Lucifer

I-751 MESS UP... BE CAREFUL!

35 posts in this topic

Congratulations!

Finally they have approved you after second RFE. Seems that RFE is new standard now or they are just buying some time like Kathryn41 suggested. (or random computer selection). We have sent about 150 pages; but looks like might get RFE too. Would you share what you have included in the package? Thanks.

:star: :star: :star: Finally Approved! Hip Hip Hurra! :star: :star: :star:

Today, July 21st is one of those days in my life that are included in my "LUCKY LIST".

Good luck everybody.

I will send in N-400 This week.

Regards

Lucifer

Karina and Tomy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have some news. I had an interview yesterday for N400 ( applied on April,14th) and I-751. Both petions were adjudicated together. I had my husband with me but he was not allowed to go in. I passed the tests of English and US government and history but the officer did not make the final decision. She said that she does not see any problem with my i-751 since I had provided enouph evidence but she is going to go over it again and will send me a notice with the final decision. In case if they approve i-751 I will get a notice to report for the Oath Ceremony. She did not tell how long does it take. So I am waiting again... :( . Waiting....waiting....waiting... It never ends.

Any news, oksana?

DO: LOS ANGELES

04/24/09 - mailed N400

04/27/09 - N400 received

04/30/09 - NOA1 date

05/04/09 - NOA1 received

05/04/09 - check cashed

05/05/09 - touched

05/13/09 - walk-in biometrics

05/22/09 - biometrics schedule

06/02/09 - interview notice date

06/08/09 - received interview notice

07/30/09 - interview - PASSED :P

08/28/09 - Oath Ceremony

08/29/09 - Passport application

Filed: Timeline

Friends, I write my situation here hoping to get some advice.

I came to the US on December 14, 2005 on K1 visa and got married on Feb.16, 2006. My conditional green card was approved on September 7, 2006. In July 2007, I divorced my husband in despiar because I wanted a baby while my husband was stubborn enough not to give me one(He has two kids from his previous marriage). I returned to my country after the divorce.

Three months later, however, I returned as I thought I was happier to live with my husband than live by myself. We had been living together as boyfriend and girlfriend till June 2008 when it was time for me to apply for removing the conditions of my greencard. We consulted an immigration lawyer and were told it would be hard for me to get a new greencard since I was divorced. We were afraid of being seperate by being unmarried, so we re-married again on June 26,2008.

I filed I-751 on July 7, 2008 and I received a I-797, Notice of Action on July 15,2008. My conditional green card will expire on September 7, 2008

My questions are:

Will the divorce cause me any problems in going through the procedure of getting me a new green card?

My husband is going to travel to my country for a long term job in early August, he will have to buy a ticket today or tomorrow, and I will have to follow him as his translator. But my conditional green card will expire on Spetember 7, 2008. Will I be able to travel back on the I-797, Notice of Action?

I will be very grateful for any advice from you. Thank you very much in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.