Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
if i could get him to help more with the laundry we would have so much for time for rooksing pon di weekends :whistle::whistle::dance:

:devil: Mek im knoa dat Jengy! :yes::devil:

girl wha u a sey, mi tell him yesterday :blush::blush::blush:

no blasted sense ..none a di 2 a oonuh no ave...hahahaaa

Kimmy, have you tried Ginger? That's a great way to settle your stomach. If you can find a chinese market (I know there is one on Hope St in Stamford next to CVS), they sell ginger chews - you can also find Ginger tea. My friend is going through chemo right now, and if she tries to eat it comes back - if she drinks a cup of ginger tea or eats a chew first, she can keep the food down.

Hey..OH YES..ginger tea every morning..til mi figure out seh it DOESN"T WORK....haven't tried the chews..but i will..i'm trying anything ANYTHING !!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
yup, he is who he is, always remember that, and men ususally tell u what they are about in the first week of the relationship, we as women tend not to listen. but that is a next topic

Lawd Gawd if this ain't the truth!! :thumbs:

I hear so many woman wanting to change this or that or expecting something different than what they saw in the beginning, and then get all confused when it dont change.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
yup, he is who he is, always remember that, and men ususally tell u what they are about in the first week of the relationship, we as women tend not to listen. but that is a next topic

I hear so many woman wanting to change this or that or expecting something different than what they saw in the beginning, and then get all confused when it dont change.

one of my points exactly...change who he is for what !!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Unfortunately some people learn the hard way that you can't not change a person, they are who they are.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
i think that what u are saying would be valid in most situations, but in most of our situations, these men have no idea what america is all about. mr jengles won't stop saying that he doesn't want me to work even now that he is here. if they see us in their environment all the time, when they come into our environment, they are still bringing their ideas/culture with them.

To me a man does what needs to be done. period. My needs are different, now not saying it may not take a while for his to see that, but the need is there, fill that need and we will be golden. and as for stroking ego's, wish somebody could stroke mine.

Thats true and I definitely think there is a grace/adjustment period but if things are still the same way a couple years in without any adaption/compromise etc...then that is what causes the problem.

Yeah stroking of the egos definitely needs to be a two way street :yes:

Sure does. So if yuh man nah stroke yuh up, den yuh ave problems. Mi nah have dis problem :devil:

ok well it started off all nice and sweet....she would call all the time to see how i was...then she started having the kids call and ask for money and games all the expensive things.....mike would also talk about us sending for his mom...at the time i thought ok cool..i like her why not....well then things started going bad for mike and i...and she would call saying give him another chance...he doesn't know what he is doing he is bored give him another chance....as a fool i did....well when i dedided i needed time away from him....her calls stopped all together....she hasn't called me in months to not only see how i was but how her grandchild was.....well i found out by looking at the phone records...guess where mamma is...she is in Colorado on a work visa....and all mike could say was oopps i forgot....how does that happen....whatever i just shake my head....

Mi rahtidclaat a lie...OPPS UPSIDE IM head...oopssss......

:lol::lol:

Shauna..most moms r for their sons...wah u a go do...i don't even try

Kimmy,

Bway maybe Marcel madah different and I hope she stay the same. But Kim, mek mi tell u bout im aunti a Queens. Mi did afi tell ar 2 bbclaat in December. I didn't want to, but cho man...she grief mi. If gimme some stuff fi give ar and mi drive from Maryland go Queens fi delivah di things and the ooman no inna nutin put pure argument wid mi...why me wah dem wid ar young nephew and so on. Mi did wah tump ar inna ar tinkin mout. Soon aftah mi lef ar house she call jamaica and a chat all kind a rubbish. Bout ooman wid weave come ar door and reh...reh...bout bi FAT and all kind a sinting...bout im shouldn't deh wid mi. Come to find out she go church wid mi auntie, mi caan wait fi next weekend come and mi a go up deh fi award my auntie ago get a di church. Mi seh di ooman look like one run ovah mongose. Bout mi ago tun ar good, good nephew inna ediat inna AMERICA

Lawny,

u nah tell mi nuttin..no MIl neva nice like mine..until har son come a farrin....

see how dem brite

Isn't that the truth...it definitely changes when they actually get here.

Have to say a prayer of thanks for my mother in law here....She looks out for me 24/7...If it wasn't for her, I would have died of boredom....She looks out for my older son as if her was her flesh and blood....She cooks stuff for me at the drop of hat...She keeps reminding her son that he's lucky to have me....Thank you lord for my MIL!!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i think that what u are saying would be valid in most situations, but in most of our situations, these men have no idea what america is all about. mr jengles won't stop saying that he doesn't want me to work even now that he is here. if they see us in their environment all the time, when they come into our environment, they are still bringing their ideas/culture with them.

To me a man does what needs to be done. period. My needs are different, now not saying it may not take a while for his to see that, but the need is there, fill that need and we will be golden. and as for stroking ego's, wish somebody could stroke mine.

Thats true and I definitely think there is a grace/adjustment period but if things are still the same way a couple years in without any adaption/compromise etc...then that is what causes the problem.

Yeah stroking of the egos definitely needs to be a two way street :yes:

Sure does. So if yuh man nah stroke yuh up, den yuh ave problems. Mi nah have dis problem :devil:

Look at Lita, she a re-live her J.A. trip, glad to know hubby was stroking your ummmm, ego, yes that is it, :blink::thumbs::whistle:

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
ok well it started off all nice and sweet....she would call all the time to see how i was...then she started having the kids call and ask for money and games all the expensive things.....mike would also talk about us sending for his mom...at the time i thought ok cool..i like her why not....well then things started going bad for mike and i...and she would call saying give him another chance...he doesn't know what he is doing he is bored give him another chance....as a fool i did....well when i dedided i needed time away from him....her calls stopped all together....she hasn't called me in months to not only see how i was but how her grandchild was.....well i found out by looking at the phone records...guess where mamma is...she is in Colorado on a work visa....and all mike could say was oopps i forgot....how does that happen....whatever i just shake my head....

Mi rahtidclaat a lie...OPPS UPSIDE IM head...oopssss......

:lol::lol:

Shauna..most moms r for their sons...wah u a go do...i don't even try

Kimmy,

Bway maybe Marcel madah different and I hope she stay the same. But Kim, mek mi tell u bout im aunti a Queens. Mi did afi tell ar 2 bbclaat in December. I didn't want to, but cho man...she grief mi. If gimme some stuff fi give ar and mi drive from Maryland go Queens fi delivah di things and the ooman no inna nutin put pure argument wid mi...why me wah dem wid ar young nephew and so on. Mi did wah tump ar inna ar tinkin mout. Soon aftah mi lef ar house she call jamaica and a chat all kind a rubbish. Bout ooman wid weave come ar door and reh...reh...bout bi FAT and all kind a sinting...bout im shouldn't deh wid mi. Come to find out she go church wid mi auntie, mi caan wait fi next weekend come and mi a go up deh fi award my auntie ago get a di church. Mi seh di ooman look like one run ovah mongose. Bout mi ago tun ar good, good nephew inna ediat inna AMERICA

Lawny,

u nah tell mi nuttin..no MIl neva nice like mine..until har son come a farrin....

see how dem brite

Isn't that the truth...it definitely changes when they actually get here.

Have to say a prayer of thanks for my mother in law here....She looks out for me 24/7...If it wasn't for her, I would have died of boredom....She looks out for my older son as if her was her flesh and blood....She cooks stuff for me at the drop of hat...She keeps reminding her son that he's lucky to have me....Thank you lord for my MIL!!!

Praise be to God :dance:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

right because that is why we fell in love wid dem

if i could get him to help more with the laundry we would have so much for time for rooksing pon di weekends :whistle::whistle::dance:

Kimmy, have you tried Ginger? That's a great way to settle your stomach. If you can find a chinese market (I know there is one on Hope St in Stamford next to CVS), they sell ginger chews - you can also find Ginger tea. My friend is going through chemo right now, and if she tries to eat it comes back - if she drinks a cup of ginger tea or eats a chew first, she can keep the food down.

Hey..OH YES..ginger tea every morning..til mi figure out seh it DOESN"T WORK....haven't tried the chews..but i will..i'm trying anything ANYTHING !!!

have u been to a health food store, a chinese health food store, now i'm talking two different places. so like modern medicine nah work, and we might have to go hollistic here.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Yuh knoa! Seh if mi marry im wen im act like wan rass fool, den wha mi a do?

Timeline

right because that is why we fell in love wid dem

have u been to a health food store, a chinese health food store, now i'm talking two different places. so like modern medicine nah work, and we might have to go hollistic here.

no I haven't tried either of them..tell mi wah fi do mek mi rtry it..PLZZZZ

Timeline

So much chat gwaan tideh mi wish mi coulda stay but mi haffi go get ready fi wuk :crying:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Yuh knoa! Seh if mi marry im wen im act like wan rass fool, den wha mi a do?

tan wid di blasted fool..dats how some women get di idiots den have... :wacko: ...AGAIN IT'S ADJUSTMENT NOT CHANGE !!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Great topics :thumbs: I'll post my experince soon.

But I have question - Is there anything your SO won't do in the house?

Damien and I share the housework. We both clean and do our own laundry. I do majority of the cooking. My daughter does the dishes. However, the first year we lived together he would get so upset when I asked him to take the trash out. I mean we would get into huge drag out fights over the trash....our neighbors knocked on the door once because we were too loud. It wasn't like I woke him up in the middle of the night to take it out or anything like that. He would simply get upset because I asked him....the nerve of me.

be right back...

:o

The trash thing really surprised because he will clean up the entire house and will take the trash out. He's laid back and no problem helping out. The problem was "I" asked him. Maybe he felt like it was beneath him. We have since worked it out. It was so dumb to fight over.

Timeline

Look at Lita, she a re-live her J.A. trip, glad to know hubby was stroking your ummmm, ego, yes that is it, :blink::thumbs::whistle:

:devil::devil::blush:

im like dat mi put on deh weight dem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.