Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I pray to GOD any child of mine never loses their mind and raises a hand to me. Because TRUST ME, I'd end up in jail.

I know only too well how involved child proctection services can get, a friend of mine had the school call them on her because her son said she hit him with a SLIPPER!

When I was young, I got hit with a leather BELT, branches, broomsticks, almost ANYTHING my father laid his hands on and I KNOW I'm a better person because of it.

My son has never needed that kind of punishment until now, just the odd smack here and there.

right back at yah...my dad never hit us. My grandmother raise my brother and I and let me tell you what she would do. If we did something wrong that warranted a beating, she would wait 2 to 3 weeks. Now, you would think she would have forgotten about it. Not my grandmother. You know TAMBRINE tree the switch/branch lawd ave merci. All dat can turn corners. I love her though. My mom did all the spanking and yes it was whatever she could find. One day she beat my brother with a loaf of hardough bread. I tell my mom every now and then she was a little harsh, she didn't give you time to explain yourself. My dad on the other hand, he never jumped to conclusion. He just listen and would say please don't do that again.

But like you've said, it's made you/US a better person. How it go again, spare the ROD and spoil the child...dat no mek eeh.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But like you've said, it's made you/US a better person. How it go again, spare the ROD and spoil the child...dat no mek eeh.

di Western govt dem nuh seh dem know more than di BIBLE, yuh lick yuh pickney wid a ROD and dem tek dem weh :unsure:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

di Western govt dem nuh seh dem know more than di BIBLE, yuh lick yuh pickney wid a ROD and dem tek dem weh :unsure:

dat mi a seh.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Unfortunately, the US government has taken away ALL of the power from well-meaning adults!! It's like they want to tell you HOW to raise YOUR own children, and won't let you do anything--and the moment your child gets out of hand or does something to someone else---then they're pointing the finger where???? BACK AT YOU!!! IT'S REALLY RIDICULOUS!! Now I will say that if I truly believe that there is some sort of malice or abuse going on, then heck yeah--lock the mama or dad or whoever it is up---and don't let them see daylight!! I hate anyone who abuses children!! :angry: But for those parents who aren't doing anything wrong, and simply trying to show children the consequences of their behaviors, then I say "go ahead". I mean, I got a few whippings from my mom, and I know exactly WHAT they were for, and you best believe, I learned my lesson. And when the Lord decides that it's time for me to be a parent, then you best believe I will be the same way. She never hurt us. And I think that's the difference. My husband feels the same way. To all of you who are trying to raise good-heartened, well-mannered, honest children---I GIVE YOU ALL THE PROPS IN THE WORLD!! I know you've got the toughest job in the world, and I commend you on your strength and diligence!! :)

BTW, I'm so bored here at work. The computer program that I use to type my notes in to just went down, so now I have nothing to do--but dress my MEEZ!!!! Who else is here?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Unfortunately, the US government has taken away ALL of the power from well-meaning adults!! It's like they want to tell you HOW to raise YOUR own children, and won't let you do anything--and the moment your child gets out of hand or does something to someone else---then they're pointing the finger where???? BACK AT YOU!!! IT'S REALLY RIDICULOUS!! Now I will say that if I truly believe that there is some sort of malice or abuse going on, then heck yeah--lock the mama or dad or whoever it is up---and don't let them see daylight!! I hate anyone who abuses children!! :angry: But for those parents who aren't doing anything wrong, and simply trying to show children the consequences of their behaviors, then I say "go ahead". I mean, I got a few whippings from my mom, and I know exactly WHAT they were for, and you best believe, I learned my lesson. And when the Lord decides that it's time for me to be a parent, then you best believe I will be the same way. She never hurt us. And I think that's the difference. My husband feels the same way. To all of you who are trying to raise good-heartened, well-mannered, honest children---I GIVE YOU ALL THE PROPS IN THE WORLD!! I know you've got the toughest job in the world, and I commend you on your strength and diligence!! :)

BTW, I'm so bored here at work. The computer program that I use to type my notes in to just went down, so now I have nothing to do--but dress my MEEZ!!!! Who else is here?

I'm glad I'm not the only one at work on a Saturday.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill, you so right about everi rahtid ting being slow a yard. Don't laugh, but Marcel just get the last 2 valentines day card dat mi mail the third week a January. Mi caan believe, well yes I can. An im right near mobay...mi no understand at all. Mi learn a lesson, mi naw send nutin FEDEX again...mi use DHL...FEDEX ask to much rass questions and wah too much paper wurk fi fill out.

Trelawny - I used USPS Express Mail - They say it took 6 days, but one time it got there faster than that - and it was $24 to send an express mail envelope. Cheaper than Fed Ex!

Anyone else have Verizon for cell phones? I have always had them, and never had a charge for texting to JA before - so I use that ALOT - Suddenly, this past month I am getting a $0.25 charge per text :girlwerewolf2xn:

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. I just finished shoveling about 5 inches of snow <_< . I am so over it!

If anyone has a general knowledge of UK immigration please p.m. me. I'll be out for most of the day and will get back to you later today.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Michele

Michele I will PM you

I have VZW and they charged my .25 per text as well!! I was wondering when they were going to catch onto that and make it an "additional" charge. Seems like whenever you find a good deal they discontinue it!

That's Verizon for you. I've been with them since 1988, when I had a PAGER (damnnnn Y'all remember having a PAGER). The company was Bell Atlantic Paging then they changed it to Bell Atlantic Mobile. My pager number if my cell phone number now. Back in the day, you could pick you pager number or cell number so I just kept it. So, I've been with them a long time and they are a PITA=Pain in the A$$. Only thing I like bout dem I can use my phone anywhere. Even on the subway. I had to fight with them to give me a new phone instead of a REFURBISH one. And I told them if this one gives me problems I'm coming right back. They accused me of negelecting my phone (I think that's what the DA manager said). I look like I had TEETH marks on my phone (#######). I told him to explain. He could not. I told him to cancel my contract. He comes back and tells me, oh, the phone was defective.

Teeth marks???!! LOL! Should have given HIM teeth marks. The coverage is the only reason I have stayed with them too, since 1995 - back when it was the bag phone. Wish I had kept that antique to show my kids our "cool" our phones were then. :whistle:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. I just finished shoveling about 5 inches of snow <_< . I am so over it!

If anyone has a general knowledge of UK immigration please p.m. me. I'll be out for most of the day and will get back to you later today.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Michele

michele you look so cute!!!!

sorry don't know much about uk.....

Thanks Shuana, now I have to figure out how to make my meez smaller; like yours. I wanted to give her a lot of shopping bags but I didn't like the animation that came with it. It has to be just right you know :blush: . I also have to work on the skin color it's not quite right :hehe:

to make it smaller...when you go into meez...put your cursor on my meez....then click export...click the meez you want then click next then click on 175x233 animated and that will give you the code to make it smaller!

Timeline
Gill, you so right about everi rahtid ting being slow a yard. Don't laugh, but Marcel just get the last 2 valentines day card dat mi mail the third week a January. Mi caan believe, well yes I can. An im right near mobay...mi no understand at all. Mi learn a lesson, mi naw send nutin FEDEX again...mi use DHL...FEDEX ask to much rass questions and wah too much paper wurk fi fill out.

Trelawny - I used USPS Express Mail - They say it took 6 days, but one time it got there faster than that - and it was $24 to send an express mail envelope. Cheaper than Fed Ex!

Anyone else have Verizon for cell phones? I have always had them, and never had a charge for texting to JA before - so I use that ALOT - Suddenly, this past month I am getting a $0.25 charge per text :girlwerewolf2xn:

really???? wow...i used to text mike a lot with my verizon....can you get a text back from JA??? i used to only be able to text him but couldn't get one back from him..

Timeline
Ok, so mi still deh pon di couch ....i had a apple sauce, canned pineapple, and pisa cane wid some coconut water last night thank you God it didn't come back up so that was my ONLY meal yesterday at 10pm...just before that I was spewing and started spewing blood :o i started freaking out hubby was freaking out..bawling long crocodile tears all a dat...mi call mi doc 1sec him call mi back...."Kimmy, what's going on"..Dr.C iahahaablah blah..bawling all a dat "Shau, listen is it getting worse ?" yes Dr..hmm "have we tried the steriods ?" no, whats ur pharmacy # i'll call some in for you blah blah blah..."dr.what r the side effects ? "they r perfectly safe no harm, just a bunch of pilss that r annoying to take" :cry: ok.."Kimmy, u r not scaring me, this happens the blood is not coming from ur stomach but rather the blood vessels in the back of ur throat, that has been irritated and is bleeding when u stress them"..."if the Zofran does not work over the weekend..come in on Monday, we proly need to set u up on intravenous" :o what r u kidding...ok i'll try and see this week.....

bwoy mi a tell yuh...mi did done yesterday...i was a mess...i pray this is the tale end of this and in 2 wks..rather today will be no more....

oh my goodness...wow (F) but...uuuhh....you better take those pills!!!!!!

Timeline

JA english...i think you handled your son very well....he needs to know his boundries and what is and is not allowed...

maybe acting out this way is his way of trying to get attention??? i know kids who sometimes act out are looking for any kind of attention...maybe he needs some just mommy time or just daddy time alone doing what he would like to do....if i could also suggest is after everyone has kinda cooled down...make a "rules" chart....that will remind him every day how he needs to act or treat other people...and like classy said keep a open communication with the school so they know you are working with him at home....

Timeline

I think I'm going to go out with my friends for lunch!! I'm supposed to be here at the office--but BLAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Mi waan be down in Ja wid mi husband!! :crying::crying::crying: I LOVE YOU GREGORY!!!! (L)

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Been having some problems with my son and school.

He started in the neighborhood elementary school which he complained about from day one.

The kids there were mean, spiteful, just plain horrible. He complained that they made fun of his accent, stole his stuff, pushed him around, used curse words to him.

Anyways, there was one boy picking on him time and time again, we complained to the teacher and she did various things, call the boy's parents in, detention etc, nothing worked.

Few weeks ago, they had a math night at the school and I went.

This was the first time I'd actually seen the kids in his class.

Now, while I am not getting at the kids themselves, I was disgusted.

The majority of them had uncombed hair, the girls had extensions that need doing, their clothes were dirty, the boys were wearing some HUGELY over sized clothes, etc etc. Of course it's the trifling PARENTS to blame.

So immediately I decided to move him.

We decided to send him to the school near my in laws house, this time I went to the school, saw the classrooms etc.

He started two weeks ago, absolutely LOVED it.

Came home saying how nice the kids were, he wasn't teased for his accent etc etc....

So you can imagine my horror, when this week he has

pushed a girl who was walking by for no reason

called a boy 'Miss'

used the 'f' word

when someone picked up his pencil, threw it back on floor

Lied about doing ALL the above.

The teacher called me on Thursday night, my son didn't bring home his agenda that night so had no clue until got a message.

I asked him why she wanted to speak to me, he confessed some, so put him on punishment that night.

Spoke to the teacher 10am Friday morning.

Told her about his old school, etc....

Yesterday afternoon when he got home, checked his agenda, there was a note from her saying that there was a boy with an eye defect in the class. Apparently my son had asked him why his eyes looked different and when the boy told him, he laughed at him.

I was so disgusted with him I gave him his first whipping, which in hindsight could get me in trouble, but frig that.

He's been in his room with no tv, no games, no PC no nothing and will stay in there until Monday. Also made him write apology letters to all the children concerned asking them for forgiveness.

But the worst thing about it is how MEAN he's become??

In SIX months, he's gone from being a wonderful kind child to being exactly the kind of bully he hates.

Really at a loss what to do if this type of behavior continues, and also really concerned that he'll be alienated by his class if he doesn't stop this ####### before it's too late.

My MIL and FIL both spoke to him about it, I've spoken to him about how he felt being picked on at his old school and how he thought the kids would feel that he was doing this to them.

Would love to hear any suggestions, input, anything you have to offer!

Please don't take this wrong, but, how old is your baby?

Jealous of the new baby, maybe?

When my son was 5, he had some issues with the fact that his grandfather committed suicide. The counselor told me it was partyly the fact that his world was different....spinning out of control....and he was grabbing on to the things he could control---even if it was his own bad behavior.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone ever been taken into a room in Jamaica for questioning about why you travel to JA so often? One of my girlfriends has to go through this every since she told them she was dating a guy that lived there. Just curious...

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Now, if my sister tells her daughter she's going to get a spanking, my niece replies, YOU CAN'T HIT ME OR YOU'LL GET LOCKED UP...that's what Ms. White says!

My friend's daughter tried that line ONCE - she replied, that you can go ahead and dial the police, I will hand you the phone - But trust me, you won't be alive to speak to them by the time they get here! She never tried it again.

Nanny, you can get a text back - but now it's a 5 cent or 15 cent charge - pisses me off, especially since I was a texting fool last month :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Thanks baby gurl...how u up so earli and u deh exercise and ave KEN inah di kitchen a cook, but unu easy

Mawning Lawny,

Yeah Man...Mama haffi guh workout before Mi siddung fuh mi big Saturday Morning breakfast...mi ope seh Ken mek som porridge!! Em bettah hurry up...mi soon done wid deh Gym! Han come home han nyam hup halla deh calories mi just burn hoff! :lol::lol:

Bless,

Gill

P.S.---GURL, CHECK OUT THIS LINK...#######!?!?!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=113407&hl=

NOW VSC decides to move at lightening pace!! (It's alright...G-d nuh duh nothing before it's time!) Gurl...yuh NOA2 should be RIGHT around the corner!!! :thumbs: FUH REAL!!!!

Gill,

Mi no know wah mi woudah duh widout u and Tonisha. Mi find out yesterday that they planning surprise engagement party for me, dem nevah sure when mi did a come. So, I only told his auntie since a dem a do the arangements. Marcel has no idea I'll be there next month. Im ago drive mi bad, bout mi tek 6 months fi come see im again. He think I'm coming back in JUNE...everi time im a mad up imself mi just a laugh. Girl his family loves me and I love them di same (except for the bbclatt AUNTIE) weh deh a New York...bout she a come a parti (fi wah) (******kissteeth***)

Ahh, that's sweet Lawny! He will have such a nice surprise!

Bless,

Gill

I hope so Gill. All his people kool but di one auntie. Bout mi ago tun im inna one yard bway. Might tun im inna sintin else :devil: ( ah joke)...damn I been at work since 5am. How do you politely tell someone they need to wear A LOT more dedoradant or to drink a gallon of listerine. OMG....I have to endure this for 9 hours. Please pray for me. Mi ave mi nice fry fish and bammi weh come fram Jamaica last night and mi no wah eat eeh.

Why yuh nuh waan fi eatie? Eat yuh breakfast yah Gurl!!

Wat time yuh a wuk til?

Bless,

Gill

Gurl,

They want mi to stay until 8pm, but I've been here since 5 dis mawnin. I have to go to California in a few weeks to help with a presentation and I do not want to go. I hate to FLY and I'll be there for almost 8 days. Cho man...mi jus wah go home and relax a little. Just sidung pon di beach all day and drink some TEA :thumbs:

Aw Lawny, yuh com a California?! Yuh kno yuh cyan check out me or Sonny or Jonesie. :blush:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.