russ

Favorite Pictures in Russia

279 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This reminds me of a story last year in Kazan'. I had a very old comfortable stretched out t-shirt with a few small holes in it. I gave it to Alla to wear to bed, saying. Here, sweetie, I thought you might like this. Sometimes ladies like to wear an old t-shirt that their man used to wear. Sort of to feel him with you. She looked at it and replied, "Yes, I like it. I will wear it often when you return to America, I will feel you!" She then commenced to get out her sewing kit and work on it. I said, Sweetie, it's only for bed. She quickly retorted, "Jeffery! I will not wear rag with holes! I will make repair!" I fell on the floor laughing. Although it took her a little longer to see my humour! :lol:

I know what you mean, Slim. When my wife arrived, the clothes KGB cleaned out all my good work clothes. You know, the jeans and shirts with holes, grease stains, and paint. I don't know what she expects me to wear working on the car or painting the house. The clothes I now consider "work clothes" are immediately taken from me after every days project and are hidden somewhere and laundered much later......or destroyed.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I know what you mean, Slim. When my wife arrived, the clothes KGB cleaned out all my good work clothes. You know, the jeans and shirts with holes, grease stains, and paint. I don't know what she expects me to wear working on the car or painting the house. The clothes I now consider "work clothes" are immediately taken from me after every days project and are hidden somewhere and laundered much later......or destroyed.

Hehe.

In other news today, Amnesty International filed a complaint with the United Nations alleging mass "disappearances" of numerous items of clothing. The Domestic Politburo has sternly denied all allegations of mass clothing destruction. Secretary General Svetlana said in a brief press conference that "situation is 'nee-armal.' We have no record of a pair of 'favorite Levi's,' a 'green work shirt,' and 'that Hawaiian shirt I got from that one place that one time.' This is yet another fabrication of Capitalist Western media."

Quick... the clothing KGB arrives in 2 months. Where do I hide my old work clothes, hole-ridden T-shirts, and other bum-like clothing? :thumbs:

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Filed: Timeline
Quick... the clothing KGB arrives in 2 months. Where do I hide my old work clothes, hole-ridden T-shirts, and other bum-like clothing? :thumbs:

*looks around nervously*

*sees one of the ladies checking the forums*

Comrade, I don't know what you're talking about. There are no old work clothes, or clothing with holes in them. Our ladies are here to take care of us and make sure we look our very best at all times! Long live the laundry proletariat!

Timeline

*looks around nervously*

*sees one of the ladies checking the forums*

Comrade, I don't know what you're talking about. There are no old work clothes, or clothing with holes in them. Our ladies are here to take care of us and make sure we look our very best at all times! Long live the laundry proletariat!

OK...... so its the Gulag then. I will remember this when Nadya comes. :lol:

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Timeline

:lol:

Look at our avatar photo. As you can see, she is putting the Vulcan nerve pinch on me. I can already feel it........... :yes:

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Filed: Timeline

Look at our avatar photo. As you can see, she is putting the Vulcan nerve pinch on me. I can already feel it........... :yes:

And when you wake up, all your comfortable clothes will have been replaced. :D

Edit: Why do we even bother labeling threads anymore? :lol:

Edited by mox

Timeline

Our little Russki group always makes my day! :lol:

And when you wake up, all your comfortable clothes will have been replaced. :D

Edit: Why do we even bother labeling threads anymore? :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Hide them under the stack of monthly bills you have laying around that she'll never bother to look at. Something about a monthly budget is beyond most of the Russian women that I've met. They understand the need to save at times (and they definitely understand the need to spend!) but as far as actually making sure the rent and utilities get paid, and ON TIME!, you're probably going to be pulling most of the weight in that department.

If you keep your "good clothes" in a drawer of your file cabinet or desk or closet in your office or something like that, she'll probably never even see them, except when you wear them to dinner!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife likes to make sure I make my payments on time. I actually try to hide the monthly bills :) That being said, she is very good with money. You would think she was Jewish or something. (ok I didn't say that!!! I'm waiting for the PC police now...)

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Where are the pictures? Nine pages of thread and hardly any photos! ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Timeline

Oh Slim! Far from my Alla. She is a regular little bookkeeper. Every year she goes out and buys a fresh ledger and tracks each and every transaction! I tested her once last spring. Sweeties, how much money do we have right now? After about two minutes of thinking, looking at the ledger, and adding in the previous days bus fares, she guessed within a few rubles! "Jeffery, it is important that family counts money every day!"

I've found the best place to hide things is... no where! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hide them under the stack of monthly bills you have laying around that she'll never bother to look at. Something about a monthly budget is beyond most of the Russian women that I've met. They understand the need to save at times (and they definitely understand the need to spend!) but as far as actually making sure the rent and utilities get paid, and ON TIME!, you're probably going to be pulling most of the weight in that department.

If you keep your "good clothes" in a drawer of your file cabinet or desk or closet in your office or something like that, she'll probably never even see them, except when you wear them to dinner!

Photos? What? Ohhh, I thought "pictures" was loosely translated to "stories". :lol: My VJ personal space is gone. So, I will have to upload some to my site some time next week. Then, I can contribute to the official thread. :)

Where are the pictures? Nine pages of thread and hardly any photos! ;)

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

The day before I left Russia last year, Natasha asked for the shirt I was wearing. She uses it now as part of her 'indoor' clothes, and as a PJ top. I didn't know that was a Russian thing!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Timeline
The day before I left Russia last year, Natasha asked for the shirt I was wearing. She uses it now as part of her 'indoor' clothes, and as a PJ top. I didn't know that was a Russian thing!

Sure is. My girl does the same thing every time I visit. :yes:

Check my always up to date List of I-129F filers waiting for NOA2s. Now with some statistics. The data is from the VJ.com timelines.

I-129F Timeline

06/Aug/2007 I-129F sent to CSC, 24/Jan/2008 NOA2 171 days, 27/Feb/2008 Interview, 05/Mar/2008 Arrived together to US; POE SFO, 13/Mar/2008 Married!

10/May/2008 Our daughter Sophia was born, weighing in at 3.895kg (8lb 9.4oz) and 53.5 cm long (21.06").

AOS Timeline

01/Jul/2008 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP docs, 08/Jul/2008 NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130, 29/Jul/2008 Biometrics, 22/Oct/2008 AOS interview, 04/Nov/2008 Green card received!

Igor/Игорь 3dflags_usa0001-0002a.gif & 3dflags_rus0001-0002a.gif Элина/Elina

Timeline

Our ladies call those "home" clothes. They use them to do chores and sleep in. It's the clothing American women here feel so free to walk around in at the grocery store. You know, those clothes our women would never be caught dead wearing in public! :lol:

Sure is. My girl does the same thing every time I visit. :yes:

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.