martinbr

Just got married, we are having a hard time apart

21 posts in this topic

Wow!, I didn't realize this was going to be so difficult being apart after marriage. I just go married 11/19/07 in PI. Had great wedding and a great time over there with my new bride. Now like everyone else I had to come home and be by myself. This is the pits. My new wife started balling her eyes out before I even left. After two weeks I am very sad and now I know this is going to probably take at least a year to get her and her kid over here.

I am sure a lot of you have had to go through this.process. Just wondering what you did to offset the process. We will be filing a CR-1/ I-R/1 petition as soon as I get the true certified copies of marriage certificates and birth certificates. What did most of you do to offset the blues of being apart? Unfortunately, I can't afford to fly over there again next year. Sitting here feeling very sad. :crying:

Martin

Wow!, I didn't realize this was going to be so difficult being apart after marriage. I just go married 11/19/07 in PI. Had great wedding and a great time over there with my new bride. Now like everyone else I had to come home and be by myself. This is the pits. My new wife started balling her eyes out before I even left. After two weeks I am very sad and now I know this is going to probably take at least a year to get her and her kid over here.

I am sure a lot of you have had to go through this.process. Just wondering what you did to offset the process. We will be filing a CR-1/ I-R/1 petition as soon as I get the true certified copies of marriage certificates and birth certificates. What did most of you do to offset the blues of being apart? Unfortunately, I can't afford to fly over there again next year. Sitting here feeling very sad. :crying:

Martin

:clock: WELCOME TO THE CLUB BUDDY!!! :protest:

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Martin

We got married Feb 5th and I spent another 3 weeks there after the wedding. It will seem like a long wait for each step of the way, but our case was forwarded to the embassy yesterday. One of the things that kept us sane was being able to chat on yahoo messenger almost on a daily basis with some phone calls added in. From the news I've been reading, the visa process in now taking even longer, so I can feel for you. You can pick up a lot of good hints here about how to save a little time, and have all your paperwork correct so that you avoid the delay of a request for information.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

when i filed my I-130 i files with all xerox copies of marrage lic. the you get not the one from nso and birth certificate they were all xerox and i had no problems nothing was even said i am now in the ncv process and now i have all the originals so i will be able to send now but i wouldnt worry too much about haveing originals if you have xerox already send it off

after few month contact congressmen and it will help speed things up i would wait for the 120 day make though

good luck

Martin

It is very difficult to be apart. My husband, fiance then, and I did everything possible to communicate. We talk constantly on the phone, email each other, try to see each other on webcams.

We were so depressed but we persevered. We couldn't have done it on our own though, we trusted God and prayed so hard and so much that I'm sure He felt our best intentions for each other.

Hang in there!

Martin

If she doesn't have her own PC buy her a laptop and set her up with DSL.

You can do a LOT of things with a web cam! :blink:

Also plan on making another trip even if you have to borrow to do so.

Not only "shrinks the horns" but helps a LOT when it gets to her embassy interview in proving a bonafide marriage.

They always ask how many times you met!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We all been in situation like that , all the kind of stress, agony, fraustration , i think i had suffered from this process just be strong and be patience along the process and when u get to the goal it will be worth it . Goodluck

Martin it is not easy to be seperated, but this is what I do:

1. Be strong

2. Keep yourself busy

3. Use Yahoo with webcam and headset

Also, I had Meryll get a certified xerox copy of the Marriage Certificate from the Local Civil Registry. This will do for USCIS and NVC. You will need the NSO copy for the USEM. The NSO copy can take 3 months.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Martin, I too have had a very hard time. The answers to most problems will come from within. As others have reccomended try to stay busy. It may be a good time to develop a hobby. There are many constructive alternatives. Only you can decide what is really best. All the opinions gained are just that. OPINIONS. Stay strong, try to find whatever it takes for YOU... best wishes, John&Jean

I am in the same situation for 2yrs now..

What do I do to keep me busy?

#1. Work, Work, Work...

#2. $2 phone card a day.. Or subscribe with a Long Distance carrier. You will need the proof on the interview process..

#3. I go to the gym to forget problems and homesickness..

I hope you find these helpful..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Try yoga... Hehehe!!! Just kidding :jest:

Keep yourself busy with work, hobbies, friends, and other activities as much as possible. We all definitely understand how hard this part of the process can be. Please come here and vent a little too. I found that writting that letting it out here on VJ to also be a comfort, but keep it in the Philippines forum because the rest of the VJ is not always that accommodating (if you get my drift).

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Thanks for everyones support on this. I have to accept the fact this is going to be a very slow process. I am bracing myself for around a year in a half of waiting or more. I mean what am going to do? It's out of my hands. But I have a question about the marriage certificates. Do I have to send in original copies or can I just send in a copy of her marriage and birth certificate? I have everything ready to go but have been waiting on them to process the true certified copies over at the NSO office. They said it would take around 3-6 weeks to process.

thanks,

Martin

Thanks for everyones support on this. I have to accept the fact this is going to be a very slow process. I am bracing myself for around a year in a half of waiting or more. I mean what am going to do? It's out of my hands. But I have a question about the marriage certificates. Do I have to send in original copies or can I just send in a copy of her marriage and birth certificate? I have everything ready to go but have been waiting on them to process the true certified copies over at the NSO office. They said it would take around 3-6 weeks to process.

thanks,

Martin

To file for I-130..

Copies from the Original NSO docs..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.