wintime

Going to the embassy interview with my wife, is it possible?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:help:

At the time of interview is it ok for me to be with my wife when she goes to the interview? and support her with the answer to the questions? have anyone done that?

of course thats one of best thing u can do , so the consul will really see the relationship is genuine coz u fly from another country just to support her . Go for it GOODLUCK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

my then fiance was with me at the interview , it was a smooth ride the officer askd him in a joking way

" so you still wanna marry her ? "

I was so glad he was able to be with me , so yeah go be with your love it will help to keep her sane , good luck

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
There is no way I will not be with her for the interview.

They may not allow you in, depends on the embassy but I also think it's best to be there. I plan on going whenever we get an interview scheduled. I'll be taking the baby to it too :yes:

Filed: Other Timeline

I am going to do my best to be there for his interview, was planning on being in KTM during the month of June but seeing as I am filing later than I had originally planned will see, wait to buy my ticket until I see some progress. When I went to the KTM embassy to do the Letter of No Contest they allowed both of us to be together at the window - am hoping for his interview it will be the same but it will be a challenge for me to keep my mouth shut, lol. :lol:

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Some embassies wont allow it. Best to check first.

My wife is in China, and they will not allow me to attend with her.

I really think it is wrong, especially for husband and wife, to not allow their partner to attend.

Reminds me of the cia files they just destroyed. It is as if they don't want any evidence of what they do or say during the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I am going to do my best to be there for his interview, was planning on being in KTM during the month of June but seeing as I am filing later than I had originally planned will see, wait to buy my ticket until I see some progress. When I went to the KTM embassy to do the Letter of No Contest they allowed both of us to be together at the window - am hoping for his interview it will be the same but it will be a challenge for me to keep my mouth shut, lol. :lol:

What is a letter of no contest?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think the USCIS rule is no spouse at interview. You can accompany her to the embassy of course, but not into the interview area.

This is different than for the fiancee visa interview where the petitioner is welcome.

Filed: Other Timeline

This is an affidavit which certifies that the USC is free to marry - I believe most if not all foreign governments require it in order for a USC to legally marry in another country. When I went to the Embassy I was totally unprepared - my FIL was handling all of the court marriage paperwork and one day he said I need to to go to the Embassy so we went, there was actually a brief interview where the CO asked me how we met, how long was I staying in Nepal, did we have any kids, etc. She asked me his birthdate and I flubbed a little because I had to think of the year - D'oh!!!

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

:help:

At the time of interview is it ok for me to be with my wife when she goes to the interview? and support her with the answer to the questions? have anyone done that?

I am planning to do the same. If they don't allow me to enter, I will be at the gate to hug her when she will return from the interview with a big smile

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think the USCIS rule is no spouse at interview. You can accompany her to the embassy of course, but not into the interview area.

This is different than for the fiancee visa interview where the petitioner is welcome.

It depends on the embassy. Some embassies, like Kingston, encourage the spouse to attend the interview; they are very happy to see that the spouse took the time to travel for it. I was there with my husband and I was interviewed in the process.

If I were you, I would go in the regional forums and ask the question of those who are going through your wife's country to see if it is acceptable. :thumbs:

I wish you all the best on the rest of your journey!

Edited by JA Tam

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Thank you so much for all the reply, truly I appreciate it :thumbs:

I will try with all my ability to go to the interview, but I hope they will let me go with her at the window or room of interview, even if they don’t allow me to help on the answer but at least I would know what went (The God forbid) wrong, then help on that.

Thank you again and let’s see if any of the married couples did went with their spouses to the interview

[...Life without my WIFE... Like fifty without FIVE...=0]

USCIS is not involved in the decision. It is up to the consular post to decide if they permit this or not.

I certainly wouldn't say most. I think this is the exception instead of the norm.

This is an affidavit which certifies that the USC is free to marry - I believe most if not all foreign governments require it in order for a USC to legally marry in another country. When I went to the Embassy I was totally unprepared - my FIL was handling all of the court marriage paperwork and one day he said I need to to go to the Embassy so we went, there was actually a brief interview where the CO asked me how we met, how long was I staying in Nepal, did we have any kids, etc. She asked me his birthdate and I flubbed a little because I had to think of the year - D'oh!!!

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.