1Cor13

What exactly does the "processing timeframe" on the USCIS website mean?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi all,

My fiancee and I are trying to figure out more or less when we can expect to receive our approval (God willing everything goes well!!!). On the USCIS website, it states that as of November 14, their "processing timeframe" for the CSC is April 29, 2007. What exactly does this mean?

I assumed it meant that as of Nov 14, 2007, they have given a decision on the NOA 2 for everyone that received their NOA1 by April 29, 2007. However, I am seeing some users with NOA1 dates as late as June( and early July) that have received their NOA2.

Somebody please help me clarify this!!! Could this just be from random filing of the boxes, or is it that some applications require further info, and they move on...

Thank you everyone for any help you can give in shedding some light on this. :help:

Edited by 1Cor13

Timeline:

Jan 2002 - Met and became friends in LA, CA

Mar 2003 - First date!, but Pamela returned to Peru

2004 - Several telephone and Instant messenger dates.

Jun 2005 - Visited Peru and asked Pamela to be my girlfriend.

Sept 2005 - My beloved visited me in the US.

Feb 2006 - I visited her in Peru

Aug 2006 - I visited her again and decided that I'd have to move to Peru

Dec 2006 - Moved to Peru

Feb 2007 - Asked Pamela to marry me!!!!

May/June 2007 - Decided to get married in US and not in Peru

June/July 2007 - prepared I129f packet...boy was that a lot of work!

July 16, 2007 - Shipped package overnight from Peru

July 18, 2007 - Filing received at CSC

July 19, 2007 - NOA 1

Sept 4, 2007 - Returned to US to get job to show I can support mi amada wife to be.

Nov 12, 2007 - Started working!!!!

Nov 28, 2007 - "Touch"

Nov 29, 2007 - NOA 2!!!

Jan 4-Jan 7, 2008 Packet three sent from US Embassy in Lima, Peru

Jan 24, 2008 - Interview Date

Jan 24, 2008 - FIANCEE VISA!!!

March 8, 2008 - Wedding!!!

Hi all,

My fiancee and I are trying to figure out more or less when we can expect to receive our approval (God willing everything goes well!!!). On the USCIS website, it states that as of November 14, their "processing timeframe" for the CSC is April 29, 2007. What exactly does this mean?

I assumed it meant that as of Nov 14, 2007, they have given a decision on the NOA 2 for everyone that received their NOA1 by April 29, 2007. However, I am seeing some users with NOA1 dates as late as June( and early July) that have received their NOA2.

Somebody please help me clarify this!!! Could this just be from random filing of the boxes, or is it that some applications require further info, and they move on...

Thank you everyone for any help you can give in shedding some light on this. :help:

USCIS timeframe indicated on their website for K-1 Visa is the date the last batch that should be getting results for NOA2. So in this case, all filers before April 29, 2007 should have already gotten some sort of notice for NOA2 whether its approved, denied or in RFE status. Since these are the last batch to receive, of course USCIS will work on future cases such as May, June or July and so forth. I already received my July NOA2 approved notice about 2 weeks ago. So right now the timeframe to receive the NOA2 should be about 4 to 5 months from filing the NOA1. Those are my two cents. Good luck!

Timeline

You should be receiving your NOA2 shortly, probably within the next couple of weeks, as long as you do not have any RFE's. After that it will take a couple of weeks for NVC to get the package and then about another couple of weeks before you get package 3 from the U.S. Embassy in Lima. This was roughly our timeline but yours may vary because of the holidays. Good luck with everything, I hope this helps.

Brian & Isa

Hi all,

The date(s) shown (for all the various visas) for processing times are the oldest (dated) petitions they are processing, not the most recent - you would think it would be the other way around, but what will you do? Obviously they are processing petitions much past those dates but it'd be nice to see most recent instead. :thumbs:

Timeline

Thank you very much everyone for you help!!! This is a huge relief. I was so worried that I still had several more months to wait.

-Matt :dance:

Timeline:

Jan 2002 - Met and became friends in LA, CA

Mar 2003 - First date!, but Pamela returned to Peru

2004 - Several telephone and Instant messenger dates.

Jun 2005 - Visited Peru and asked Pamela to be my girlfriend.

Sept 2005 - My beloved visited me in the US.

Feb 2006 - I visited her in Peru

Aug 2006 - I visited her again and decided that I'd have to move to Peru

Dec 2006 - Moved to Peru

Feb 2007 - Asked Pamela to marry me!!!!

May/June 2007 - Decided to get married in US and not in Peru

June/July 2007 - prepared I129f packet...boy was that a lot of work!

July 16, 2007 - Shipped package overnight from Peru

July 18, 2007 - Filing received at CSC

July 19, 2007 - NOA 1

Sept 4, 2007 - Returned to US to get job to show I can support mi amada wife to be.

Nov 12, 2007 - Started working!!!!

Nov 28, 2007 - "Touch"

Nov 29, 2007 - NOA 2!!!

Jan 4-Jan 7, 2008 Packet three sent from US Embassy in Lima, Peru

Jan 24, 2008 - Interview Date

Jan 24, 2008 - FIANCEE VISA!!!

March 8, 2008 - Wedding!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It doesn't mean much...

USCIS is way off on their dates. They either take a lot less time - or a lot more...

Sad but true.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.