Shadowfaxx

Biographic Info Question and other questions???

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I am soooo happy I've just found this site. I happened upon it quite by accident and I am sure it will be of great help through this confusing and often difficult process...

My first question is about the Biogrphic Information. I understand I must send it both for he and I, ( four copies each). My question is, can he somehow send an electronic copy or do I need to somehow have an original signature.

Also, I simply cannot find an answer to the simplest of questions, even after searching using lots of keywords. First of all, I am fairly sure the fee for a K1 fiance visa is $455, and I would love some confirmation of that. Second, I believe my service center is California, as I live in Oregon. I've spent the last hour+ looking for that very basic info and unable to find it-- Although I've found out a LOT of esoteric info that does not apply to me. :blush:

I also cannot seem to find out for the life of me, and have seen conflicting accounts as to whether COPIES of documents are best to send or whether to send originals? In the case of my passport, I actually saw somewhere that you should send in your passport? I plan on visiting him next month, but want to apply asap, so I need it! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh!

Thanks for any help from anyone! :crying:

It just kills me that we have waited for more than 2 years for one very small piece of paper, about 3" x 4" to go into his passport.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To my understanding an electronic copy would not work. If it's electronic then his original signature would not be on the Biographic Information forms.

As for the fee amount and where to send your application visit: www.uscis.gov.

Lastly, I did not send any original documents. I made copies of everything, provided a cover sheet detailing all the information I included, then labeled each and every page in my packet.

Hope this helps!

Boaz

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Any signature must be an original on the submitted forms. Copies can only be for supporting evidence. I made two sets of signed originals, sent in one and kept the other. You do not have to send your passport.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well yes they do want originals but for me i sent all xerox coppies of g-325 and had no problems not saying you should do that but i still have the original copy my wife signed and i was approved from uscis now with the nvc i have all originals got lucky once dont want to push it

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Welcome and yes you are correct.. the place to send K-1 application for those in Oregon is indeed Calif

USCIS where to send

You are filing a K-1 petition for your fiancé(e) and you live in:

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

USCIS

California Service Center

P.O. Box 10130

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0130

For private couriers (non-USPS) deliveries:

USCIS

California Service Center

24000 Avila Road

2nd Floor, Room 2312

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

As far as sending originals.. send copies... do not send your passport.. send copies of each page. and send a copy of your birth certificate.

If you have not located the link to guides above.. K-1 Guides

Dont forget all the tools that are available there.. best of luck with your journey...

EDIT: All documents that are by way of forms.. should be originals... court papers such as divorce documents should be certified. Just remember.. if it needs signature.. think ORIGINAL... and NO WHITEOUT... :thumbs:

Edited by JanaknJanet

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

In regards to the G-325A biographic forms. It should have his original signature.

However, it was taking a risk for an RFE but I did something different. I mailed everything to my then fiance and over a month later he still didn't have the forms. We were ready to get things started so.... I faxed him the forms, he signed them, then sent them back to me as an e-mail attachment. When I included them in the K1 application I put a sticky note explaining what we had done (and that he could provide the originals at the interview) with a copy of a my fax cover sheet, reciept from office max, fax completed report, and both the e-mail when he sent the forms to me, and my response saying that I got them. The reason I took a chance doing this was (1) because USCIS will accept copies of forms. I reasoned that a fax is just a copy printed on different printer and (2) if we did get an RFE it would be very easy to fix.

We didn't recieve any RFE's our case processed pretty smoothly, no RFEs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

It's $455 for the Petitition I-129, which is what the American does for the fiance, yeh. I think (hopefully) that's it on the American end for awhile. But when the immigrant gets instructions I think all the DS forms he/she has to fill out might cost more. I know the medical and biometric cost money, and then there's other expenses like having to get birth certificates or notarized copies of things, stuff like that. To be honest I haven't even tried delving into all that stuff yet too much because just the initial process is overwhelming :(

What I'm doing is just trying to overestimate what everything will cost and bracing for the worst. It'll suck too when your fiance first arrives because he/she can't work until you're married or until you get an REA, and then later with the readjustment of status it's another $1000 for that. But look at it this way, just a plane ticket to see your loved one is probably more than a grand so it's not that bad! Just try to save so you can dish out whatever's needed, I think.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

The fee to file the fiance petition is one price (I guess its $455, we did it before the increase). Additional expenses are the medical exam, police report(s) (# depends on the places your fiancee has lived), birth certificates (if others need to be issued), the visa fee (the visa itself costs money and will have to be paid the day of the interview). There are also transportation, hotel, etc. if your fiance is coming for a place far away from the US Embassy.

Its not 100%, but the only place fiancees are currently being issued temporary 90 day work permits is JFK airport. I may be worth it to have a little extra income, even if it is for a limited time.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello everyone!

I am soooo happy I've just found this site. I happened upon it quite by accident and I am sure it will be of great help through this confusing and often difficult process...

My first question is about the Biogrphic Information. I understand I must send it both for he and I, ( four copies each). My question is, can he somehow send an electronic copy or do I need to somehow have an original signature.

In the case of my passport, I actually saw somewhere that you should send in your passport? I plan on visiting him next month, but want to apply asap, so I need it! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh!

Thanks for any help from anyone! :crying:

You send in one G325a each for petitioner and beneficiary but you do not send four copies. The form is a four page form. The pages are slightly different. Best practice is to have original signatures but there is a policy indicates otherwise properly filed petitions are not to be rejected because of missing signatures on G 325a.

As for your passport, you can copy each page and send it to prove US Citizenship if you don't have a birth certificate available. Otherwise a birth certificate will do at petition filing.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Wow, this site and all of you guys are incredible! Such nice responses and in only about 1 hours time, I am amazed!

Thank you all, and I have read more FAQs and so forth so now I know more. Truth is, I read a LOT of stuff online starting months ago, so some of what I had learned was fuzzy in my memory.

He (and I) have had quite a time getting everything ready. After the Khmer Rouge, and he was a baby, his mother put in their family records that he was about 4 years younger than he actually is in order to continue his schooling, (which he had been cheated out of due to war, etc...) Anyway, we just spent months getting all of that resolved so that I can finally send in the I-129 or whatever its called.

I'm bummed about having to send in an original sig. from him for the Bio. It might take weeks to reach me from Cambodia and cost probably at least $20 I guess...

This is all so frustrating, and I laughed when I see the Governments' specualtion that it takes about an hour to deal with this form. Ha! It's taken months and I haven't even applied yet! :crying::angry::(

It just kills me that we have waited for more than 2 years for one very small piece of paper, about 3" x 4" to go into his passport.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I laughed when I see the Governments' specualtion that it takes about an hour to deal with this form. Ha! It's taken months and I haven't even applied yet! :crying::angry::(

We feel your pain!

Best of luck to you!

K-1 & I-601 Waiver Timeline 4/7/06 to 9/12/07

4/7/06: I-129 K-1 Application mailed

4/20/06: NOA Receipt

6/23/06: Req for Evidence

8/31/06: NOA

9/28/06: NOA- NVC rcvd I-129

10/12 & 11/9: Rcvd CDJ Ltr- processing Visa

12/6/06: CDJ Interview - Denied - I-601 Waiver Required

12/18/06: I-601 filed

8/6/07: Waiver Approval

8/22/07: Waiver Approval letter received

9/4/07: Open Appointment Letter Rcvd (postmarked 8/31/07 from Texas)

9/9/07: Arrive in CDJ for Open Appt

9/10/07: Open Appointment

9/12/07: RECEIVED K-1 VISA!

AOS - 10/8/07 to 11/21/07

9/14/07: Entered the United States

9/21/07: Happliy Married!

10/6/07: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox!

10/8/07: Return Receipt stamped received by USCIS

10/19/07: NOA Receipt for AOS & EAD received

10/24/07: Case Online at USCIS.gov

10/25/07: Touched

11/3/07: Biometrics Appointment

11/5/07: Touched

11/14/07: Appointment Letter received

11/16/07: EAD Production ordered.

11/21/07: AOS Interview - Approved - Hubby is Legal Permanent Resident (Conditional)

11/23/07: Registered Customer's new permanent resident status (Online Case Status)

11/25/07: Touched - Production of EAD ordered (Online Case Status)

11/26/07: On November 26, 2007, we ordered production of your new card (Green Card).

11/28/07: Received EAD Card!

11/30/07: Received Welcome to the U.S. Letter

12/1/07: Received GREEN CARD!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.