Black Velvet

K-3 Visa Approved

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

On November 13th, I accompanied my husband his interview (K-3). We were approved. In order for the visa to be affixed, he had to surrender his Jamaican passport. We were told that he would receive the visa in 1-2 weeks. Perhaps I am being anxious, but I feel like it is taking too long. I know of others in Jamaica that have received a visa in as little as three days. Jamaica does not offer on-site visas. It must be sent via AirPak (courier).

Once the visa is printed, the National Visa Center (NVC) has the information in the system. On Friday, November 23rd, I called the NVC twice (AM & PM). The first representative said, "No, the visa has not been printed." During my second call, the rep asked, "Are you sure that your husband attended the interview? He has been listed as a No Show." I told her that's impossible. She said not to worry since we were approved. I need some insight from the VJ community. :help:

Edited by Mrs. Scott

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG Mrs. Scott. :cry::cry::cry: This is utterly unbelievable. :protest::protest::protest: One again the misinformation line is up to its shoddy way of dealing with you again. After all that you've been through, yet again they are screwing with you. What the he!! is going on? The system sucks really bad.

:ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting: I hope this will be resolved ASAP and you will have your SO here with you soon. :yes::yes: Continue to pray that soon this ordeal will be over soon. I am sorry I can't offer any advice but to give you my sincere sympathy.

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Once the visa is printed, the National Visa Center (NVC) has the information in the system. On Friday, November 23rd, I called the NVC twice (AM & PM). The first representative said, "No, the visa has not been printed." During my second call, the rep asked, "Are you sure that your husband attended the interview? He has been listed as a No Show." I told her that's impossible. She said not to worry since we were approved. I need some insight from the VJ community. :help:

All I can say is wow... to have gone through all you have gone through, just to be thrown this worry at the last moment. I truly hope the NVC rep was misinformed. Have you tried contacting the embassy to see if they made a mistake at their end? That would be my first point of call to check things out.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

All I can say is wow... to have gone through all you have gone through, just to be thrown this worry at the last moment. I truly hope the NVC rep was misinformed. Have you tried contacting the embassy to see if they made a mistake at their end? That would be my first point of call to check things out.

I have sent two e-mails to the Embassy. I have not received a response. I am hoping that this is due to the holiday. Hopefully, I will not have to contact Senator Isakson's office again. I will keep you posted. Thanks for your support.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.