Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
All is well the world ladies, i'm eating my first serving of cornmeal porridge of the day.

Oh what I woudn't do to be eating some cornmeal porridge as well :blush: Enjoy Jengles!

So who out there actually gets to vote today? Our primary isn't for a few more weeks but we are all mail in votes so I have actually already voted :thumbs: It feels so good to vote and be a part of this amazing process.

well don't mean to rub it in, but it taste GOOD. I forgot it was voting day today.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Totally :ot:

Well guys and gals I got the RFE letter in the mail today. I don't have a scanner but will type as much as I can, here goes;

MISSIING DOCUMENT LIS FOR ..........(beneficiary's name)

_________________OF 230-I:____________________________________________

Please submit a completed copy of form DS230 Part 1, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data, for this applicant. In reviewing the form DS-230 Part 1 that you submitted, we note that you have either skipped Item 20 entirely or provided imcomplete information. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes. Your visa application cannot be processed until this form is complete.

A gap exists in your residency history of more than six months. When completing the information in Item #20, please refer to the following instructions below on how to obtain Police Certificates from these countries:

It goes on to give info about obtaining a police certificate although we have already submitted one. I plan on calling them this week to verify that they have the police cert.

Can anyone interpret this for me? I will update this thread when I am able to get through to the NVC while I wait for Mike to send a new DS-230 to me.

so they have the certificate that they are asking for??

Has he lived in ONLY Jamaica since he was 16? I am getting the impression they are saying he was out of the country for more then 6 months.

JG;

He was born in Jamaica and has lived at the same since. The problem on the form is where they ask for the address he lived and time he lived there I omitted to put say for example date he lived there to present. I left out "present" because I was supposed to handwrite it in because that field is a number field and I could not type it in when I filled the form in on the computer. I think the letter is generic and does not specifically apply to him because I called NVC and everything else is okay, even the ubsigned police cert.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
All is well the world ladies, i'm eating my first serving of cornmeal porridge of the day.

Oh what I woudn't do to be eating some cornmeal porridge as well :blush: Enjoy Jengles!

So who out there actually gets to vote today? Our primary isn't for a few more weeks but we are all mail in votes so I have actually already voted :thumbs: It feels so good to vote and be a part of this amazing process.

well don't mean to rub it in, but it taste GOOD. I forgot it was voting day today.

Jengy...please put dung deh porridge for a few minutes han guh vote...DUH!!!! :jest:

My boys and myself voted this morning! Didn't want to take a chance and miss being counted!!

It felt great...my boys were so excited about clicking the box of our candidate!! I've been taking them with me since they were two...so they are old pros at this point!

J.G., You get to vote today too....right? So does Lita!

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Other Timeline
fianlly some good news today.....i got approved for MA!!!! sssoo happy about that...interesting how it worked out...i had actually e-mailed the Governor about how i was in support if his health care idea and how it is frustrating for me who needs help and all the hoops i have to jump through....well guess who called the local office today to check on my case....the Gov's office....so the case worker called me just to let me know i was approved and hove to drop off a couple extra papers....i am just so happy this all came out the right way!!!!!!!!!

GOOD FOR YOU NANNY!!!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU THAT YOU STOOD UP FOR YOURSELF AND CALLED THE GOVERNOR!!!

Bless,

Gill

Ditto!!!!!...Morning!!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Jengles, if him cyaa hear, him will FEEL!

But God nah sleep, yuh nuh si him set up a plan fi yuh??

Is like him did wah Mr Jengles fi learn a lesson dat's why him mek him run gawn and a mek sure seh yuh criss up yah...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:thumbs: Yup! I went out early this morning and voted after watching the news and hearing the LAST CALL STATEMENT from the Democratic Candidates.

Lita or any West Coast Family members,

Can I ask you...there has been alot of talk in the media lately about how upsetting it is for West Coast voters to hear East Coast results...prior to the end of their polls closing.

How do you feel about that! I didn't realize that they do that in the general election too.

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:thumbs: Yup! I went out early this morning and voted after watching the news and hearing the LAST CALL STATEMENT from the Democratic Candidates.

Lita or any West Coast Family members,

Can I ask you...there has been alot of talk in the media lately about how upsetting it is for West Coast voters to hear East Coast results...prior to the end of their polls closing.

How do you feel about that! I didn't realize that they do that in the general election too.

Bless,

Gill

A co-worker and I were just talking about this and other similar things. It is upsetting because for us it feels like our vote doesn't even count. Like they are saying that Super Tuesday will basically decide who will win the nomination. Well our primary isn't for another 2 weeks so what affect does our vote really have? Lots of people ask...why even vote? In my county and state voter turnout is pretty low, I have often concluded that the reasoning behind it is probably because they don't feel like their vote matters. Or when it comes to the actual presidential election. I know many people that have gone to vote when the winner has already been announced because of the time difference.

Why can't we all vote at the same time? or a lot closer together?

I was also wondering about the states that have primaries very early on. How do those people that voted Guiliani or Edwards feel? I think they would feel like their vote was useless since they have since dropped out of the race. What about all those that had to vote so early and didn't get to hear all the latest debates and news...how is that fair?

I think we should all vote at the same time...after all hearing the same speeches, debates, scandals, etc. The way it is set up now makes me feel like it isn't a level playing field.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well I personally don't think its upsetting. That was the only reason I turned the news on this morning...hoping to hear some preliminary results out of the East. maybe some get upset cause it may give people false hope or if their candidate is down, they may just decide to say the heck with it and not vote on their own end. i can see that being a problem. But most saavy voters in the west should understand that we are always last to get feed in this country, even with reality voting shows like Idol. I hope that wouldn't deter them from voting.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oh, just saw your post Yardie. You make a great point about some states voting earlier than others...by days or weeks. Now that IS unfair. I was thinking just east/west coast time difference, but weeks ahead...makes no sense. The one thing to remember is we are a degate and electoral voting country..not a popular vote. So depending on the State you are in depends on just how many votes your candidate gets. So those delegates can really swing a vote. Your votes that you casted really do help get the delegates in your state up and on your side. Also I think i heard that people like Guliani can give their votes to another candidate. Like now you see Guliani supporting McCain so I guess he got his votes. I'm not sure its all so confusing. But after Super Tuesday the elections are not over. they could go well into march as everyone keeps saying. This race is sooo close on the Democrat side it just may take awhile.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Well guys and gals I got the RFE letter in the mail today. I don't have a scanner but will type as much as I can, here goes;

Please submit a completed copy of form DS230 Part 1, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data, for this applicant. In reviewing the form DS-230 Part 1 that you submitted, we note that you have either skipped Item 20 entirely or provided imcomplete information. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes. Your visa application cannot be processed until this form is complete.

A gap exists in your residency history of more than six months. When completing the information in Item #20, please refer to the following instructions below on how to obtain Police Certificates from these countries:

It goes on to give info about obtaining a police certificate although we have already submitted one. I plan on calling them this week to verify that they have the police cert.

Can anyone interpret this for me? I will update this thread when I am able to get through to the NVC while I wait for Mike to send a new DS-230 to me.

Has he lived in ONLY Jamaica since he was 16? I am getting the impression they are saying he was out of the country for more then 6 months.

JG;

He was born in Jamaica and has lived at the same since. The problem on the form is where they ask for the address he lived and time he lived there I omitted to put say for example date he lived there to present. I left out "present" because I was supposed to handwrite it in because that field is a number field and I could not type it in when I filled the form in on the computer. I think the letter is generic and does not specifically apply to him because I called NVC and everything else is okay, even the ubsigned police cert.

Okay then. At least you got some answers. I hate when they send out generic forms and then no one has a clue what the problem is.

I hope it works out quickly for you.

Jengy...please put dung deh porridge for a few minutes han guh vote...DUH!!!! :jest:

My boys and myself voted this morning! Didn't want to take a chance and miss being counted!!

It felt great...my boys were so excited about clicking the box of our candidate!! I've been taking them with me since they were two...so they are old pros at this point!

Gill

Yes, maam. I just went at lunch time.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

JG;

Okay then. At least you got some answers. I hate when they send out generic forms and then no one has a clue what the problem is.

I hope it works out quickly for you.

Gill

Yes, maam. I just went at lunch time.

Thank JG, I hope it works out for me soon. He mailed the packet out to me this morning. Lets see how long it takes to get here.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So totally :ot: I was reading another thread where people were looking for suggestions for welcoming your loved ones on their first night here. What have those of you who have your SO here did? For those who are expecting their SO, what do you plan to do to welcome them stateside? I get excited just thinking about the fun and exciting things you ladies will come up with :yes::yes::jest::jest:

Mike will be in Florida with his dad for a while before he comes here to me (I'm not sure how long, haven't asked)so I have not thought about what I would do :unsure::unsure: .

Hello VJ family.

My daughter and I picked Damien up from the airport. He came on Thanksgiving night so he had his first traditional soul food dinner. I was worried but he ate every crumb.

We rested the next day then shopped for winter clothes and food the weekend. I also took him around to meet my friends and family over the next few weekends...that's all. We were broke but happy to be together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.