visaveteran1

Too much bad news...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I keep hearing stories or being given articles about USCIS horror stories and that visas will take 1-2 years, etc.

The timeline data and some personal sharing seems to dispute most of the horror story scenarios. I would think a K-3 (129f) should not take longer than 6-8 months to interview. i would think a1-130 should take from 10-12 months to interview.

There was a crazy crunch time when the USCIS raised the fees (ridiculously in my opinion) but it seems things should start to level off.

Am I wrong?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, it all depends on the individual cases. Some have shown to be true horror stories. Others were all smooth sailing. You just never know.

Yah, I do think the raising of the fees caused a lot of people to file earlier then they anticipated and this led to a bigger backlog then usual. Hopefully, they will figure it all out eventually.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Things should start to level off, though some of the wait times people have been experiencing recently are significantly longer than what they were around the first half of this year, when we were waiting.

In addition, it is not just visa petitions that have backlogged USCIS, it is the multitude of other petitions (AOS, Removal of Conditions and Naturalization, are some examples) that were all filed before the fee increase. With some of these more intricate petitons, the wait times are even longer. (USCIS website states about 16-18 months for Naturalization, for example).

So I know logic states that things should level off, and I'm sure they will, but having just filed for my husband's AOS....we're buckling down for a long wait. :crying:

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy journey.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I keep hearing stories or being given articles about USCIS horror stories and that visas will take 1-2 years, etc.

The timeline data and some personal sharing seems to dispute most of the horror story scenarios. I would think a K-3 (129f) should not take longer than 6-8 months to interview. i would think a1-130 should take from 10-12 months to interview.

There was a crazy crunch time when the USCIS raised the fees (ridiculously in my opinion) but it seems things should start to level off.

Am I wrong?

I think whenever you deal in "should"(s) you're asking for trouble. Barring complications, USCIS timelines tend to be pretty consistent regardless of country, but timelines start to vary widely between NVC and interview. For immigrant visas, timelines at NVC can range from two to six or more months just for that stage.

In any event, I think it's best to limit your reliance on timelines to those for the appropriate country and visa category and then only as a soft target.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You are both wrong and right.

You are right in stating a K3 should not take longer than 6-8 months to interview and a CR1/IR1 should take from 10-12 months to interview.

The price increase did effect a rise in applications, but the backlogs started in March of this year. We started this process in April and should have an interview in January, which is 10 months for a K3. 9 to 11 months is the current average.

Only time will tell if Emilio T. Gonzalez will deliver on his promises. So far his strategy is still increasing timelines.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You are right in stating a K3 should not take longer than 6-8 months to interview and a CR1/IR1 should take from 10-12 months to interview.

The price increase did effect a rise in applications, but the backlogs started in March of this year. We started this process in April and should have an interview in January, which is 10 months for a K3. 9 to 11 months is the current average.

Only time will tell if Emilio T. Gonzalez will deliver on his promises. So far his strategy is still increasing timelines.

Just looking at your timeline and doing a little math. You sent the 129f in late April and you hope for a january interview...that adds up to about 8 months. Yes?

Just looking at your timeline and doing a little math. You sent the 129f in late April and you hope for a january interview...that adds up to about 8 months. Yes?

Errr...make that late may until january...8 months.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

if uscis says it will take 16-18 months, then that means it will most likely take more than two years :(

i feel sorry for people who will file from now on...

. CR-1 visa

. 2007-03-17 : Marriage

. 2007-04-20 : I-130 Sent

. 2007-05-29 : I-130 NOA1

. 2007-10-30 : I-130 NOA2 Approval (official letter 11/05)

. Days between I-130 Sent and its NOA2: 193 (6 months, 13 days)

. K-3 visa

. 2007-05-10 : I-129F Sent

. 2007-06-15 : I-129F NOA1

. 2007-10-30 : I-129F NOA2 Approval (official letter 11/05)

. Days between I-129F Sent and its NOA2: 173 (5 months, 23 days )

. 2007-11-14 : NVC has received our documents and assigned a case number

. 2007-11-15 : NVC has sent out our documents to the US Embassy in Ukraine

. 2007-12-03 : The US Embassy in Ukraine has received our document (hard copy)

. 2007-12-13 : Medical Exam in Kiev PASSED

. 2007-12-17 : Interview at the US Embassy in Kiev PASSED

. 2008-01-10 : Entered USA

. AOS and EAD

. 2008-02-20 : Applied for AOS and EAD

. 2008-03-07 : NOA1 for AOS and EAD (and biometrics appointment is scheduled)

. 2008-03-18 : Biometrics are taken

. waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.