Laura_Z

reason for denial!!!!!

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
she says we can choose but she advises to reopen. she says she called them and they just said it got lost. i don't know what to do , she was almost crying when she called me (in romania) and i told her past is past and we want posotive outcome. and that we are holding her responsible. so does anyone know how long it can take?

Your lawyer was almost crying??!! What kind of lawyer is she?

If I were you, I'd consult a second opinion with a different lawyer, she failed to send the right papers the first time which caused you a RFE, and now they say they did not receive what she assures she did send. How can you be sure that she didn't fail this second time to send the right documents? Do you have a copy of the package she sent in response to the RFE? Your lawyer does not sound like a reliable person!

I'm so sorry you're going through this, the best you can do is check with another lawyer. I would no trust her anymore!

I hope you are able to solve this!

Good luck.

oh god i don't know what to do , she thaught that we were going to scream at her and that is why she was not crying but very emotioned by our reaction, we just told her we are holding her responsible for the outcome and that we have to look forward. i don't know what to do. she sent me a copy of the letter she sent, where it stated she had sent the divorce papers. what to do? she said she will take it upon her to do this right...

Ok something very similar happened with me with attorney error. You need to stick with her and let her make it right. Mine forgot to send in my 170 dollar money order and it completely disappeared ( the money order) and also blew my 129f case. He also got the birthdate wrong on all the petitions ..stick with the attorney.. she can call back lines and reopen it and will probabl fight a little harder for you than usual..

as far as the crying.. lawyers are human and she probably forgot to send them

wow, i can't believe this has happened more than once... so what happened to you? did you reopen case and got away with it? i would very much like to know! thank you for your input!

I-129F Sent .......... 2007-05-29 toNSC, then forwarded to CSC

I-129F NOA1 ........ 2007-06-15

I-129F RFE(s) ........ 2007-10-18 (very bad day, yak)

RFE Reply(s) ......... 2007-11-06

Touch.................... 2007-11-07

Touch.................... 2007-11-09

Denied 2007-12-14 because of missing divorce paper. Lawyer swears she sent it and we will file motion to reopen file ...how long?

Filed motion to reopen file a week later

Approved 2008-01-12

Interview at Embassy in Bucharest 2008-03-14 - Approved!!!!!!!!

Entry in the USA 2008-05-01

Married 2008-06-21 (hubby almost broke his ankle and a black bird hit our windshield while driving to the courthouse hahah!

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Green card received w/o interview on 2008-12-09

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
she says we can choose but she advises to reopen. she says she called them and they just said it got lost. i don't know what to do , she was almost crying when she called me (in romania) and i told her past is past and we want posotive outcome. and that we are holding her responsible. so does anyone know how long it can take?

If I were you, I'd consult a second opinion with a different lawyer, she failed to send the right papers the first time which caused you a RFE, and now they say they did not receive what she assures she did send. How can you be sure that she didn't fail this second time to send the right documents? Do you have a copy of the package she sent in response to the RFE? Your lawyer does not sound like a reliable person!

I'm so sorry you're going through this, the best you can do is check with another lawyer. I would no trust her anymore!

Good luck.

oh god i don't know what to do , she thaught that we were going to scream at her and that is why she was not crying but very emotioned by our reaction, we just told her we are holding her responsible for the outcome and that we have to look forward. i don't know what to do. she sent me a copy of the letter she sent, where it stated she had sent the divorce papers. what to do? she said she will take it upon her to do this right...

Ok something very similar happened with me with attorney error. You need to stick with her and let her make it right. Mine forgot to send in my 170 dollar money order and it completely disappeared ( the money order) and also blew my 129f case. He also got the birthdate wrong on all the petitions ..stick with the attorney.. she can call back lines and reopen it and will probabl fight a little harder for you than usual..

wow, i can't believe this has happened more than once... so what happened to you? did you reopen case and got away with it? i would very much like to know! thank you for your input!

Good luck.

Denied 2007-12-14 because of missing divorce paper. Lawyer swears she sent it and we will file motion to reopen file ...how long?

Approved 2008-01-12

Married 2008-06-21 (hubby almost broke his ankle and a black bird hit our windshield while driving to the courthouse hahah!

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Timeline

I'm just appalled of how supoused "expert" immigration lawyers mess up cases in the most stupid ways. I mean you don't need to attend law school to learn how to put together a bunch of documents together! I've seen so many cases around here of couples wasting time over extremely stupid mistakes. Seriously, where do people get these so-called lawyers from?

And yes they are human, but if you are a lawyer you need to toughen up and act professionally no matter what, even if you screwed things up, you handle every situation professionally, and I say this because I'm a lawyer in my country, and crying in front of your clients is an unacceptable behaviour. Personally, I would not trust an attorney who can not conduct herself in a proper way during a stressful situation. But that's just me.

i am sure that not all lawyers mess up, and that is why i am seriously considering becoming one, to make things right for a change. but iif i mislead you , i apologise, she did NOT cry, she had an emotioned and affected voice, she did not cry and she took everything with dignity. i agree that lawyers are people and they can screw up and they can get emotional in a case that stresses them out a lot. but thank you for all your opinions, they mean very much to us!

Approved 2008-01-12

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

i just want to point out too, we are way too fast to attack the lawyers, lets be reasonable, USCIS is not perfect, and they send RFE's for things that were already sent ALL the time, bc they claim they never got it and infact the petitioner/lawyer sent it.

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
i agree that lawyers are people and they can screw up and they can get emotional in a case that stresses them out a lot. but thank you for all your opinions, they mean very much to us!

Well if there is someone I did learn in law school was that you can not get emtional with any case, they do teach you to toughen up!

Back on the topic, Laura_Z I truly hope your lawyer does what she needs to do and that you guys are able to solve this situation!

Good luck :)

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Timeline
i agree that lawyers are people and they can screw up and they can get emotional in a case that stresses them out a lot. but thank you for all your opinions, they mean very much to us!

Well if there is someone I did learn in law school was that you can not get emtional with any case, they do teach you to toughen up!

Back on the topic, Laura_Z I truly hope your lawyer does what she needs to do and that you guys are able to solve this situation!

thank you, we hope so too, but we are trying to cal down and not be so stressed oabout the outcome, come as it may..

thank you, we hope so too, but we are trying to cal down and not be so stressed oabout the outcome, come as it may.. we are currently waiting for her to send us the scanned denial documents, i requested them yesterday and she said today..waiting

Approved 2008-01-12

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Filed: Timeline

Good luck.

I stuck it out with the same lawyer and I do not regret it... I just got my NOA2

Timeline

ok, news on denial...my fiance told the lawyer that if she sent the divoce papers the package must weigh a lot (23 pages), but if it's true that they only received two copies his b c, then the package must weigh a lot less. so the lawyer said it's a great ideea, she now has the proof that she needed. indeed the package with divorce papers weighs 6.6 lbz, and without it 3.3 lbz...well, doing detective work here :)) ok, so, besides that, we are also sending new plane tickets and pics from our recent trip. that's about it, enjoy! ( do you think this might piss uscis off for calling them liars or something?)

Approved 2008-01-12

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.