Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has anyone ever been taken into a room in Jamaica for questioning about why you travel to JA so often? One of my girlfriends has to go through this every since she told them she was dating a guy that lived there. Just curious...

I have never heard of this, and I have NEVER encountered this problem...and I have been going down there every 2 or 3 months for the last 3 years! Every time I would go, I would say I was visiting my boyfriend/fiance, and it was never a problem. They would ask me where and I would give his address, and they'd just say "enjoy your stay." And now that I say I'm staying with my husband, I guess there's no reason to question anything...That definitely is strange though.

Nope. Not me either. I went every month for almost 2 years. I got questioned a little more then I thought necessary sometimes; but never detained in some room. I would not have been happy.

I never had problems either....only questioned a few times. Once they questioned me for 20 minutes because they didn't believe I worked for the State Department. Now I travel with my diplomatic passport so they haven't bothered me since.

Goodnite kimmy..

I have been asked what was I doing over there all by myself. :blink: As if he really wanted to know the answer.

How much do ya'll pay for a can of ACKEE?

$19.00 last time I bought it. And, it's hard to find. A damn rip off.....it was only $10.99 this time last year. I'm bringing a whole suitcase of ackee back next trip!

12.00 bucks over here. How can you bring it back? That's the one they allways ask us if we have on the way back in.

Its about $14 last i checked here. I brought back a big bag of it last time I went...think i paid 200J for it and it was packed! I get the saltfish for too much money here though. But now, I just will have to always bring back ackee.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has anyone ever been taken into a room in Jamaica for questioning about why you travel to JA so often? One of my girlfriends has to go through this every since she told them she was dating a guy that lived there. Just curious...

I have never heard of this, and I have NEVER encountered this problem...and I have been going down there every 2 or 3 months for the last 3 years! Every time I would go, I would say I was visiting my boyfriend/fiance, and it was never a problem. They would ask me where and I would give his address, and they'd just say "enjoy your stay." And now that I say I'm staying with my husband, I guess there's no reason to question anything...That definitely is strange though.

Nope. Not me either. I went every month for almost 2 years. I got questioned a little more then I thought necessary sometimes; but never detained in some room. I would not have been happy.

I never had problems either....only questioned a few times. Once they questioned me for 20 minutes because they didn't believe I worked for the State Department. Now I travel with my diplomatic passport so they haven't bothered me since.

Goodnite kimmy..

I have been asked what was I doing over there all by myself. :blink: As if he really wanted to know the answer.

$19.00 last time I bought it. And, it's hard to find. A damn rip off.....it was only $10.99 this time last year. I'm bringing a whole suitcase of ackee back next trip!

12.00 bucks over here. How can you bring it back? That's the one they allways ask us if we have on the way back in.

Blanched and frozen in zip lock bags. I've done it a few times with no problems.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
EXPERT MOMS....my 4 year old son is about to eat every damnnn thing in the house. Since 2 pm he's had brownstew chicken with rice, some fish soup, noodles, and now he just finished his second bowl of cereal. And he's still SKINNY....I guess he didn't get my genes.

They are weard..mine went through a phase where they'd eat everyting in sight and another phase where they would not eat anyting at all..little or next to nuttin.

right??!! now my little man is going thru his cereal stage and all he want is cornflakes with warm milk..that is soooo boring, all the cereal dem in big america and he want cornflakes.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lawny,

did u mention the club crossroads, i've heard about that club. Is it good, people also keep dances there right?

I know you asked Lawny but it's our favorite club. We go every couple of months. They usually have good concerts - we saw Movado, Buju, Beenie, Richie Spice, Capleton last year.

thanks for answering, Lawny too busy for mi, I had heard that people were trying to stop dances in M.D. someone I knew actually got arrested the night of her dance can't remember the place she was supposed to have it.

Yeah, they shut down 9 clubs last summer for two weeks, I think. They mainly wanted to shut down go-go (DC's music) clubs due to the violence. Security is super tight at the Crossroads. I feel safe going there...haven't had any problems.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lawny Kashi just did a seh yesterday seh him feel fi chicken foot..Jengs mi can si the house a pap dung when you put foot pon di table.. :lol:

Nanny mi a go try the pills fi real..

OKKKK, can u see dat, cause mi cyan see it too, trust me i can see my son dialing 911. but fi real - chicken foot have meat pon it, fi stew.

Lawny,

did u mention the club crossroads, i've heard about that club. Is it good, people also keep dances there right?

I know you asked Lawny but it's our favorite club. We go every couple of months. They usually have good concerts - we saw Movado, Buju, Beenie, Richie Spice, Capleton last year.

thanks for answering, Lawny too busy for mi, I had heard that people were trying to stop dances in M.D. someone I knew actually got arrested the night of her dance can't remember the place she was supposed to have it.

Yeah, they shut down 9 clubs last summer for two weeks, I think. They mainly wanted to shut down go-go (DC's music) clubs due to the violence. Security is super tight at the Crossroads. I feel safe going there...haven't had any problems.

wow, they weren't playing. ok i thought what was going on was due to violience in the dancehall

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Blanched and frozen in zip lock bags. I've done it a few times with no problems.

I had never heard that term before. I googled it though. Not sure if my ackee was blanched before they froze it. I need to ask hubby about that, cause his friend packed it for me.

Timeline
Lawny,

My husband would be so envious...we are supposed to going to see somebody tonight, that is If my husband hurrys up and comes home. I'm bout to fall asleep. :blink:

Have fun. We're boring this weekend. Damien is flicking channels between soccer, boxing and basketball :help: He is glued to the TV. I'm going to bed.

Timeline

I had never heard that term before. I googled it though. Not sure if my ackee was blanched before they froze it. I need to ask hubby about that, cause his friend packed it for me.

Yah, MIL did it all for me. But, I saw some of what she did.

Lawny,

My husband would be so envious...we are supposed to going to see somebody tonight, that is If my husband hurrys up and comes home. I'm bout to fall asleep. :blink:

Have fun. We're boring this weekend. Damien is flicking channels between soccer, boxing and basketball :help: He is glued to the TV. I'm going to bed.

We walked up to a couple local antique shops, played basketball out in the beautiful 60 degree weather, and now I'm chillin' while hubby is working. Kids are goofing off in the other room way too loudly.

Probably more of the same tomorrow.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Lawny Kashi just did a seh yesterday seh him feel fi chicken foot..Jengs mi can si the house a pap dung when you put foot pon di table.. :lol:

OKKKK, can u see dat, cause mi cyan see it too, trust me i can see my son dialing 911. but fi real - chicken foot have meat pon it, fi stew.

Lawny,

wow, they weren't playing. ok i thought what was going on was due to violience in the dancehall

Crossroads was the only Caribbean club was closed. The others were go-go clubs. Crossroads had their share of violence but nothing lately. It used to be on Dancehall Sunday nights but I think it was due to the age limit 18. We go on Fridays or Saturday...an older crowd.

They also have good food....brunch on Sundays...all you can eat ackee and saltfish...

Timeline

:ot:

Hey Ladies and Guys,

I am having Evan send me some forms that I needed from him for filing my taxes and I figured I should have him send the other stuff for the visa that I will need when our case is sent to the NVC (God Willing). Could you tell me what I should have him send me and fill out. I know most of the stuff but just want to make sure I am not forgetting to ask for something that I should ask for. JA snail mail is ridiculous sometimes so if it can all come together that would be great.

Also, any newer CR1/IR1 folks know if there is a such thing as a packet 3 and 4 now? I think those are essentially gone since NVC takes care of everything including appointments.

Thanks ALL! :star:(F)

Timeline

Lita what do you already have?

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Oh poor boy, I can relate I came here when I was seven and the same stuff happened to me, with people trying to pick on me because of my accent and stuff.

he's trying to fit in. it is hard at that age esp when in new country and new school. I got moved because a jamaican teacher told them the school was doing nothing for me. what grade is he in. if he's coming from england he's should be in the first grade over here. if he is bored in school then he will most definetly act out

He's 7 and in 3rd grade....Academically he's FINE....At this new school they don't tease him, that why I'm just at such a loss as what to do with him....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

I did a search and found this store that has it for $10.99 a can - never shopped from them before, but they have a lot of products.

http://stores.xnicstore.com/-strse-527/ack...ican/Detail.bok

Brownskinn - I give you a lot of credit with your job = I started working with dually diagnosed adults, then autistic, when I was in college - went deeper into the field till I was directing a program. I got injured (shoulder and neck) dealing with an aggressive client, so I had to make a career change.

It's a rewarding career and I loved it - but you have to have the patience of a saint!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline

Lawny,

Crossroads was the only Caribbean club was closed. The others were go-go clubs. Crossroads had their share of violence but nothing lately. It used to be on Dancehall Sunday nights but I think it was due to the age limit 18. We go on Fridays or Saturday...an older crowd.

They also have good food....brunch on Sundays...all you can eat ackee and saltfish...

GOOD MORNING MY BEAUTIFUL SITAHS........another day at work. I feel asleep at 10pm last night in front of the computer...What a shame. Work up at 2am and have not been able to go back to sleep. I need to stop doing this to myself. Mek mi catch up on mi reading.

Hey my sjb,

My brother was there the night of the shoot inside CR I had left a hour before. Same here, I only go on Fridays and Saturdays, but the shoot happened on Saturday. and stop petty...somone bumped into another person.

I did a search and found this store that has it for $10.99 a can - never shopped from them before, but they have a lot of products.

http://stores.xnicstore.com/-strse-527/ack...ican/Detail.bok

Brownskinn - I give you a lot of credit with your job = I started working with dually diagnosed adults, then autistic, when I was in college - went deeper into the field till I was directing a program. I got injured (shoulder and neck) dealing with an aggressive client, so I had to make a career change.

It's a rewarding career and I loved it - but you have to have the patience of a saint!

Thanks I'll let them know about the ACKEE...I think that's an expensive dish to serve at a wedding.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

Okay. Now mi readi fi chat. Unu wah some a mi breakfast

green bannanas, liver and a big CUP a milo and some tough crackers........

Gill, you done pack.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.