AandLKC

Another Teleconfrence with CIS Ombudsman in December 14th

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not sure how motivated USCIS will be to help us after we've told them how much (some of us) think they suck.

I think that it's a good idea to take advantage of this opportunity on December 14th and share our collective VJ wisdom. I propose starting a new thread that only has constructive ideas for USCIS to improve their services. As my mom said "you can attract more bees with honey than vinegar".

For example, it would be very helpful if they had some links to free services to help with immigration law in their "Education and Resources" section. It'd also be nice to have more communication from USCIS-it seems like folks get more frustrated when we don't hear anything from them (i.e. no NOA1). Perhaps if they could attach an email address to the barcode on our file so we'd get automated email notices when they 'touch' our file.

...and any other ideas/suggestions that are constructive and would help future filers makes alot of sense to present to the USCIS on the 14th.

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I'm not sure how motivated USCIS will be to help us after we've told them how much (some of us) think they suck.

I think that it's a good idea to take advantage of this opportunity on December 14th and share our collective VJ wisdom. I propose starting a new thread that only has constructive ideas for USCIS to improve their services. As my mom said "you can attract more bees with honey than vinegar".

For example, it would be very helpful if they had some links to free services to help with immigration law in their "Education and Resources" section. It'd also be nice to have more communication from USCIS-it seems like folks get more frustrated when we don't hear anything from them (i.e. no NOA1). Perhaps if they could attach an email address to the barcode on our file so we'd get automated email notices when they 'touch' our file.

...and any other ideas/suggestions that are constructive and would help future filers makes alot of sense to present to the USCIS on the 14th.

One thing that USCIS needs to change is the lack of consistency across the board. Some service centers or small groups within service centers enforce some policies, others believe there are other policies. They need to be trained and updated when things change. They also need to inform the public of the new changes more effectively. If they do not hold to current policy, they should be penalized (in some way).

Also, training the operators who answer that 800 number to actually KNOW what they are talking about and giving them some tips on effectively dealing with sad/frustrated/angry/anxious etc. callers might prove helpful. It is extremely upsetting when you are already distressed and get treated like ####### when you call there. Giving them a little access to our cases, i.e. latest updates in detail, would probably be more helpful than reading back to us the same website page we already have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.