ks1881

129F forms

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My fiance sent his divorce certificate along his 129F application. My question is, what document does USCIS needed? Is it divorced certificate or it has to be divorce decree? I started to get worry if our application got denied because he sent divorce certificate instead of divorce decree. Will divorce certificate acceptable?

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance sent his divorce certificate along his 129F application. My question is, what document does USCIS needed? Is it divorced certificate or it has to be divorce decree? I started to get worry if our application got denied because he sent divorce certificate instead of divorce decree. Will divorce certificate acceptable?

Thank you

Divorce Certificates

Available. Moslems of all nationalities may obtain a divorce decree (Surat Talak) from the Kantor Urusan Agama (KUA - Office of Religious Affairs) within whose jurisdiction the divorce (talak) took place. Members of other religious groups may obtain a divorce certificate from the Civil Registry office (Dinas Kependudukan and Catatan Sipil) at the place within whose jurisdiction the divorce took place.

Good luck!

Filed: Timeline

Is your husband a US Citizen? Did he divorce in the US? IF so, The USCIS requires a copy of the divorce decree issued by court in the state/county/parish where the divorce was granted. The EMBASSY requires an ORIGINAL "true copy" with the court seal and signed by the clerk of court. Hope that answers your question. That was one of the documents they nailed us on, I had to hand carry one over in October.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.