payment for the visa application ($100) from the Commercial International Bank (CIB) in Egypt.

Medical Info for Egypt:

MEDICAL EXAMINATION INSTRUCTIONS

All immigrant visa/refugee applicants must undergo a medical examination prior to receiving a visa. All applicants over the age of fifteen must undergo a blood test for HIV. Applicants over the age of 15 require a blood test for venereal disease and a chest X-ray. Other tests may be required in certain cases. The examination process should be started at least one week before the interview date, as it can take some time to obtain test results. Physicians will refer applicants to a syphilis and HIV testing laboratory.

Please contact one of the following physicians for an appointment.

Doctor’s Name Address Tel. Working Days & Hours

Dr. Magda Ramzi Habib

Anglo-American Hospital

El Borg St.,

Gezera, Cairo

735-6608

012-4463734

Saturday through Thursday

12:00 – 3:00 PM

Dr. Amr Maher 97 Abdel Salam Aref St. Gleem, Alexandria 582-2323 Saturday through Wednesday

6:00 – 8:00 PM

Dr. Hesham El Boraolosy

Dr. Eman Roshdy

Al Sherouk Hospital

5, Bahr El Gazal Street

Ahmed Orabi, Cairo, Egypt

Saturday through Thursday

5:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Fees:

The physical exam costs L.E. 80. The fee for applicants under 15 years of age will not be more than L.E. 70.

The blood test for venereal disease is L.E. 40.

The HIV test is approximately L.E. 75.

The Chest X-ray is L.E. 65.

All fees are the responsibility of the applicant.

TO THE PANEL PHYSICIANS AND LABORATORIES:

All reports and test results should be given to the applicant in a sealed envelope to present to the Consular Section. Applicants’ identities should be verified before examination and testing, and the passport number noted on all reports.

TO THE APPLICANT:

At the appointment with the panel physician, each applicant should present the following to the panel physician:

1) His/her passport 2) 3 photos that will be attached to the report.

3) Copies of any prior medical records 4) Any prior chest X-rays

5) Immunization records. If you do not have any proof of any record of immunization, vaccines will be given to you during the medical examination and the fee for the vaccines will be at the cost of the applicant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.