Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Well,

I didn't know I had purchased the flight insurance or whatever they called it and they didn't want to HONOR it and I went into instant RAGE. When it comes to things like this, calling, may help, but I can write and very DEMANDING letter. I kept writing them over, and over and over again until they got sick of me. Then I told them I was going to FOX 5 in washingon DC...if I don't get my check from them by the end of this week (ya'll look out for me on the news). They like to take advantage of people.

Been there, done that - Went round and round and round and round with them - didn't get any result. The idiot would leave me messages in my vm and tell me her view, then say that if I had any questions please call her back - NO PHONE NUMBER. I work for a major US corporation, and deal with the complaint side of customer issues all day long - I can tell you that if my customer service reps acted the way Spirits do, they would be fired SO fast they wouldn't know what hit them. I write very demanding letters as well - but it didn't get me anywhere with Spirit - So I filed a small claims - that got me enough money to replace my items -except my rum cream, can't buy that here :( and pay for my last trip down to JA.

Their flight deals sound great - but by the time you add on the taxes, now having to pay to check your bags, etc.... it's not such a bargain after all.

Morning, Irie! Nice boss you have there! Not sure of the exact time to leave the country - but once you are married, I believe you would have to apply for advanced parole to travel - at least until his green card was fully approved and not a temporary one.

Sus,

I don't know if it's because I'm from the DC area and they have had a lot of complaints for this sector, but I'd rather SWIM to Jamaica than fly with them again. My friend traveled with her 4 kids to Jamaica in July and she had an infant with her. She was coming back from JA and connecting through Ft. Lauderdale, I don' t know what was going on the Florida at that time, but most or all of the hotels were booked that was in the area so they had to sleep at the airport (with an infant)...she lost her mind. She said she started to cry and a family paid for her and the four kids to fly to Baltimore with them. She said she had no money left and she didn't travel with her CC. She flew with spirt because the tickets were all under $200. They guy and his wife and family was so upset that they would premit a mother with four young kids and a baby to sleep at the airport is horrible. Spirit really didn't try to do anything to help my friend (other than ask her if she have any family in FL)...because most Jamaicans do.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh poor boy, I can relate I came here when I was seven and the same stuff happened to me, with people trying to pick on me because of my accent and stuff.

he's trying to fit in. it is hard at that age esp when in new country and new school. I got moved because a jamaican teacher told them the school was doing nothing for me. what grade is he in. if he's coming from england he's should be in the first grade over here. if he is bored in school then he will most definetly act out

He's 7 and in 3rd grade....Academically he's FINE....At this new school they don't tease him, that why I'm just at such a loss as what to do with him....

unfortunetly it just sounds like he picked up bad bahavior from the old school. the stuff he's doing would be the norm for there. when i came here and got teased, i starting turning from good to bad, because the other kids were doing it.

try explaining to him that the behavior is unacceptable to you and your teachers at the new school and the children will not want to be his friend, if he is veiwed as a bully. it is hard to gauge the reaction of the other children, not the ones he's being mean to, but those that are his friends, sometimes in school when u do things like that, the other kids will laugh or look at you with respect.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

good morning

one of my friends swears by spirt, i like AA because of the miles.

MAWNIN JENGS,

I use AJ or AA. AA bumped me before, but I didn't mind. The guys wife was in labor and they put me in a nice hotel in Atlanta.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Oh poor boy, I can relate I came here when I was seven and the same stuff happened to me, with people trying to pick on me because of my accent and stuff.

he's trying to fit in. it is hard at that age esp when in new country and new school. I got moved because a jamaican teacher told them the school was doing nothing for me. what grade is he in. if he's coming from england he's should be in the first grade over here. if he is bored in school then he will most definetly act out

He's 7 and in 3rd grade....Academically he's FINE....At this new school they don't tease him, that why I'm just at such a loss as what to do with him....

unfortunetly it just sounds like he picked up bad bahavior from the old school. the stuff he's doing would be the norm for there. when i came here and got teased, i starting turning from good to bad, because the other kids were doing it.

try explaining to him that the behavior is unacceptable to you and your teachers at the new school and the children will not want to be his friend, if he is veiwed as a bully. it is hard to gauge the reaction of the other children, not the ones he's being mean to, but those that are his friends, sometimes in school when u do things like that, the other kids will laugh or look at you with respect.

That's precisely what I said to him. I also had him write apology letters to the kids kids he did things to.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

That's precisely what I said to him. I also had him write apology letters to the kids kids he did things to.

Mawnin English,

You're from the UK right? My friends is relocating here from Wembley next month and she wants to now how the adjustment is going. She's also a Ja'English. She'll be in Maryland for a while, then she's moving to Colorado.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok so now let's give him some space and see how he does, sounds like he's basically a good kid. i think it's hard for them to try and stay true to themselves in a new environment and , he's trying to learn how to get on.

good morning

MAWNIN JENGS,

I use AJ or AA. AA bumped me before, but I didn't mind. The guys wife was in labor and they put me in a nice hotel in Atlanta.

morning ms. LAWNY,

how u do?? Mi deh yah. I'll be cleaning today and doing the dreaded laundry. lol

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Ok so now let's give him some space and see how he does, sounds like he's basically a good kid. i think it's hard for them to try and stay true to themselves in a new environment and , he's trying to learn how to get on.

good morning

MAWNIN JENGS,

morning ms. LAWNY,

how u do?? Mi deh yah. I'll be cleaning today and doing the dreaded laundry. lol

JENGS,

Mi deh yah a rally back and a do some wurk. Didn't feel like driving to DC to day so I'm at work and my son is running around the house driving me insane. He wants curry goat for dinner and I hope it don't take long to cook. I don't like using a pressure cooker, so I guess he won't eat until after 5 today. I do don't housework on the weekend. I refuse to. I do it during the week little by little. I'm a morning person so I get up at around 4:30 and exercise then do what needs to be done including laudry then me gaan to wurk...I love cleaning though. I just love to see things nice and neat and clean and smelling good. My kitchen and bathroom have to be ABOSOLUTELY CLEAN...or it drives me nuts. Maybe sitin wrang wid mi.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has anyone ever been taken into a room in Jamaica for questioning about why you travel to JA so often? One of my girlfriends has to go through this every since she told them she was dating a guy that lived there. Just curious...

I have never heard of this, and I have NEVER encountered this problem...and I have been going down there every 2 or 3 months for the last 3 years! Every time I would go, I would say I was visiting my boyfriend/fiance, and it was never a problem. They would ask me where and I would give his address, and they'd just say "enjoy your stay." And now that I say I'm staying with my husband, I guess there's no reason to question anything...That definitely is strange though.

Nope. Not me either. I went every month for almost 2 years. I got questioned a little more then I thought necessary sometimes; but never detained in some room. I would not have been happy.

I never had problems either....only questioned a few times. Once they questioned me for 20 minutes because they didn't believe I worked for the State Department. Now I travel with my diplomatic passport so they haven't bothered me since.

Wonder if I can get one of those since I have high clearance. Girl, I'm sick of them and I know the only reason they harras me is because of the amount of trips I've made in the pass. It's embrassing, people watch you being lead away to a room by two officers. I think next time I'm going to do my Pattie Label move and lay on the floor start bawling and rolling. Last time my flight got into Baltimore at 9pm and I didn't leave out of there until 10:45. I was hungry, tired and sick. And the too keep track of things, because the last time the IO asked me if I was ill on my last trip and I said yes. Then after I'm questioned, they get that STINKING dutty DOG to prance all over my luggage. At least no one was around to see that. Everyone had already gone through.

Good morning VJ family.

I had 20+ trips under my belt before I decided to travel with my dip passport and ID. They never believe where I work when I'm questioned....I don't know why. The officers used to give my co-worker a hard time too. She's travels to JA every other month and they stopped bothering her when she flashed her dip passport.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning Everyone. it took me 15 minutes to read all the posts from last night! :-)

It is finally sunny here ...COLD .... but sunny. The sun makes me happy. All the snow and grey skies are so depressing.

I cannot wait until April and 2 glorious weeks in St Lucia.

I have a little question...

How long after my man arrives and we get married would it be possible to leave the country?

My boss offered to pay for our Honeymoon!!! And I think we will have to stay in the US which is fine but oh the possibilities if we can leave the country!!! The trip would be my 10 year at the job gift!!!

I am thinking about Big Sur and driving the Pacific coast highway if we stay in the US. I have never been to CA and always wanted to see Big Sur ... and it turns out the mountains are called the Santa Lucia mountains... its a sign!! :-)

Thanks all!

Cat

That's so nice of your boss. The Big Sur sounds nice.

Has anyone ever been taken into a room in Jamaica for questioning about why you travel to JA so often? One of my girlfriends has to go through this every since she told them she was dating a guy that lived there. Just curious...

I have never heard of this, and I have NEVER encountered this problem...and I have been going down there every 2 or 3 months for the last 3 years! Every time I would go, I would say I was visiting my boyfriend/fiance, and it was never a problem. They would ask me where and I would give his address, and they'd just say "enjoy your stay." And now that I say I'm staying with my husband, I guess there's no reason to question anything...That definitely is strange though.

Nope. Not me either. I went every month for almost 2 years. I got questioned a little more then I thought necessary sometimes; but never detained in some room. I would not have been happy.

I never had problems either....only questioned a few times. Once they questioned me for 20 minutes because they didn't believe I worked for the State Department. Now I travel with my diplomatic passport so they haven't bothered me since.

Wonder if I can get one of those since I have high clearance. Girl, I'm sick of them and I know the only reason they harras me is because of the amount of trips I've made in the pass. It's embrassing, people watch you being lead away to a room by two officers. I think next time I'm going to do my Pattie Label move and lay on the floor start bawling and rolling. Last time my flight got into Baltimore at 9pm and I didn't leave out of there until 10:45. I was hungry, tired and sick. And the too keep track of things, because the last time the IO asked me if I was ill on my last trip and I said yes. Then after I'm questioned, they get that STINKING dutty DOG to prance all over my luggage. At least no one was around to see that. Everyone had already gone through.

Good morning VJ family.

I had 20+ trips under my belt before I decided to travel with my dip passport and ID. They never believe where I work when I'm questioned....I don't know why. The officers used to give my co-worker a hard time too. She's travels to JA every other month and they stopped bothering her when she flashed her dip passport.

I'm going to look into that. I'm so sick of the harrasment. I would think that they would be more understand since I am a born Jamaican and a majority of my family is still in Jamaica. The get the DA certificate everytime they question me. It's just embrassing, because while your standing at the station and they're asking you questions, 2 officers come and escort you to a room and everyone is looking at you like ummmmmm okay I wonder what she did

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Good morning Everyone. it took me 15 minutes to read all the posts from last night! :-)

It is finally sunny here ...COLD .... but sunny. The sun makes me happy. All the snow and grey skies are so depressing.

How long after my man arrives and we get married would it be possible to leave the country?

My boss offered to pay for our Honeymoon!!! And I think we will have to stay in the US which is fine but oh the possibilities if we can leave the country!!! The trip would be my 10 year at the job gift!!!

I am thinking about Big Sur and driving the Pacific coast highway if we stay in the US. I have never been to CA and always wanted to see Big Sur ... and it turns out the mountains are called the Santa Lucia mountains... its a sign!! :-)

Thanks all!

Cat

yeah! I was pretty excited! The company I work for represents alot of European Hotels so I would love to bring Louis to Italy but I am not sure how soon it will be possible to leave the US??!!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. I just finished shoveling about 5 inches of snow <_< . I am so over it!

If anyone has a general knowledge of UK immigration please p.m. me. I'll be out for most of the day and will get back to you later today.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Michele

Hey Michele I understand about the snow we should be getting more on Sunday. The news said we had 22 days of snow in Feb. It would be nice to see a blade of grass. Hubby says winter is the worst season of all :lol:

Wow,

It's going to be a SUNNY 60 degrees in Washington DC on Monday. I'll send some your way.

Whoops I mean Monday. Today its rainy and then 3 more inches on Monday.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Mawnin English,

You're from the UK right? My friends is relocating here from Wembley next month and she wants to now how the adjustment is going. She's also a Ja'English. She'll be in Maryland for a while, then she's moving to Colorado.

Well, I can't say it's been at all hard to adjust really....One of the main things was probably which food brands and clothing brands to buy....Luckily my MIL has similar tastes so was a breeze for me!

Also, you HAVE to drive here!

I really enjoy driving though, have to remind myself of what side I should be on a few times though!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning VJ family.

I'm going to look into that. I'm so sick of the harrasment. I would think that they would be more understand since I am a born Jamaican and a majority of my family is still in Jamaica. The get the DA certificate everytime they question me. It's just embrassing, because while your standing at the station and they're asking you questions, 2 officers come and escort you to a room and everyone is looking at you like ummmmmm okay I wonder what she did

I wonder what she did to? I have been traveling for 10 years and have many trips under my belt. I don't get harrased upstairs at all. 3 of my best friends are immigration officers. I try to wait and see if I can get them to check me in and if they don't I just tell the lady or man to say hi to them for me and tell them to call me. I usually get harassed about bring items for people. I have only been searched once. Hopefully when I go down this summer they won't say a thing when I have a baby.

Thanks all!

Cat

yeah! I was pretty excited! The company I work for represents alot of European Hotels so I would love to bring Louis to Italy but I am not sure how soon it will be possible to leave the US??!!

Wow that is so awesome!!! Have fun!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.