Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You know that they're still men (Jamaican or American or from anyweh)...still believes that a woman's place is in the kitchen. I guess if I grew up in dem times deh I would have no choice. But in 2008, I still see (some of my cousin that are in their 30s) still come home and play superwoman, because their men flat out REFUSE fi cook, clean, or look aftah pickney, but dem have time fi go sidung round domino table and drop hard. Bway mi no know...but dat is a hard pill fi mi swallow. My look pon mi aunti weh work 3-(12 hour) shifts as a ICU nurse, den afi come home and look aftah hubby and kids. When they came down for my baby shower 5 years ago, my auntie husband tell my daddy (im a do too much house work--- wah mi madda a do). My father tell im seh, u caan expect di ooman fi do everything. My auntie husband just kissteet and go hug up im red stripe...I caan tek im. Gaad know, mi no know how mi auntie tan wid im so rass lang...mi wouda avi push im baxide dung a flight a stairs.

Tre.....I rarely cook. Andre's better at it and works fewer hours around dinner time. I do all the dishes after he's messed up what seems like every single one in the kitchen. It works for us.

my husband and I both cook..cause him love home cooked food....if him hungry and mi no get to the kitchen u best believe him nah wait pon mi..him a go do it himself..there is no rule..I HAVE TO COOK

uumm, I cooked thanksgiving dinner, mr jengles cooks

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Timeline
ok well it started off all nice and sweet....she would call all the time to see how i was...then she started having the kids call and ask for money and games all the expensive things.....mike would also talk about us sending for his mom...at the time i thought ok cool..i like her why not....well then things started going bad for mike and i...and she would call saying give him another chance...he doesn't know what he is doing he is bored give him another chance....as a fool i did....well when i dedided i needed time away from him....her calls stopped all together....she hasn't called me in months to not only see how i was but how her grandchild was.....well i found out by looking at the phone records...guess where mamma is...she is in Colorado on a work visa....and all mike could say was oopps i forgot....how does that happen....whatever i just shake my head....

Mi rahtidclaat a lie...OPPS UPSIDE IM head...oopssss......

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok well it started off all nice and sweet....she would call all the time to see how i was...then she started having the kids call and ask for money and games all the expensive things.....mike would also talk about us sending for his mom...at the time i thought ok cool..i like her why not....well then things started going bad for mike and i...and she would call saying give him another chance...he doesn't know what he is doing he is bored give him another chance....as a fool i did....well when i dedided i needed time away from him....her calls stopped all together....she hasn't called me in months to not only see how i was but how her grandchild was.....well i found out by looking at the phone records...guess where mamma is...she is in Colorado on a work visa....and all mike could say was oopps i forgot....how does that happen....whatever i just shake my head....

:lol::lol:

Shauna..most moms r for their sons...wah u a go do...i don't even try

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Me either :no: I gave up trying a LONG time ago.

Shauna~ That is really messed up though. How do you forget something as big as that. I must say forgetfulness and memory loss sure do seem to be a common trait :whistle:

Kimmy,

Bway maybe Marcel madah different and I hope she stay the same. But Kim, mek mi tell u bout im aunti a Queens. Mi did afi tell ar 2 bbclaat in December. I didn't want to, but cho man...she grief mi. If gimme some stuff fi give ar and mi drive from Maryland go Queens fi delivah di things and the ooman no inna nutin put pure argument wid mi...why me wah dem wid ar young nephew and so on. Mi did wah tump ar inna ar tinkin mout. Soon aftah mi lef ar house she call jamaica and a chat all kind a rubbish. Bout ooman wid weave come ar door and reh...reh...bout bi FAT and all kind a sinting...bout im shouldn't deh wid mi. Come to find out she go church wid mi auntie, mi caan wait fi next weekend come and mi a go up deh fi award my auntie ago get a di church. Mi seh di ooman look like one run ovah mongose. Bout mi ago tun ar good, good nephew inna ediat inna AMERICA

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Kimmy,

Bway maybe Marcel madah different and I hope she stay the same. But Kim, mek mi tell u bout im aunti a Queens. Mi did afi tell ar 2 bbclaat in December. I didn't want to, but cho man...she grief mi. If gimme some stuff fi give ar and mi drive from Maryland go Queens fi delivah di things and the ooman no inna nutin put pure argument wid mi...why me wah dem wid ar young nephew and so on. Mi did wah tump ar inna ar tinkin mout. Soon aftah mi lef ar house she call jamaica and a chat all kind a rubbish. Bout ooman wid weave come ar door and reh...reh...bout bi FAT and all kind a sinting...bout im shouldn't deh wid mi. Come to find out she go church wid mi auntie, mi caan wait fi next weekend come and mi a go up deh fi award my auntie ago get a di church. Mi seh di ooman look like one run ovah mongose. Bout mi ago tun ar good, good nephew inna ediat inna AMERICA

Lawny,

u nah tell mi nuttin..no MIl neva nice like mine..until har son come a farrin....

see how dem brite

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kimmy,

Lawny,

u nah tell mi nuttin..no MIl neva nice like mine..until har son come a farrin....

see how dem brite

Isn't that the truth...it definitely changes when they actually get here.

I don't know wah she tink did a go happen...him lef mi and live with her...hmmm

Well, mi an i madah ago ave a serious talk in April. Mi naw ramp wid dem. Mi know realationship weh all bruk up cause a di mad mummah ar add relative and mi ave no time fi dat. Bettah im tan a im yard.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I don't know wah she tink did a go happen...him lef mi and live with her...hmmm

Well, mi an i madah ago ave a serious talk in April. Mi naw ramp wid dem. Mi know realationship weh all bruk up cause a di mad mummah ar add relative and mi ave no time fi dat. Bettah im tan a im yard.

exactly..i pay her no mind....don't even dog mi seh to har

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Me either :no: I gave up trying a LONG time ago.

Shauna~ That is really messed up though. How do you forget something as big as that. I must say forgetfulness and memory loss sure do seem to be a common trait :whistle:

i am done trying with her..she showed her true colors a while ago....i just didn't want to think ill of her....but it all kinda came to head when mike and i split....

jamie i SO agree with you!!!! it amazes me how i can tell mike something and then 10 minutes later....it is like i never told him something....i don't get it....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

screw the stupid in-laws, mi have no time fi dem, but by the way, i am just waiting for mr jengles to find his way back here and for his cousin to call here, that is if she is brave. cause den she will really find out why dem call my fadda people dem bull.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
screw the stupid in-laws, mi have no time fi dem, but by the way, i am just waiting for mr jengles to find his way back here and for his cousin to call here, that is if she is brave. cause den she will really find out why dem call my fadda people dem bull.

so mi seh tuh yaw .....hell and powda house....chop har claut jengs

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yah, I say that sort of thing all the time. And, in the end, I'm left wanting to toss the phone under the tires of my car!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.