Flames9_RN

Grey Cup this Sunday!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
http://www4.insinc.com/cfl/ One can watch the game live online--for a fee of course. $9.95 on TSN or $11.95 on CBC I believe the Cdn Consulate in DC sent out an email regarding hosting an event for the Grey Cup as well.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I don't even know who's playing as I haven't heard nothing about the CFL since I've moved down here. And I have dial up. And I miss Hockey Night in Canada. :(

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

I don't even know who's playing as I haven't heard nothing about the CFL since I've moved down here. And I have dial up. And I miss Hockey Night in Canada. :(

The Wpg BlueBombers and the Sask Roughriders!! Wooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo!!!

Argos and Lions were tops in their leagues, but lookie who's going to the Grey Cup!! haha :no::lol:

Sowwy about HNiC Joe :crying:

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Banjo Bowl 2007!!! Go Roughies!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

The Wpg BlueBombers and the Sask Roughriders!! Wooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo!!!

Argos and Lions were tops in their leagues, but lookie who's going to the Grey Cup!! haha :no::lol:

Sowwy about HNiC Joe :crying:

Carla (F)

Thanks. As soon as I can go home to visit family, I'm getting my hockey fix dealt with. :)

Go Roughriders!

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

Timeline

CBC will celebrate its football broadcasting history on Grey Cup Sunday

TORONTO - The CBC will celebrate its storied football broadcasting history on Grey Cup Sunday, the network's final CFL championship game before handing the ball to TSN in 2008.

The broadcaster will look back at over five decades of CFL coverage in a 2½-hour pre-game show before the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Saskatchewan Roughriders take the field at Rogers Centre for the 6 p.m ET kickoff.

Past announcers will discuss some of their most memorable moments, including Norm Marshall (who called the first Grey Cup for CBC in 1952), Don Chevrier and Ernie Afaganis.

TSN and the CFL agreed on a new five-year broadcast deal last December, one that will see all playoff games - including the Grey Cup - move to the network when the contract begins next year.

Timeline

He hawww!! Just looked up on Tivio's guide and see that the CFL Grey cup game will be broad casted on one of the channels for free! Appears to be one of cox's "local" channels! Sweet!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
He hawww!! Just looked up on Tivio's guide and see that the CFL Grey cup game will be broad casted on one of the channels for free! Appears to be one of cox's "local" channels! Sweet!!!

That is sweet. You'll be able to see Steagall, the eagle, as he soars over those Roughies. The Cincinnati kid's going to retire a Grey Cup Champion, even if the Bombers need to activate Ken Ploen, Khari Jones, Tom Clements and Dieter Brock to get it done. :lol: Should be a fun game. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Im cheering of course for the Roughies, but I'm just hoping for a good game. Blow outs are boring, and I would not mind seeing Stegall winning a cup. I would prefer if he waited till next yr,lol

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Sad, but a good way to go..................

Young, devoted Saskatchewan Roughriders fan dies of brain cancer

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

REGINA - A young terminally-ill Saskatchewan Roughriders fan who flew to Toronto with the province's premier to see his beloved team win the Grey Cup has died.

Chris Knox, 24, who had been fighting brain cancer for some time, died Thursday night.

Knox saw one of his last wishes come true when he was able to attend this past season's annual Labour Day game between the Roughriders and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in Regina.

A fundraising effort was later started to fly him to Toronto for the Grey Cup, and companies and individuals came through with more than $10,000 in donations.

Although Knox eventually flew east with then newly elected premier Brad Wall, enough money was raised to also send 10 Saskatchewan children with cancer to the game - five from Regina and five from Saskatoon.

Saskatchewan beat Winnipeg in the big game for only the third Grey Cup championship in the team's history

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.