Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My head hurts so bad I'm tyred of breaking up fights today...45min and I'm out :blush:

a who a fight..lawd dem no grown ppl

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
My head hurts so bad I'm tyred of breaking up fights today...45min and I'm out :blush:

a who a fight..lawd dem no grown ppl

Dat mi did ago ask ar

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

go inna it Lawn mi deh yere a tek in yuh MEEZ pon di run way ..she a getz down inna har pink fraock an orange hair :lol:

DW..... u mad fi real. Yea man...mi dehyah in mi frack a pop style hope mi wig no drap aff. How much fi a can a ackee up so Kimmy

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't eat ackee Lawny, that's why I didn't answer... Do you go to the caribbean market on University Blvd?

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

I don't eat ackee Lawny, that's why I didn't answer... Do you go to the caribbean market on University Blvd?

yea Sunny we go there, but my friends and I are trying to find it for less than $9.00 a can. Some places were charging $20.00 last year. I usually have enough leave from when we go home in the summer, but we had a lot of company for thanksgiving and christmas and we cooked it all. Now I don't have any left and have to settle for the can ACKEE :crying: ...cho mi always a bawl.

I love ACKEE, but I have to be in the mood to eat it. Don't scream, but I would love some BROWNSTEW CHICKEN FOOT right now with white rice.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

yea Sunny we go there, but my friends and I are trying to find it for less than $9.00 a can. Some places were charging $20.00 last year. I usually have enough leave from when we go home in the summer, but we had a lot of company for thanksgiving and christmas and we cooked it all. Now I don't have any left and have to settle for the can ACKEE :crying: ...cho mi always a bawl.

I love ACKEE, but I have to be in the mood to eat it. Don't scream, but I would love some BROWNSTEW CHICKEN FOOT right now with white rice.

Ok so I said I was going to bed but I cant get off this computer....

I am sure there is a ton of Caribbean markets near you but there is a little one on Chillum Rd in Mt Rainier... I was just there and I think they had some ackee. My friend lives around the corner - I will have her check I and can let you know. They had a bunch of things in there....

Maybe you can tell me.... What is a "soft chicken"??? :-)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Ok so I said I was going to bed but I cant get off this computer....

I am sure there is a ton of Caribbean markets near you but there is a little one on Chillum Rd in Mt Rainier... I was just there and I think they had some ackee. My friend lives around the corner - I will have her check I and can let you know. They had a bunch of things in there....

Maybe you can tell me.... What is a "soft chicken"??? :-)

Thanks Irie, I know that store, my friend owns it. But it's a certain brand of can ackee I eat andI can't remember the name of it. I just know the can is GREEN and white. Soft chicken, where did that name come from? Maybe it's brownstew chicken.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
on at his old school and how he thought the kids would feel that he was doing this to them.

Would love to hear any suggestions, input, anything you have to offer!

Ditto! not sure. I've been dealing with some of the same except we went from very well mannered childen to the ones you described. My 9 year old hasn't...that've heard- picked up anyof the behavior, but he often comes home with complaints that the kids are picking on him. My responce is usually stay away from people like that you go to school to learn, blah, blah. The last time I approached a little one for pickin on my son the next day they were back the best of friends, I was more upset over the situation apparently than they were. I'm trying to let him fight his own battles. It sounds like you did a good job with what you did do.

I can type everything but my damn paper :wacko::help:

My son has NEVER displayed these traits to my knowledge.

In England, there was a boy with learning difficulties in his class who wasn't allowed out at recess, my son would VOLUNTEER to stay with him and play with him during recess....

It saddens me to think that he's now acting in this way...

Oh poor boy, I can relate I came here when I was seven and the same stuff happened to me, with people trying to pick on me because of my accent and stuff.

he's trying to fit in. it is hard at that age esp when in new country and new school. I got moved because a jamaican teacher told them the school was doing nothing for me. what grade is he in. if he's coming from england he's should be in the first grade over here. if he is bored in school then he will most definetly act out

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

on at his old school and how he thought the kids would feel that he was doing this to them.

Would love to hear any suggestions, input, anything you have to offer!

Ditto! not sure. I've been dealing with some of the same except we went from very well mannered childen to the ones you described. My 9 year old hasn't...that've heard- picked up anyof the behavior, but he often comes home with complaints that the kids are picking on him. My responce is usually stay away from people like that you go to school to learn, blah, blah. The last time I approached a little one for pickin on my son the next day they were back the best of friends, I was more upset over the situation apparently than they were. I'm trying to let him fight his own battles. It sounds like you did a good job with what you did do.

I can type everything but my damn paper :wacko::help:

My son has NEVER displayed these traits to my knowledge.

In England, there was a boy with learning difficulties in his class who wasn't allowed out at recess, my son would VOLUNTEER to stay with him and play with him during recess....

It saddens me to think that he's now acting in this way...

Oh poor boy, I can relate I came here when I was seven and the same stuff happened to me, with people trying to pick on me because of my accent and stuff.

he's trying to fit in. it is hard at that age esp when in new country and new school. I got moved because a jamaican teacher told them the school was doing nothing for me. what grade is he in. if he's coming from england he's should be in the first grade over here. if he is bored in school then he will most definetly act out

JENGS,

Weh u deh from mawnin light. How u do?

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. I just finished shoveling about 5 inches of snow <_< . I am so over it!

If anyone has a general knowledge of UK immigration please p.m. me. I'll be out for most of the day and will get back to you later today.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Michele

Hey Michele I understand about the snow we should be getting more on Sunday. The news said we had 22 days of snow in Feb. It would be nice to see a blade of grass. Hubby says winter is the worst season of all :lol:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. I just finished shoveling about 5 inches of snow <_< . I am so over it!

If anyone has a general knowledge of UK immigration please p.m. me. I'll be out for most of the day and will get back to you later today.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Michele

Hey Michele I understand about the snow we should be getting more on Sunday. The news said we had 22 days of snow in Feb. It would be nice to see a blade of grass. Hubby says winter is the worst season of all :lol:

Wow,

It's going to be a SUNNY 60 degrees in Washington DC on Monday. I'll send some your way.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK, MEK MI GI OONUH A LIKLE JOKE BOUT HUBBY NO TELL HIM MI TELL ONUH....SO MI BUY A PACK A ice pops lasts night fi si if it wi do mi any good...mi come neva feel good and tell him mi soon come help pack out di bags..by time mi get up bags done pack..thats was nice :) well dis morning mi a look fi mi ice pops weh dem deh..inna di cupboard...mi couldn't do nuttin more dan clean up the spill..him seh ..oh shoot mi not even realize dem frozen :lol::lol: an bwoy mi want one right now :yes:

DWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (mi gladd)...my ex use to do the same thing. DWL LAUGH...

Now me mek mi give u joke,

I know it's 2008 and you're suppose to be kind to your neighbors, as I've been. But I've been her 3 years now and well, as nice as my neighbor is (SHE NEED FI GO BUY A BAG A BBCLAAT SUGAH). Still, I'm nice and I give her what she ask for. Well, I couldn't take it any more and well, she usually comes around the 1st of the MONTH and I just had to do it.........

I went to COSTCO and bought a 5 lbs (DI BIG RASS BAG) a sugah. She was speechless. She loves to bakes cookies for the kids in the neighborhood and stuff. I hope she don't take this the wrong way. :devil: Mi luv ar still.

Ditti on the congrats Irie..I wanna go to St. Lucia... :wacko:

Kimmy tap eeh noise...u naw go no weh wid u big belli :whistle:

Lawny

u a call di woman wid sweetness, lol, this is too funny. I was on the phone and had to come when i read this post and it didn't help that my friend was telling a not so good story and i didn't want to buss out laughing at the wrong moment.

but for a saturday, oonu chat up nuff sintings, mi just a catch up now,

Kimmy

Yo, Kashi put the popsicles in the cupboard??!!! Poor guy!!! Him stress out, poor you and u can taste one right now right??? just mix up so kool aid and water and freeze it and voila! ice pop dem and dem will taste better den the ones that melted last night

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

OK, MEK MI GI OONUH A LIKLE JOKE BOUT HUBBY NO TELL HIM MI TELL ONUH....SO MI BUY A PACK A ice pops lasts night fi si if it wi do mi any good...mi come neva feel good and tell him mi soon come help pack out di bags..by time mi get up bags done pack..thats was nice :) well dis morning mi a look fi mi ice pops weh dem deh..inna di cupboard...mi couldn't do nuttin more dan clean up the spill..him seh ..oh shoot mi not even realize dem frozen :lol::lol: an bwoy mi want one right now :yes:

DWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (mi gladd)...my ex use to do the same thing. DWL LAUGH...

Now me mek mi give u joke,

I know it's 2008 and you're suppose to be kind to your neighbors, as I've been. But I've been her 3 years now and well, as nice as my neighbor is (SHE NEED FI GO BUY A BAG A BBCLAAT SUGAH). Still, I'm nice and I give her what she ask for. Well, I couldn't take it any more and well, she usually comes around the 1st of the MONTH and I just had to do it.........

I went to COSTCO and bought a 5 lbs (DI BIG RASS BAG) a sugah. She was speechless. She loves to bakes cookies for the kids in the neighborhood and stuff. I hope she don't take this the wrong way. :devil: Mi luv ar still.

Ditti on the congrats Irie..I wanna go to St. Lucia... :wacko:

Kimmy tap eeh noise...u naw go no weh wid u big belli :whistle:

Lawny

u a call di woman wid sweetness, lol, this is too funny. I was on the phone and had to come when i read this post and it didn't help that my friend was telling a not so good story and i didn't want to buss out laughing at the wrong moment.

but for a saturday, oonu chat up nuff sintings, mi just a catch up now,

Kimmy

Yo, Kashi put the popsicles in the cupboard??!!! Poor guy!!! Him stress out, poor you and u can taste one right now right??? just mix up so kool aid and water and freeze it and voila! ice pop dem and dem will taste better den the ones that melted last night

Yea Jengs a mi likkle friend...more time she wah sidung an chat, but she wah tell mi bout ar rotten pickney dem and how dem ungrateful...mi now seh she have wholeep a sugah a fi ar yard...but the look on her face when I lift up the 5 pound bag was PRICELESS

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.