Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wah gwan Jengles?

mi deh yah bored like hell :(

mi need a JOB!

well, if u must get a part time job, don't forget most companies over here only give 2 weeks vacation. so enjoy your time with your son.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jomo did u watch the Anthony Bourdan show on the Travel Channel. Where he is in Kingston. I love that show. Maybe because I love to travel. I have been blessed to travel a lot in my young life. I watch a lot of TV when I get home from work because of the little one. After being on my feet all day. I can't wait to go back to JA. It will be a little over a year when we go in July. It will be a little nerve racking flying alone with the little one.

Yes, that was his name. He's so crazy.

Andre could not get over how big and expensive that Rasta's house was!

It will be 2 years in June since we've gone back. Not looking good for this year either. (Sigh) one step at a time.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I feel your pain, JAE. Today is day #4 for me being home and I'm so stir crazy I could scream. I can't imagine it lasting much longer.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
don't need to be a downer....but i need to vent....i have talked to mike and he has just made me physically sick....i feel so drained and just sick to my stomach....everything is about him....he is stressed cause he has to pay rent and can't save....hello get another job he won't for whatever reason....we still have a family phone plan and well he went over on the minutes and then procedes to tell me oh ya i also called Canada and i didn't time myself but i talked for like 25 mins. so that is extra money on the bill for next month as well...and why can't i get over everything...he thought this was a new year and i should just get over it all...and i said what get over everything that you have said and done to me over the past year and not be angry or upset about anything....and he thinks yes i should be able to get over everything....also when is he going to get his green card...i meaning me needs to fill out the 1-90 to send in...yet i called the senator and i am waiting to here back...well that isn't good enough....blah blah blah blah.....30 mins of how he is so stressed and how can i do this to him bring him here and then do this....

you know am i crazy....i would think that i am not...but maybe i am....i don't know anymore....

I don't see anything in what you typed as to how he plans on changing. or not doing whatever it was again. like Jomo's girl said, fight for what u want or belive in. it's your relationship and you know what u want out of it. i hope u nicely called him back and told him, he would be paying for that extra call to canada. It sounds like he wants u back and maybe counseling can help. sometimes men need to hear it from an independent source. and as for the comment as to u bringing him here, remind him that he wanted to come and j.a. doors are always open.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wah gwan Jengles?

mi deh yah bored like hell :(

mi need a JOB!

well, if u must get a part time job, don't forget most companies over here only give 2 weeks vacation. so enjoy your time with your son.

When I have my whole summer off I go crazy. Thats why I have to teach summer school.

2 years Jomo how do u do it? This is one of the longest its been for me to go back. I know hubby is here but I have so many friends from teaching down there. This will be a short trip for me too only a week. I don't think I could last two weeks with a little one. I was trying to tell Dwain about the Rastas house and if he was well known but I forgot his name. I don't think I could eat like a Rasta either. I like the jerk meat to much.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Other Timeline
I just watched some program about Jamaica on the travel channel. Now, I'm watching "The Church and the Poor", also focused on Jamaica. Something tells me I needed a little more JA focus this weekend. Or, it could just be another Tylenol 3 induced stupor!!!! I gotta tell you.....hearing The Our Father sung with a Raggae beat is pretty darn cool.

Nanny......he isn't going to change. You are optimistic, just like all of us would be. Deep down we always hope they will validate all the hopes and dreams we put into them. Sometimes it is possible for them to change. Other times, not so much.

my thoughts to you is to put up with what YOU are comfortable with. If he can't change some of his ways, then he isn't the man you thought he was, nor will he ever be. I know that you are probably sitting there second guessing yourself. Some of it, true, may be something you need to work on. Other things....well, everyone has their limits. Fight for what you believe in and the things you want. Life is short and you deserve everything you hope and pray for. Plus, you have someone else who is dependent on you. He seems to be only looking out for himself.

From the stories on here, I know everyone has been through something especially traumatic in our lives, some over and over again. And, we've survived with our heads held high and basically in one piece. Please talk it out either in public or via PM. There are many wonderful women on here who can give you some sound advice.

YOU DESERVE MORE.......He needs to get his head out of his butt and realize that.

Ditto! I do believe in change, but he needs to be putting forth most if not all of the effort. The fact that he blames you for bringing him here and leaving as if he didn't have any say so in the matter is a major red flag. He shouldn't be blaming you for anything. JG is right, you have a life depending on you right now. A man dosen't have to be told to do what he has to do to take care of his family. I try not to comment on peoples situation, but I was married to a guy like your husband, and yes I left. I was his mama for 11 years.(Singing MJ's E-L-EVEN years of sac-ra-fice) and I dropped his rass a the drop of dime. You guys are young I don't want to say people never change but he has a lot of growing up to do. I didn't have enough guts to leave when I should have, but he also didn't put forth much effort at all in the realtionship. Don't second guess yourself. If he wants the relationship he'll figure out a way to convience you. You def. deserve better. (F)

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Mi gaane a mi bed, but mi ago lef unu wid dis...I went to happy hour with my co-workers cause I haven't been in 5 years (new mom) and mi tiyad. I have a few questions. Feel free to jump in and answer away

1. WHY THE HELL some WOMEN HAVE SIZE 13 FEET and wear SIZE 9 SHOES...

2. Spandex no meck fi every badi...

3. It's 21 DEGRESS outside and ICE is everywhere, why are you wearing 8 inch stilletoes (mi caan spell) SANDALS and finally,

4. I know it's not summer time yet and you got to look cute in the club, but if you're going to wear sandals (EARLY SUMMER WARNING)...RUB the ENTIRE jar of vaseline on the back of your ASHY, CRACK (look like you've been kicking CEMENT - heels) before you hop up on the BAR STOOL and cross your legs...okay

I'm going to watch Tom and Jerry now. bye bye...It's the STONE GINGER WINE...it makes me crazy

Oh my :lol::lol:

:ot: Question...

I was thinking do you ever think what other VJ'ers think about our Yardie thread??? I always wonder what the hell deh must think about our crazy thread! Like trying to read the Patois and what the heck is a "Yardie"? :lol::lol:

There was a while back when we had to defend this thread. They thought we were a bunch gansta's It was very funny.....We were always on top and people, I guess got tired of us filling up the main board with our chatting, that's how we got move down here to the regional form.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey All,

Just checking in from the library and the blasted space key nah wuk :protesting:

Just wanted to say Shauna that I TOTALLY feel your pain...TOTALLY! What others have said have been pretty dead on. I will get in touch with you on Monday. Hope your weekend gets better (((HUGS!!!)))

Lots of (L) all!

Jamie

Timeline

thanks everyone for your words of advice and support....at times yes i have 2nd guessed myself but when he talks like this to me i know i have done the right thing....counceling is a option...i will have to see after the likkle one is here what i want to do....i don't want to rehash things that are going to get me very upset!!!

again thanks for the words and advice it really helped me because at times i feel trapped in a corner and need to just vent and get it off my chest....

Timeline
I was trying to tell Dwain about the Rastas house and if he was well known but I forgot his name. I don't think I could eat like a Rasta either. I like the jerk meat to much.

Mutabaruka is a famous dub poet - http://www.mutabaruka.com/

I thought the Anthony Bourdain show was great - although I could have done without the bat cave, that was gross! There are so many beautiful waterfalls, etc... they could have picked a better activity. I thought he did a really good job of showcasing a variety of food and music, though.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
I was trying to tell Dwain about the Rastas house and if he was well known but I forgot his name. I don't think I could eat like a Rasta either. I like the jerk meat to much.

Mutabaruka is a famous dub poet - http://www.mutabaruka.com/

I thought the Anthony Bourdain show was great - although I could have done without the bat cave, that was gross! There are so many beautiful waterfalls, etc... they could have picked a better activity. I thought he did a really good job of showcasing a variety of food and music, though.

Thanks!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Eve'nin ladies.....ever have one of those days when you just don't feel like doing anything? Hope ya'll had a good night.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Alright......where is everyone? I'm so bored today.

I'm watching Food Network "Extreme Cakes".....It's not good--craving cake. Thursday we were watching the top 10 donuts in the US. Half-way through, I called my landlord and begged him to bring us some Krispy Cremes when he goes on his usual Thursday night grocery shopping. Best damn reheated to make them fresh again donuts I ever had.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

JAE, if I make it to D.C. again this year through work, I'm in.

LOL!! We went to Krispy Creme for V-day for desert. Sounds like me this weekend bored because I get paid on Monday. Plus I don't want to clean. I wish I won the mega millions and could get someone to clean our house.

This is interesting. Krispy Kremes doesnt really do that well where I live. My work building brings our office 4 dozen every friday and half the time they go to waste. Plus a few KK franchises have gone out of business here from when they opened up.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
:ot: Question...

I was thinking do you ever think what other VJ'ers think about our Yardie thread??? I always wonder what the hell deh must think about our crazy thread! Like trying to read the Patois and what the heck is a "Yardie"? :lol::lol:

There was a while back when we had to defend this thread. They thought we were a bunch gansta's It was very funny.....We were always on top and people, I guess got tired of us filling up the main board with our chatting, that's how we got move down here to the regional form.

Oh my gosh that is too funny! When was this? I would love to hear more about this story.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.