anan

From NVC to Embassy

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My docs were sent out from NVC on Nov 15 to US Embassy in Ukraine. As of now the US Embassy has not gotten them. I am really worried about that because I see that for other filers it took from 2 to 8 days, and for me it is already over 14 days. I called NVC, but they said they can't do anything. I asked them if I can get a tracking number for a package that they sent out, but again they said that they don't have it. I called DHL, but, no luck, they can't do anything without a tracking number. I am lost. What if DHL lost our docs? What if US Embassy will never get a hard copy (they said that they received an electronic version and are waiting for hard copy of my docs)? What can be done? I don't really want to reapply (I already have the approval notices)...

What disappoints me is that NVC can't give me a tracking number (this is a simples thing to do: to get a tracking number for the package and give it to me so I can track the package). But, it is seems like, for NVC this very simple task is out of ordinary and impossible to complete. I wonder do they even required tracking number from DHL when they send packages out? Why it is so hard to deal with those people, why? No one is responsible out there... If our docs will disappear whom I am to blame, who will be responsible for that? What will they do?

Please share your experience. (I might be worried to much, but again I waited a long time for NVC to sent our docs to an embassy, and don't want the docs to be lost in a wilderness).

Thanks.

. CR-1 visa

. 2007-03-17 : Marriage

. 2007-04-20 : I-130 Sent

. 2007-05-29 : I-130 NOA1

. 2007-10-30 : I-130 NOA2 Approval (official letter 11/05)

. Days between I-130 Sent and its NOA2: 193 (6 months, 13 days)

. K-3 visa

. 2007-05-10 : I-129F Sent

. 2007-06-15 : I-129F NOA1

. 2007-10-30 : I-129F NOA2 Approval (official letter 11/05)

. Days between I-129F Sent and its NOA2: 173 (5 months, 23 days )

. 2007-11-14 : NVC has received our documents and assigned a case number

. 2007-11-15 : NVC has sent out our documents to the US Embassy in Ukraine

. 2007-12-03 : The US Embassy in Ukraine has received our document (hard copy)

. 2007-12-13 : Medical Exam in Kiev PASSED

. 2007-12-17 : Interview at the US Embassy in Kiev PASSED

. 2008-01-10 : Entered USA

. AOS and EAD

. 2008-02-20 : Applied for AOS and EAD

. 2008-03-07 : NOA1 for AOS and EAD (and biometrics appointment is scheduled)

. 2008-03-18 : Biometrics are taken

. waiting...

My docs were sent out from NVC on Nov 15 to US Embassy in Ukraine. As of now the US Embassy has not gotten them. I am really worried about that because I see that for other filers it took from 2 to 8 days, and for me it is already over 14 days. I called NVC, but they said they can't do anything. I asked them if I can get a tracking number for a package that they sent out, but again they said that they don't have it. I called DHL, but, no luck, they can't do anything without a tracking number. I am lost. What if DHL lost our docs? What if US Embassy will never get a hard copy (they said that they received an electronic version and are waiting for hard copy of my docs)? What can be done? I don't really want to reapply (I already have the approval notices)...

What disappoints me is that NVC can't give me a tracking number (this is a simples thing to do: to get a tracking number for the package and give it to me so I can track the package). But, it is seems like, for NVC this very simple task is out of ordinary and impossible to complete. I wonder do they even required tracking number from DHL when they send packages out? Why it is so hard to deal with those people, why? No one is responsible out there... If our docs will disappear whom I am to blame, who will be responsible for that? What will they do?

Please share your experience. (I might be worried to much, but again I waited a long time for NVC to sent our docs to an embassy, and don't want the docs to be lost in a wilderness).

Thanks.

anan,

Your documents were not sent by themselves in a single (track-able) package - they were sent as a large package (containing many other cases/files/documents) which is why they can't give you a tracking number - it's not an Amazon.com/Ebay purchase. Special care is given to government shipments, especially to consulate/embassies so give it some time. :thumbs:

There is a way to track shipments from NVC - it's complicated and not very helpful.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks... I understand that NVC sends them in a bundle with other docs. But I wonder why they can't they give me a tracking number for that bundle shipment (this should be very simple). Anyways, I went to a dhl.com and used someone's advice on tracking packages that were sent out from NVC. Basically I used a reference number (format: EXP 19 NOV 2007A) to see what packages were sent out... I found that there were already 6 shipments done to Ukraine from NVC (all delivered), but when I ask embassy they say they did not get it. What is going on there? Do they process the shipment the day they received it, or it is just stays in there receiving department until they have time to process them. From dhl.com I know that they received packages on Nov 19, 21, 23, 26, 28, 29... but still no sign that our docs are there. I am VERY VERY WORRIED!!!

Of course, I can not know exactly in which bundle of packages were my docs, but based on the dhl.com there were already several shipments done to Ukraine from NVC and no result for us :( .

Thanks...

. CR-1 visa

. 2007-03-17 : Marriage

. 2007-04-20 : I-130 Sent

. 2007-05-29 : I-130 NOA1

. 2007-10-30 : I-130 NOA2 Approval (official letter 11/05)

. Days between I-130 Sent and its NOA2: 193 (6 months, 13 days)

. K-3 visa

. 2007-05-10 : I-129F Sent

. 2007-06-15 : I-129F NOA1

. 2007-10-30 : I-129F NOA2 Approval (official letter 11/05)

. Days between I-129F Sent and its NOA2: 173 (5 months, 23 days )

. 2007-11-14 : NVC has received our documents and assigned a case number

. 2007-11-15 : NVC has sent out our documents to the US Embassy in Ukraine

. 2007-12-03 : The US Embassy in Ukraine has received our document (hard copy)

. 2007-12-13 : Medical Exam in Kiev PASSED

. 2007-12-17 : Interview at the US Embassy in Kiev PASSED

. 2008-01-10 : Entered USA

. AOS and EAD

. 2008-02-20 : Applied for AOS and EAD

. 2008-03-07 : NOA1 for AOS and EAD (and biometrics appointment is scheduled)

. 2008-03-18 : Biometrics are taken

. waiting...

i would sit tight and give it some time...it will get there

dont worry, my documents were sent to the wrong consulate, so were in the same boat :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.