Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Ladies!

I have two copies of the entire K-1 from submission plus I've been "adding" in all the other stuff I collect from my 2 most recent trips. I have doubles of all the correspondence I got from VSC & NVC too plus I made sure I printed out the emails I got back and forth from the embassy, so i'll take the initial packet down with me just in case. I have 2 photo albums with all 4 trips worth of photos in them so i guess I'll lug those down too! :lol:

I appreciate all your help.....You know I'm overprepared but like to obsess over details, Right? :lol:

Andre took 2 scrapbooks full of pictures.

And, I agree with the others. While I say overwhelm them with proof, they don't look at much of it. That's the beauty of being overprepared!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hey, Classy.....

I see you on here. You all right?

I'm great. Just trying to catch up. Ya'll chat alot while I'm at work :P I wish I could participate during the day. Work has finally slowed down so hopefully life will get back to normal. And can this SNOW please, please go away. We are supposed to get 4 inches tonight :crying::crying::crying::crying:

I hear you. We got sleet all day. Up to 10 inches is on the way for us. I hate winter. It's March....isnt' it suppose to be spring???????????

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I did an updated one for our interview, re-used much of the same information and proof, just added more up to date proof.

Thanks JG,

That was my thought too....do another one this month and just bring all the 2007 stuff with me to the interview.

Should we bring the pictures, copies of flight info, boarding passes etc. from my November and February Trips too? I'm thinking it won't hurt since I only had 2 trips under my belt back when we filed and now I've been down 4 times - total? :blink:

I would think that since I'm there in person I could just use my passport to "prove" I've been back there anyways, Right? LOL

i would take anything you can think of....plane tickets, passport, reciepts for anything while in JA, pictures, and you being their is the biggest proof of all....also remember to take your birth certificate they will ask to see it...

Hey Shauna..... :)

So they need my Birth Certificate Too? I can bring it with no problem but I thought they already had it cause it was in the K-1 packet......Should I bring a copy of the K-1 packet I submitted Too?

:wacko:

just like kelly said have everything organized better to overwhelm them with papers then not have enough things...they did ask to see my birth certificate...had the original as well as a copy i think they kept the copy and looked at the original and handed it back....

They never checked my birth C. I had a big binder filled with everything. Everything was in order. They didnt look at anything because the officer knew I could prove the case. It looks good to look organized and they won't probably ask you a lot of questions then. Oh and anything you want private so the whole room won't hear you pick up the phone. All the best you will do great because your a member of VJ :) !!

True. I was armed with a binder packed with stuff they didn't even look at as well. Jus be prepared jus in case.

I think I hurt my thigh in exercise class. My lower right side is numb.

I hope ur O.k.....Maybe u pulled something?

Hope u feel better ;) I just got off the treadmill and I feel like i'm going to die after shoveling snow all last week.....

Do u think I can get Dave to Shovel snow later this year when he's never even seen it before? :blink::lol:

Andre loves to shovel snow.....go figure!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I did an updated one for our interview, re-used much of the same information and proof, just added more up to date proof.

Thanks JG,

That was my thought too....do another one this month and just bring all the 2007 stuff with me to the interview.

Should we bring the pictures, copies of flight info, boarding passes etc. from my November and February Trips too? I'm thinking it won't hurt since I only had 2 trips under my belt back when we filed and now I've been down 4 times - total? :blink:

I would think that since I'm there in person I could just use my passport to "prove" I've been back there anyways, Right? LOL

i would take anything you can think of....plane tickets, passport, reciepts for anything while in JA, pictures, and you being their is the biggest proof of all....also remember to take your birth certificate they will ask to see it...

Hey Shauna..... :)

So they need my Birth Certificate Too? I can bring it with no problem but I thought they already had it cause it was in the K-1 packet......Should I bring a copy of the K-1 packet I submitted Too?

:wacko:

just like kelly said have everything organized better to overwhelm them with papers then not have enough things...they did ask to see my birth certificate...had the original as well as a copy i think they kept the copy and looked at the original and handed it back....

They never checked my birth C. I had a big binder filled with everything. Everything was in order. They didnt look at anything because the officer knew I could prove the case. It looks good to look organized and they won't probably ask you a lot of questions then. Oh and anything you want private so the whole room won't hear you pick up the phone. All the best you will do great because your a member of VJ :) !!

True. I was armed with a binder packed with stuff they didn't even look at as well. Jus be prepared jus in case.

I think I hurt my thigh in exercise class. My lower right side is numb.

I hope ur O.k.....Maybe u pulled something?

Hope u feel better ;) I just got off the treadmill and I feel like i'm going to die after shoveling snow all last week.....

Do u think I can get Dave to Shovel snow later this year when he's never even seen it before? :blink::lol:

I'm sure he will. It will be exciting for him...well at least the first winter.

Dee - I hope your leg feels better. I haven't worked out in a week.

:lol: Guess I'll have to see about that....Can't wait till he sees how much snow we get over here and try to explain to him that we can't get the SUV out the garage unless the whole driveway is clear! :lol:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
Has anyone heard from Rhonda? I know she can read but not reply. So HI!!! I hope you and the family are doing well!

Mindy's been talking to her and says she is happy and the family is doing well.

Speaking of Mindy......I almost forgot.....today is Roy & Mindy's 2nd Anniversary.....Happy Anniversary, guys!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has anyone heard from Rhonda? I know she can read but not reply. So HI!!! I hope you and the family are doing well!

Mindy's been talking to her and says she is happy and the family is doing well.

Speaking of Mindy......I almost forgot.....today is Roy & Mindy's 2nd Anniversary.....Happy Anniversary, guys!

Aww man...how did I forget their anniversary?? Happy Anniversary Roy and Mindy.

Hope we hear from Rhonda soon.

Timeline
Hey, Classy.....

I'm great. Just trying to catch up. Ya'll chat alot while I'm at work :P I wish I could participate during the day. Work has finally slowed down so hopefully life will get back to normal. And can this SNOW please, please go away. We are supposed to get 4 inches tonight :crying::crying::crying::crying:

I hear you. We got sleet all day. Up to 10 inches is on the way for us. I hate winter. It's March....isnt' it suppose to be spring???????????

EXACTLY??!!! It was 65degrees up here today but we're in for another winter blast later this week....ughh......

Maybe i'll have to give up my job and my cheap mortgage for some warm weather someday! :no:

K-1 Timeline

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

AOS Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey, Classy.....

EXACTLY??!!! It was 65degrees up here today but we're in for another winter blast later this week....ughh......

Maybe i'll have to give up my job and my cheap mortgage for some warm weather someday! :no:

Not much snow here this winter. One day of snow which didn't stick and two days of an ice storm...that's it. Why am I complaining??

Good night. I'm suppose to be watching wrestling with Damien :dead:

Timeline

That sounds like good advice when dealing with the JA embassy....

Do we need any other forms besides the DS 156, 156k, 157 and the DS230? I think that's all of em' but tell me if I'm wrong?

I know you need two of that DS156 with the barcode plus bring the police report, No impediment etc.....

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline
Hey, Classy.....

Not much snow here this winter. One day of snow which didn't stick and two days of an ice storm...that's it. Why am I complaining??

Good night. I'm suppose to be watching wrestling with Damien :dead:

:lol: Yeah, good night Shemonyay....you SHOULD be watching wrestling, huh?

I'll PM you tomorrow......

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I had a few problems when I was in England with my son's dad saying stuff, but since we've been here, nothing.

I nearly died the other day, I phoned my son's dad and after I'd finished talking to him, I called my son and said 'It's Daddy.'

My son was like 'Oh hi (my HUSBAND'S name!) :lol:

can imagine how it bun him

lol, this happened to me once. was on the phone with my son's father in the car and said do u want to speak to daddy. i got a "which one"?n the one in j.a. or the one in the babershop.?" I felt like all i needed was a hole to open in the road and swallow me up.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

I would have liked to edit my previous post to say,he said it very loud in the car and my son's father acted like he didn't say anything at all.

so night i go to pick up my son, put the keys in the car and realize i picked up mr. jengles keys' the keys that don't have any house keys on them. the locksmith charged $69.00 to open my door then tried to charge a $25.00 service fee on top of that. of course he didn't get the $25.00.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
lawny,

You know I could almost take the if any man touches my son coments ,but say them to me, not a 5 year old. but when he used to try and say stuff to me, about other men being around his son. I would just comment on how i heard his woman was in a fight at the club, and that would shut him up. lol

p.s. is what kind of clothes yah meez have on, mi nuh like it

Kimmy -

had some of the same issues wid mr jengles, and trying to explain he's only 5, I had to tell him this weekend that just because jay has a tv in his room, doesn't mean he has to spend all his time in his room, his response is let him watch tv in his room, but then where is the family time in thatbut I've come to realize mr jengles spent most of his time at work while in j.a so even when he lived with his baby mother, he never really had to take care of children and because kid's in j.a. spend much of their time outside. I got on him this summer because he had the girls but everytime i called they were always elsewhere, to me because they slept their that didn't equal spending time with him

exactly !!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

tommorrow we will talk about jamaican men and their lyrics. mr jengles called me this morning and said "when I hear your voice or see u in the morning I don't need no more food for the rest of the day, i come in like breakfast." mi tell him seh he must ease of the bottle so early inna di morning. lol ,hear him nuh "no baby mi is natural" "natural like spring water" all i coulda do is laugh.

I swear some of them might be poor, but what come out of their mouths is priceless.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
tommorrow we will talk about jamaican men and their lyrics. mr jengles called me this morning and said "when I hear your voice or see u in the morning I don't need no more food for the rest of the day, i come in like breakfast." mi tell him seh he must ease of the bottle so early inna di morning. lol ,hear him nuh "no baby mi is natural" "natural like spring water" all i coulda do is laugh.

I swear some of them might be poor, but what come out of their mouths is priceless.

all mi can do is laugh..some doant have a clue :lol::lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.