ose_n_me

Today is our anniversary..God help us get thru this

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Today is our first anniversary. It has been 216 days since we have held each other...... :crying: We don't kno how we are making it thru each day. His internet connection has been down for 4 days now. We have talked on the phone, but only briefly. I have always been a very strong and independent woman...but this is breaking me down like nothing i have been thru in my life! My intelligent, strong, confident, proud husband has been reduced to tears on a daily basis. We cry every day together. Family and friends try to console us..tell us it will be over soon...to have patience and pray..but it does not take the pain away. Getting thru each day is becoming a challenge. I worry about him there, with all the violence and threats of strikes and fuel shortages. I can't get into the holiday spirit no matter how hard i try. Every minute i am thinking about him. i can't concentrate or focus on anything anymore. You see...i lived there with him for 3 months, my 12yr old son and I. We rented a flat, my son attended school, and we made a life together. Then i had to come back. Now i am lost without him. And he isn't doing well either. It's hard to go from loving and living every day together, to nothing!

Just needed to get all this out!

PITY PARTY ANYONE!!!!!

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I know how you feel, my anniversary is December 29th. The only thing that I am led to tell you is to not give up AND DON'T LOSE FOCUS ON GOD, GOD IS A WAY MAKER. THE TIME MAY SEEM LONG TO US BUT TO GOD IT IS A LIGHT AFFLICTION. IN THE PERFECT TIME ALL THAT YOU HAVE PRAYED FOR , ALL THAT YOU HAVE FASTED FOR, ALL THAT YOU HAVE CRIED FOR WILL ALL BE A DISTANT MEMORY. DON'T LET THE DEVIL KNOW HE GOT BACKED IN A CORNER. WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WANNA CRY, CRY BUT CRY OUT TO GOD AND BEGIN TO PRAISE AND MAGNIFY HIS NAME AND WATCH HOW QUICK YOUR SITUATION CHANGES. SO MANY TIMES I WANT TO CRY BUT I START GIVING GOD THE PRAISE AND SOMETHING STIRS UP IN THE INSIDE AND ALL I CAN DO IS SHOUT AND DANCE BECAUSE I KNOW I HAVE THE VICTORY. WHEN YOU ARE TEAMED UP WITH GOD FIGHTING AGAINST THE DEVIL, IT'S REALLY A FIXED FIGHT. YOU ALREADY KNOW WHO IS GOING TO WIN, "GOD". SO BE ENCOURAGED AND KNOW WHO YOU ARE TEAMED UP WITH. THE PRINCE OF PEACE, THE LILLY IN THE VALLEY, THE STRONG TOWER, OUR REDEEMER. HE HAS NEVER LOST A BATTLE. GOD CAN AND WILL GIVE YOU THE PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING.WE WILL KEEP UP UPLIFTED IN PRAYER AND THATS A PROMISE

Edited by I'm Mrs. Akindel

CASE COMPLETE (THANK YOU JESUS) December 13, 2007

.....Dont you know that Gods Favor is more precious than Life....

I never would've Made it without You Jesus.....He allows some things to Run there coarse, but have no fear God is in Control......He has the VERY LAST say So and he will perform his word.

Timeline
I know how you feel, my anniversary is December 29th. The only thing that I am led to tell you is to not give up AND DON'T LOSE FOCUS ON GOD, GOD IS A WAY MAKER. THE TIME MAY SEEM LONG TO US BUT TO GOD IT IS A LIGHT AFFLICTION. IN THE PERFECT TIME ALL THAT YOU HAVE PRAYED FOR , ALL THAT YOU HAVE FASTED FOR, ALL THAT YOU HAVE CRIED FOR WILL ALL BE A DISTANT MEMORY. DON'T LET THE DEVIL KNOW HE GOT BACKED IN A CORNER. WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WANNA CRY, CRY BUT CRY OUT TO GOD AND BEGIN TO PRAISE AND MAGNIFY HIS NAME AND WATCH HOW QUICK YOUR SITUATION CHANGES. SO MANY TIMES I WANT TO CRY BUT I START GIVING GOD THE PRAISE AND SOMETHING STIRS UP IN THE INSIDE AND ALL I CAN DO IS SHOUT AND DANCE BECAUSE I KNOW I HAVE THE VICTORY. WHEN YOU ARE TEAMED UP WITH GOD FIGHTING AGAINST THE DEVIL, IT'S REALLY A FIXED FIGHT. YOU ALREADY KNOW WHO IS GOING TO WIN, "GOD". SO BE ENCOURAGED AND KNOW WHO YOU ARE TEAMED UP WITH. THE PRINCE OF PEACE, THE LILLY IN THE VALLEY, THE STRONG TOWER, OUR REDEEMER. HE HAS NEVER LOST A BATTLE. GOD CAN AND WILL GIVE YOU THE PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING.WE WILL KEEP UP UPLIFTED IN PRAYER AND THATS A PROMISE

I feel the same way. We were close to finally being together, we were a month away from our processing time (six months) on the I-129F and it was snatched away due to an early I-130 approval. They forced us to go for the CR1 after I let it sit idle at the NVC for four months. We felt like that carrot they dangle in front of us was snatched away once again. Since we had hoped on a January interview, I'm going to visit him in January anyway. It gives us something to look forward to. I think the trick for us is to keep our minds busy focusing on something in the future we can actually look forward to rather than some possible date for an interview that may come at some time in the future. I need something more substantial than that. The waiting kills.

Let me tell you.. two weeks ago I was a basket case. I was angry with God, furious at the USCIS, fed up with America in general. I convinced myself that all the peace of mind God brought through my previous prayers were just God's way of pacifying me while He stuck it to me. I see now that I was being very childish and failed the test of faith. I don't pray for another test but I pray for the strength not to lose site of His goodness again. Mrs. Akindel is right.. although I never had quite that much fire :)

It really is going to come to an end someday. Your sacrifices will be rewarded. Do you think it's possible for you to go visit him for a while?

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hang in there. This will be our third Christmas apart.

Take courage and comfort knowing that you will get through this.

Force yourself to do some volunteering, join a gym, take up a hobby or whatever you like. Live each day to the fullest, although you feel

like you can't.

We all go through phases, sometimes we feel as we can't go on another day and other days will be better. Before you know it he will be here.

Timeline

Yes ours past in Nov. So, I hadnt seen him due to this bad year but my friend had a dinner for me with our closest friends and we looked at pictures of our trip. My husband and I exchanged gifts through mail and Im anticipating what his face will look like when he sees what I sent. Its a surprise :) Hang in there. Everything will be ok.

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

Timeline

You were very fortunate to have such quality time with your husband. I considered the same thing, since I was inbetween jobs, but I do not think I could handle the heat of the summer. I didn't want my sonto miss out on his wonderful Maine summers.

Unfortunetly, the quanity of quaility does make it more difficult to cope during the visa journey. You are in the right spot here with people who know your pains, fears, hopes, and dreams. God will bless you in your journey just at the right time. Thank GOD for the blessing of the additional love you have in your family.

Missy

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We all hear you and feel your pain. It's hard to spend each day apart. I am trying my best to stay positive and some days are harder than others. I do keep myself busy, but he is in my heart, a part of me....and so I could just be driving on the highway and something he said enters my mind and makes me laugh. Then I feel a bit sad that I can't just pick up my cell and call right then and there, I have to consider how much credit I have and what time is it there. I'll be joyous when he is finally here and we are together and reunited as a family.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hang on in there honey, this too shall pass. I am blessed to finally have my hubby here and last night I was telling him that after 4 years, we are finally able to spend our anniversary together. In our prayers last night, I was just praising God that a few months ago I was crying myself to sleep because I missed him so much and wanted him here, but finally, I can roll over and he is by my side.

Be encouraged hon, that it will not be like this forever. God will take you through, just trust Him. (((HUGS)))

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Be strong, my heart goes out to all of you. I remember when hours felt like days and days like weeks...and so on. I would always have to remind myself that I had to be strong and that everything I was going thru would be all worth it in the end...and trust me, it is :)

I love all the advice that has been given..it is a true blessing when we can be there and comfort those that are having those rough days. God Bless all of you !!

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Timeline

Thank all of u sooooo much for your words of encouragement. I knew when i found this site that this would be a place i could come for comfort and prayers. Sometimes i feel that no one around me has any idea what we are going thru, but here everyone does! I still feel overwhelmed at the pain i am feeling right now, but at least i kno thru all of u that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! If anyone has yahoo messenger and ever feels like talking, please IM me. God Bless all of u...and Happy Holidays!

(L) Crystal

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Today is our first anniversary. It has been 216 days since we have held each other...... :crying: We don't kno how we are making it thru each day. His internet connection has been down for 4 days now. We have talked on the phone, but only briefly. I have always been a very strong and independent woman...but this is breaking me down like nothing i have been thru in my life! My intelligent, strong, confident, proud husband has been reduced to tears on a daily basis. We cry every day together. Family and friends try to console us..tell us it will be over soon...to have patience and pray..but it does not take the pain away. Getting thru each day is becoming a challenge. I worry about him there, with all the violence and threats of strikes and fuel shortages. I can't get into the holiday spirit no matter how hard i try. Every minute i am thinking about him. i can't concentrate or focus on anything anymore. You see...i lived there with him for 3 months, my 12yr old son and I. We rented a flat, my son attended school, and we made a life together. Then i had to come back. Now i am lost without him. And he isn't doing well either. It's hard to go from loving and living every day together, to nothing!

Just needed to get all this out!

PITY PARTY ANYONE!!!!!

YIKES... I feel your pain right now. I don't think any words can replace that empty feeling, but just know that the VJ family is one of the few places where your pain can be received. Hugs hugs

Chispas

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

I feel the same way. We were close to finally being together, we were a month away from our processing time (six months) on the I-129F and it was snatched away due to an early I-130 approval. They forced us to go for the CR1 after I let it sit idle at the NVC for four months. We felt like that carrot they dangle in front of us was snatched away once again. Since we had hoped on a January interview, I'm going to visit him in January anyway. It gives us something to look forward to. I think the trick for us is to keep our minds busy focusing on something in the future we can actually look forward to rather than some possible date for an interview that may come at some time in the future. I need something more substantial than that. The waiting kills.

Let me tell you.. two weeks ago I was a basket case. I was angry with God, furious at the USCIS, fed up with America in general. I convinced myself that all the peace of mind God brought through my previous prayers were just God's way of pacifying me while He stuck it to me. I see now that I was being very childish and failed the test of faith. I don't pray for another test but I pray for the strength not to lose site of His goodness again. Mrs. Akindel is right.. although I never had quite that much fire :)

It really is going to come to an end someday. Your sacrifices will be rewarded. Do you think it's possible for you to go visit him for a while?

When do you go and do you need anything?

Chispas

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

This feeling is all too familiar to a lot of us, but like others have said, this too shall pass.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.