Jason-Sasha

Approved!!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks everyone! I know I will have loads of new questions now. I will be posting a few new topics in the coming days for sure. We seem to be a fairly small group (Russia) compared to most other country threads. But I'm sure there are more than enough people here to help us further. Thanks again everyone!! :D

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
Always nice to hear another one has almost made it to the top of the hill! :D

Congra :thumbs:

July 19------------Send the I-129F

July 26------------Recieved

December 7th----NOA2 online

December 14-----NOA2 Hard Copy

December 21-----NVC recieved

December 28-----NVC send to US embassy in Ethiopia

January 8---------US embassy in Ethiopia will recieve

January 11--------Packet 3

February 7 -------Interview

February 7 -------Passed interview

February 12------VISA in hand

February 22------IN the USA

March 1-----------Wedding

March 15----------Sent AOS

July 7 -------------Finger Print

January 27, 2009--Green card approved without interview. It took almost one year though.

Feb 2 -------------Got the green card in the mail

Next: playing the waiting game for the 2 years holding removal

omg_wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
Sasha and I were approved today. Nov 28. We got a touch this morning, then later tonight I noticed we were approved!! Its just so great!!! :dance::dance:

Congra and good luck :thumbs:

July 19------------Send the I-129F

July 26------------Recieved

December 7th----NOA2 online

December 14-----NOA2 Hard Copy

December 21-----NVC recieved

December 28-----NVC send to US embassy in Ethiopia

January 8---------US embassy in Ethiopia will recieve

January 11--------Packet 3

February 7 -------Interview

February 7 -------Passed interview

February 12------VISA in hand

February 22------IN the USA

March 1-----------Wedding

March 15----------Sent AOS

July 7 -------------Finger Print

January 27, 2009--Green card approved without interview. It took almost one year though.

Feb 2 -------------Got the green card in the mail

Next: playing the waiting game for the 2 years holding removal

omg_wtf.jpg

I know I will have loads of new questions now. I will be posting a few new topics in the coming days for sure.

Keep 'em coming. We've got a few guys right around the same time, so post all the questions you can think of.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:thumbs: CONGRATULATIONS, Jason! :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Thanks everyone! I know I will have loads of new questions now. I will be posting a few new topics in the coming days for sure. We seem to be a fairly small group (Russia) compared to most other country threads. But I'm sure there are more than enough people here to help us further. Thanks again everyone!! :D

Folks from other countries or folks from the AOS forum can help you too, if you have questions :)

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My first question....How soon after the embassy receives our petition will they schedule an interview? I mean, they will send out this packet 3, right? Will this have an interview date already set? Or will they schedule her interview after she sends the list back?

Second question....What's the typical wait time from NVC to hearing something from the embassy?

Next.....If I call NVC in a few days, and they have my case, will they give me the new case number? Will this case number enable me to track my petition at the embassy?

Next.....Is it too soon for Sasha to get her police reports? Does she need something from the packet before she does this??

Next.....Instead of mailing the Aff. of Sup. can I take it to her when I go to Russia at Christmas?

Next.....Is it possible to have an interview as early as late January/early February?

Just a few questions to start with :) Thanks for any help you all can provide..

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

My first question....How soon after the embassy receives our petition will they schedule an interview? I mean, they will send out this packet 3, right? Will this have an interview date already set? Or will they schedule her interview after she sends the list back?

The interview will be scheduled fairly quickly (within a couple weeks) for a time a few months away from then. So, if they get your packet in about two weeks, you could get an interview in Feb or Mar. (Not an estimate, just saying it takes about two months or so usually.) The packet 3 (which Moscow only sends one packet) will be sent once they get the case in Moscow and start setting her up for an interview. I believe (not 100% but I'm pretty sure) the interview date is sent out with the packet on somewhat of an "invitation slip" type deal. She doesn't need to send anything back to them (like they do at other embassies, remember, Moscow is "special") but she will need to complete a few forms including some online versions. (Instructions are in the packet.)

Second question....What's the typical wait time from NVC to hearing something from the embassy?

Barring any "issues" it's typically about a month to six weeks. (Interview assigned date. I believe you get an e-mail or something saying like "packet received by embassy." But you won't actually get an interview date until about a month or so from the time it leaves NVC.)

Next.....If I call NVC in a few days, and they have my case, will they give me the new case number? Will this case number enable me to track my petition at the embassy?

They may give you your new case number if they know it and if you're lucky enough to get in touch with an actual person. You can use this number to track your petition at the embassy, but only if you get it, and only if the embassy is actually assigning a date, and only if you can get in touch with a real person and only if they're in a good mood that day and only if..... get the picture? You're talking a whole bunch of "in theory" stuff that is technically true, but not very probable.

Next.....Is it too soon for Sasha to get her police reports? Does she need something from the packet before she does this??

It is NOT too soon for her to start getting her police reports. However, she will have detailed instructions mailed to her inside the packet and there should be sufficient time to compile all reports prior to the interview. She doesn't actually NEED something from the packet to start this process but it will tell her exactly what she needs to get. There's no reason to "hurry up and get them now" before you even have an interview date. That said, it's never too early! (They say they want them within a six-month time period prior to the interview, but that's not entirely accurate. As long as they're within a "recent" time, she'll be fine. 7 months isn't going to get her denied.)

Next.....Instead of mailing the Aff. of Sup. can I take it to her when I go to Russia at Christmas?

Yes. It needs to be "recent" as well and as long as you don't have a significant financial change between now and the interview, you should have no problems. You will probably have an updated W-2 by the time her interview rolls around so you may want to send that to her and a few more recent pay stubs and maybe even an updated employer letter in Feb or so. Your Aff. of Sup. from Dec. should be just fine though.

Next.....Is it possible to have an interview as early as late January/early February?

It's "possible" but it's more probable that she'll have an interview in mid-Feb to March or even April. You can check out the dates on the website and check to see what the most recent updates are scheduled for. You can probably add about two weeks to a month on to the most recent updates and get a pretty accurate idea of when you're going to see your petition # up there. (See above)

Some of the guys that have been through this pretty recently can probably guesstimate this better than I can but the trend seems to be about 3 months from leaving NVC which would put you right about March 1. That's where my money is!!! Hope it's sooner for you but if I were a wagering man...... Good luck, and keep the questions coming.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

In regards to the information packet, our was supposedly sent on Nov 15 from the Moscow embassy, but has not arrived yet. Mean time the interview date showed up on the website for Dec 26. Due to travel booking issues my gal will have to leave for Moscow on Dec 14. I had to ship my documents to her Monday and hope they get there by Dec 13th.

I emailed her some scanned versions to print out just in case, but of course they won't be originals. I also told her the embassy website for forms etc, but not sure she is 100% web savy.

Anyhow, it was a mistake for us to depend on the packet arriving from the embassy. I was holding off sending my documents until the packet arrived in case they asked for specific things not mentioned in the website. Now we are in a time crunch.

May 7, 2007 -- I-129F K1 sent to NSC

Dec 26, 2007 -- K1 Visa approved.

------

Sep 16, 2008 -- AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago

Apr 01, 2009 -- Conditional green card arrives.

------

Feb 19, 2011 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to lift conditions

Nov 11, 2011 -- Permanent GC rev'd in mail.

------

Apr 25, 2012 -- Mailed N-400 Naturalization

Aug 16, 2012 -- Citizenship Interview. Approved.

Sep 06, 2012 -- Citizenship Oath.

Wow! What a quick interview date! (Congrats on that!)

Sucks about the time crunch, but it's one of those "not so bad" type bad deals. Don't worry about not having originals. They've pretty much seen everything they need to see from you already and the forms you send to her to bring to the interview are just to "confirm" that everything is still good.

Good luck with the interview!!!

Русский форум член.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats guys!!!Its not early to get police report because it takes like month to get it.in my case i did not have much time so i went direct to the boss to get papers in few days.normally you should send 3 envalopes and wait till they mail back,and there might be mistakes so i advice to do it as soon as you can!!!

good luck with everything!

ah and yeah funny thing packed was mailed to me earlier than noa2 was approved on their web page:)))

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just to update the story -- shipped the documents by Fedex on December 3rd. They arrived in Pyatigorsk Russia on December 12th. Just two days before she was to leave on the train to Moscow. Whew. I wonder if DHL would have been faster.

May 7, 2007 -- I-129F K1 sent to NSC

Dec 26, 2007 -- K1 Visa approved.

------

Sep 16, 2008 -- AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago

Apr 01, 2009 -- Conditional green card arrives.

------

Feb 19, 2011 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to lift conditions

Nov 11, 2011 -- Permanent GC rev'd in mail.

------

Apr 25, 2012 -- Mailed N-400 Naturalization

Aug 16, 2012 -- Citizenship Interview. Approved.

Sep 06, 2012 -- Citizenship Oath.

DHL and FedEx seem to be about the same inside Russia. Either way, it's expensive!

I shipped a document packet to my SIL a couple weeks ago. Dude at FedEx said it was going to be like $105 and some change and take like three weeks to get there. We went over to the Post Office (where they have an agreement with FedEx once outside the U.S.) and it was only $75 and took less than two weeks.

So, go to the Post Office.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.